ICFAI (Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India), one of the deemed universities in Telangana (India), provides various Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs for students who want to pursue their career in the field of management. It also offers part-time as well as the full-time course. To get admission into ICFAI, IBSAT is conducted every year by ICFAI which grants admission into programs like MBA, BBA, and other management programs.
About IBSAT 2019:
IBSAT, ICFAI Business School Aptitude Test, which provides admissions to nine IBS campuses present in India for MBA and Ph.D. Programs, is an online entrance exam, organized by ICFAI Business School every year. Students selected on the basis of IBSAT written exam, are called for interview. The scores obtained in the written exam and interview are accepted by the nine IBS campuses for the admission of aspirants.
On the basis of the scores obtained in IBSAT, candidates can apply for following programs:
- MBA program of two years at IBS Dehradun, Hyderabad and Jaipur branch.
- Ph.D. program of four years at IBS Hyderabad which is a full-time or part-time course.
- PGPM (Post-graduate Program in Management) program of two years at IBS Kolkata, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Bengaluru branch.
IBSAT 2019 Registration:
To register for IBSAT 2019, candidates have the option to fill the form via online mode or offline mode. Candidates can register for IBSAT 2019 from 1st July 2018 to 12th December 2018 on https://admissions.ibsindia.org/ibsat2018/registration.
IBSAT 2019 Application Form Details:
Candidates can apply for IBSAT 2019 via online mode or offline mode. For offline mode, candidates can visit the offices of IBS campus and get the application form by paying an amount of 1800/- as a fee. To check the nearest location, candidates can visit https://ibsindia.org/contact-us.
For online mode, candidates can visit the official website of IBS. Candidates need to fill their personal details with a scanned photograph, educational details and communication details for correspondence in future. Application fee can be paid via debit card, net banking or credit card.
IBSAT 2019 Rules & Regulations:
There are certain things candidates should keep in mind while filling in the form:
- Before filling the application form, candidates must go through the eligibility criterion which is thoroughly given on the information booklet available on the official website of IBSAT.
- While filling the application form, candidates should keep in mind that they enter a valid e-mail address, mobile number, and other communication details correctly. The uploaded photograph must be in color with a size below 25kB and the format of the photograph must be in JPEG or GIF.
- Educational details must be filled correctly as it will be further verified in future after clearing the exam completely. GPA should be converted into percentage correctly and the percentage should be rounded off to the nearest possible digit.
- After filling the form completely, candidates should take a print-out of the application for future.
IBSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
IBSAT has different criteria for the 2-year program and Ph.D. program.
For 2 year Program:
- Candidates who apply for IBSAT 2019 must be graduated, in any discipline and English as a mandatory medium, and with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized university. Those candidates who are graduated in any other medium, must appear for TOEFL/NELT/IELTS and submit their scores.
- Candidates who are in final year of their college can apply for IBSAT 2019. But they must have a degree before 31st May 2019. Till then, their admission to the colleges will be provisional. Candidates will be given a deadline of 1st November 2019 to submit their degrees.
- Candidates must have a regular education of 15 years (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) duration. Candidates who have done part-time course cannot apply for IBSAT as it requires full-time graduation.
For Ph.D. Program in Management (full-time or part-time):
- Candidates should have done graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Candidates should have a Post Graduate degree with a minimum of 55% aggregate in Human Resource/Marketing/Finance/Operations from a recognized university.
- Candidates who are post-graduate in Public Administration/Sociology/Psychology/Commerce/Mathematics/Statistics/Economics with a minimum 55% aggregate from a recognized university can apply for the IBSAT. A CA/CS qualified candidate can also for the exam but should have an aggregate of 55% in graduation.
For Ph.D. Program in Economics (full-time):
- Candidates should have done graduation from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% aggregate and post-graduation with a minimum aggregate of 55% in Economics or related field.
- Candidates should have a full-time education of 17years (10+2+4+2 or 10+2+3+2).
Note: Candidates who have done graduation or post-graduation in the part-time course are not eligible for IBSAT.
Apart from IBSAT, there are few IBS campus which accepts a score of GMAT or NMAT or CAT for the admission process of aspirants. IBS Dehradun and Jaipur branches accept these scores and grants admission for the MBA program in their campus. Also, IBS Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru, Pune, Gurgaon campuses grant admission to the candidates in PGPM program on the basis of marks scored in CAT/NMAT/GMAT.
IBSAT 2019 Exam Dates & Exam Pattern:
IBSAT written exam will be conducted on 22nd December 2018 and 23rd December 2018 in all over India at 95 centers. Candidates can download their exam slot has started from 1st week of July 2018. Downloading of the admit card will be after completion of slot booking. Through this slot booking facility, candidates can book their slots according to their convenience. After booking slots, candidates can download the admit card and take a print-out of the admission card is mandatory.
For the completion of the exam, 2 hours will be given to the aspirants. The exam will be a Computer Based Test and will have 140 questions which will be multiple choice questions. For every question, there will be five options. For every correct answer, one mark will be awarded and there is no negative marking in IBSAT for wrong answers. The medium of the question paper will be English. The IBSAT question paper will have four section:
- Verbal ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation and Sufficiency
|Subjects||Number of questions|
|Data Interpretation and Sufficiency||30|
For practice, IBS provides mock tests on its official website. Candidates can give mock tests which will start from September 2018.
Answer key of the written exam will be released after a few days of exam. Aspirants can calculate their marks with the help of key available on the official website. The result of the written exam will be declared on 1st week of January 2019. Candidates will be able to check their result online on the official website. Candidates appeared for the exam can check it by entering their application number and password on the portal.
The cut-off for the different branches is decided by them individually. The cut-off for every year depends on the availability of a number of seats and number of candidates applied for various programs. Candidates who qualify the written exam are further called for group discussion and then interview. Weightage for the academic record, group discussion, and personal interview is 50%, 25%, and 25% respectively.
Candidates are selected on the basis of the overall performance given in the written exam, group discussion, an interview. In the group discussion round, candidates will be called in the group of eight to ten and they will be given a topic. They will be asked to speak on the given topic for one or two topics. The jury members check communication skills, teamwork, and the way of expressing things of the candidates.
The final stage of the IBSAT is the personal interview round. In the interview round, candidates are questioned to check their confidence level, attitude and aptitude, a way of handling things, their thoughts about future and career growth, and many more.
Document verification is done for the shortlisted aspirants who clear all the three rounds. At the venue, selected candidates, called for document verification, will have to show documents mentioned below:
- IBSAT 2019 Application form with attached photograph.
- Self-attested photocopies of certificates and mark sheets of class 10th, 12th, graduation and post-graduation with original documents.
- Photocopy of admission card.
- A copy of the selection call letter.
After clearing IBSAT, candidates will be called for Selection Briefings, which is basically a series of seminars and presentations, which gives ideas about the Processes and Programs conducted at IBS. It depends on the selected to choose their slot for Selection Briefing. The time slot for this round will be given on the official website of IBS.
Selection for the admission in MBA/PGPM at IBS Hyderabad will be done between 20th February 2019 and 26th February 2019 and for the Ph.D. program will be done between 17th March 2019 and 20th March 2019.
IBSAT 2019 Syllabus:
The IBSAT question paper will consist of questions from Quantitative Ability, Data Adequacy, Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Skills and analytical reasoning. Quantitative Ability sections will contain questions from Basic Mathematics like Number System, Geometry, Profit and Loss, Permutation, Co-ordinate Geometry, etc. Candidates should make notes and point down all the formulae and tricks. It will save time during the exam.
Verbal ability section checks the grammar and vocabulary of the candidates. Antonyms, Synonyms, Fill in the Blanks, Error Spotting, Idioms, and Sentence Correction etc are asked in this section.
Data interpretation and Sufficiency part checks the calculation skills of a candidate and includes questions related to the pie chart, bar graph, tables, etc. This section has Venn diagrams and checks visual reasoning of the candidate. Candidates should practice three to four hours in this section as this part is calculative and need accuracy plus speed.
IBSAT 2019 Preparation Tips:
To clear IBSAT exam, a candidate should follow few steps:
- Students should check the syllabus thoroughly at the start. They should prepare for the examination as prescribed by IBS. Studying topics out of the syllabus will only waste the time.
- Students should make short notes on a daily basis which can be very useful for the revision when the exam day is near.
- Making a timetable can help to maintain a good speed while solving the question paper.
- Candidates should practice previous years question paper, sample papers. It will give about the questions. Reading newspapers, magazines on daily basis will help in the Reading Comprehension section, and it will also make vocabulary part strong.
- Candidates should give mock test daily. By giving mock tests daily, candidates can see their week sections and can further work on that part.
IBSAT 2019 Examination Center:
IBSAT exam will be conducted at various centers in all over India given below: