ICT 2019: Important Dates, Pattern, Syllabus, Eligibility Criteria, Cut OffInstitute of Chemical Technology established in the year 1933 is a Chemical technology, research University located at Mumbai – India.Institute of Chemical Technology was formerly known as University Department of Chemical Technology. This Institute mainly focuses on training and research in various branches of Chemical Engineering, Chemical Technology and Pharmacy. ICT was granted as Deemed University in the year 2008,making it only State funded deemed university in India.

Institute of Chemical Technology is the first Institute in India to be granted the gentry badge by the State Government of Maharashtra.

At present, Institute of Chemical Technology proposes three degrees at Undergraduate level :- B.tech , B.Chem.Engineering , B.Pharma.

The other courses offered by the Institute are –

  • Sc in Chemistry
  • Chem.Engineering
  • Sc in Engineering Mathematics
  • Sc in textile chemical
  • Sc in Physics
  • Postgraduate diploma in Chemical Technology management
  • E in Plastic Engineering.

ICT offers specialization in several courses in the following areas –

  1. Technology of Fibres and Textiles Processing
  2. Technology of Dyes and Intermediates
  3. Technology of Pharmaceuticals and Fine Chemicals
  4. Food Engineering and Technology
  5. Paints Technology
  6. Polymer Technology
  7. Plastic Technology
  8. Technology of Oils and Surfactants
  9. Fibers and Textiles Processing Technology
  10. Surface Coating Technology
  11. Perfumery and Flavour Technology
  12. Bioprocess Technology (with special emphasis on Downstream Processing)
  13. Food Biotechnology
  14. Drug Delivery Technology
  15. Medicinal Chemistry
  16. Medicinal Natural Products

The admission process in Institute of Chemical Technology for B.Chemical and B.tech courses is divided into 70% and 30% seats such that 70% of the seats are reserved for the Students of Maharashtra and the remaining 30% for the rest of Students from India.The 70% reserved seats are filled on the basis of MH-CET merit and the rest 30% are filled on the basis of JEE Main score.

The seats in B.Pharm courses is fully reserved for the students of Maharashtra.

Admission to PG courses are entirely based on the GATE/GPAT score of the students,and after such admission if seats remains vacant then a written test is conducted by the Department of course.

Admission to Institute of Chemical Technology is done on the basis of CENTRAL ADMISSION PROCESS which is regulated by the Directorate of Technical Education.

ICT 2019 Rules & Regulations:

The candidates appearing for the Institute of Chemical Technology Admission Examination 2019 must follow certain guidelines prescribed below –

For JEE Mains and GATE 2019 :

  1. Biometric information (photograph and fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the Examination starts.
  2. Candidates must carry their Admit card and original valid ID proof to the examination hall.
  3. A scribble pad will be provided to the candidates for their rough work where the candidates must mention there his/her name and registration number on top of the pad.
  4. Carrying of electronic devices to the Examination hall by the candidates are strictly prohibited.
  5. Candidates are not allowed to carry any printed or hand written material inside the Examination hall.
  6. There should not be any kind of communication between the candidates inside the Examination hall.
  7. Candidates are prohibited to tamper with the computer or any other related hardware provided in the Examination hall.
  8. Any candidate found violating the above mentioned guidelines will be disqualified.In addition appropriate legal actions may be taken against the guilty candidate.

ICT 2019 Application Form Details:

The application form for Institute of Chemical Technology is filled both through online and offline mode,as per the candidate’s wish.

The application procedure will be completed in the following six steps –

  1. Firstly, candidates will be required to fill in their Date of birth, addressed details, Mobile number,caste category and scanned photograph.
  2. Next is filling in educational qualification details from 10th standard till 12th/graduation.(as the case maybe)
  3. Now the candidates are required to select the Entrance exam in which the candidate has appeared,the details of the examination – application ID,roll number,St.no,grade, percentile, percentage,total score and rank secured.
  4. In this step, candidates are asked to upload certain documents which should kept ready –
  • Scanned copy of 10th , 12th and graduation marksheet (as the case maybe)
  • Scanned copy of caste certificate
  • Scanned copy of migration certificate
  • Scanned copy of domicile certificate.
  1. After uploading the documents,the next step is payment of application fee which can be done using net banking, debit/credit card.

Application Fee Details:

An application fee of Rs.800 for general candidates and Rs.400 for SC/ST candidates has to be paid along with the application form in order to complete application process.

ICT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:

For M.tech

  1. B.tech degree is required with the percentile of 55% marks.
  2. Admission to the M.Tech courses will be based on the marks secured by the candidate in GATE exam.
  3. Candidate should be of Indian nationals.

For M.Sc

  1. B.Sc is concerned with the score marks of 55% marks.
  2. Admission to M.Sc courses is based on written test conducted by the university, pursue by the interview.
  3. The appearing candidate should be of Indian nationals.

For B.tech and B.Pharm

  1. Nationality: Candidate should be an Indian National
  2. Academic Eligibility: Candidate should have passed the Class 12 examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with subjects English, Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/Biotechnology /Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
  3. Class 12 Marks: Candidate should have secured minimum 50% marks in all the subjects. (45 % marks, in the case of Backward class categories and Persons with Disability candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.)
  4. JEE Main Score: Candidate should have obtained All India Rank in JEE Main Paper 1 conducted by CBSE.

ICT 2019 Exam Dates:

The Institute of Chemical Technology has announced the tentative schedule of the upcoming examination to be held in 2019.All the candidates who are appearing for the examination must understand the important dates provided.So, following is the complete schedule for Candidates –

Details.                                            Dates

Commencement of online application.    – 2nd week of May 2019

Registration last date.                                 – Last week of May 2019

Merit List/ Eligible Candidates List.                  – 2nd week of June 2019

ICT 2018 Written Test & Interviews           – 3rd week of June 2019

List of Selected Candidates               – Last week of June 2019

ICT 2019 Exam Pattern:

For B.tech

Parameters Particulars
Examination mode Computer based – Mathematics and aptitude
Pen and paper based – Drawing
Examination duration 3 hours (180 minutes)
Subjects Mathematics, General Aptitude and Drawing
Total number of questions Mathematics – 30
General aptitude – 50
Drawing – 2
Total – 82
Types of questions Mathematics and Aptitude – objective type
Drawing to test sketching skills
Total marks 390
Language English or Hindi
Marking scheme Right answer + 4 marks
Wrong answer -1 mark
Unattempted questions – no marks

For M.tech

Examination details Particulars
Mode Offline – pen and paper based
Total number of questions 100
Type of questions Objective type – MCQs
Section Section 1- questions from general engineering and science
Section 2 – questions from subject of discipline candidate is applying for
Language of examination English
Examination duration 2 hours (120 minutes)
Marking scheme Correct answer + 5 marks
Wrong answer – negative marking
Total marks 500

ICT 2019 Syllabus:

For B.tech

Mathematics:

Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Integral calculus, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Vector algebra, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Mathematical reasoning, Permutations and combinations, etc.

Physics:

Physics and measurement, Thermodynamics, Rotational motion, Laws of motion, Electronic devices, Oscillations and waves, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Optics, Electrostatics, Kinematics, Work, energy and power, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, Kinetic theory of gases, etc.

Chemistry:

Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Chemical thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, etc.

Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterisation of organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, etc.

Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), D – and f – block elements, Environmental chemistry, Hydrogen, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.

For M.tech

Syllabus for Computer science & information technology

  1. Engineering mathematics
  2. Digital logics
  3. Computer organisation and architecture
  4. Programming and data structure
  5. Algorithms
  6. Theory of computation
  7. Compiler design
  8. Operating system
  9. Databases
  10. Computer networks

Syllabus for Mechanical Engineering

  1. Engineering mathematics
  2. Applied mechanics and design
  3. Materials, manufacturing and Industrial Engineering
  4. Fluid mechanics and thermal sciences

Syllabus for Electronics and Communication Engineering

  1. Engineering mathematics
  2. Electronic devices
  3. Digital circuits
  4. Analog circuits
  5. Network,signal and systems
  6. Control systems
  7. Electromagnetic
  8. Communication

Syllabus for Electrical Engineering

  1. Engineering mathematics
  2. Electromagnetic fields
  3. Signals and systems
  4. Electric circuits
  5. Electrical machines
  6. Power systems
  7. Control systems
  8. Power electronics
  9. Analog and digital electronics

Syllabus for Civil Engineering

  1. Engineering mathematics
  2. Structural engineering
  3. Water resource engineering
  4. Geotechnical engineering
  5. Environmental engineering
  6. Transportation Engineering
  7. Geomatics Engineering

Syllabus for General Aptitude

  1. Verbal ability
  2. Numerical ability

ICT Previous Year Cut Off:

For B.tech
Category Cut-off 2018 Cut-off 2017 Cut-off 2016
General 74 81 100
OBC (NCL) 45 49 70
Schedule Caste (SC) 29 32 52
Schedule Tribe (ST) 24 27 48
For M.tech
Category Cut-off 2018 Cut-off 2017 Cut-off 2016
General 34.7 32.87 29.6
OBC (NCL) 31.2 29 26.6
Schedule Caste (SC) 23.1 21 19.7
Schedule Tribe (ST) 23.1 21 19.7

ICT 2019 Preparation Tips:

Firstly, Candidates needs to make a detailed note of all the topics included in the Institute of Chemical Technology Admission 2019 examination and should prepare every topic thoroughly.Knowing the syllabus will help students prepare efficiently

Here are few helpful tips for the students to prepare for the Examination –

  1. Download previous years question papers and sample papers for the exam preparation.
  2. Always make a study schedule and follow it regularly.
  3. All formulae, concepts, equations and key points should be on the students fingertips.
  4. Candidates should also try to recapitulate all the topics frequently.
  5. Regular discussions on relatable topics with friends are very helpful.
  6. Candidates should not ignore the topics in which they are weak,if they have ample time for preparation.In case of less time they can do the vice-versa.
  7. Candidates should focus more on notes instead of textbooks as they are more effective.
  8. If they face any problem/issue he/she should clear it out with their guide in order to secure good rank.
  9. Always be healthy.