HPU B.Ed or the Himachal Pradesh University B.Ed admissions examination 2019 is for students willing to study or take admission in the 2-year bachelor course in education from various colleges and institutes under the HPU, Shimla. This course is for candidates who wish to pursue a career in academics, teaching and the education sector in general.
HPU B.Ed 2019 Registration Details:
Candidates willing to appear for the HPU B.Ed 2019 examination must register themselves through the official university website – https://hpuniv.nic.in.
In order to register, candidates will have to provide their name, date of birth, email id and phone number. After registration is completed, the candidate will receive a system generated login id or application in which they will have to use in order to log in to the site and start filling out the application form.
HPU B.Ed 2019 Application Form Details:
After successful registration and generation of login/application id, the candidate will have to log in to the site in order to fill up the application form. The application form will require personal details, contact details, and academic details. Once the information has been entered and verified, the candidate will have to save the data and move on to the next page where they will have to upload scanned documents of signature, recent passport size photograph, and other documents as may be requested. After uploading of documents, candidates will have to proceed to pay the fees. Fee payment can be done online as well as offline. The application fee is Rs. 900 for general and OBC candidates and Rs. 450 for SC/ST/PH candidates. After fee payment is cleared, candidates will have to save the transaction receipt (whether online through net banking or credit/debit card or offline through e-challan – via State Bank of India) and also save the application form for future references. Candidates will have to submit the completed application form along with payment receipt to the following address (either by post or by hand) –
‘The Assistant Registrar (Entrance Tests),
Room No. 10, Administrative Block, Ground Floor, H.P. University, Summer Hill, Shimla – 171 005 (H.P.)’.
HPU B.Ed 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to appear for the HPU B.Ed examination must keep in mind certain rules and regulations related to it, as are given below
- Reservation of seats – 85% seats is reserved for bonafide or domicile candidates belonging to Himachal Pradesh. 15% seats will be open to candidates belonging to all other states. 1 supernumerary seat will be reserved for a single girl child.
- Admission to the course will be made strictly on merit base and according to scores obtained in the entrance test.
- Duly signed (by invigilator) hall tickets are to be kept by the candidate and are to be produced during admission and counseling.
- Hall ticket/Admit card is necessary to be produced by the candidate when entering the exam hall else he or she will be debarred from entering and/or giving the exam.
- Candidates will be charged a practical fee of Rd. 300 in the third semester.
HPU B.Ed Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the HPU B.Ed 2019 examination must meet the below mentioned eligibility criteria
- Candidates who have obtained a minimum score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates) in either Bachelor’s degree or in Master’s degree (from any stream), Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with a specialisation in Mathematics and Science with a 55% (50% for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates) or any level of degree which is equivalent to the aforementioned criteria.
- Candidates who have just appeared for their Bachelor’s (any course or degree), Master’s or Bachelor’s in Engineering/Technology final examination and are awaiting their results are also eligible to apply.
- There is no upper age limit for the candidates applying to the regular B.Ed course of one year.
HPU B.Ed 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the HPU B.Ed examination must keep the following dates in mind –
(P.S. – The time periods mentioned below are tentative, subject to change.)
- Online application form filling process will start from the second week of April 2019.
- The last date for successful submission of application form will be in May 2019.
- Admit card will be available for download in the last week of May 2019.
- The entrance exam will be held in the first week of June 2019.
- Results will be announced in the last week of June 2019.
- Merit list will be uploaded in July 2019.
- Counseling will start from the last week of July 2019.
HPU B.Ed Exam Pattern:
Candidates willing to appear for the HPU B.Ed 2019 examination must keep in mind the below-mentioned exam pattern –
- Questions will be objective in nature. There will be four options given by which candidates will have to select the correct option.
- There will be a total of 150 questions asked, divided into 5 different sections, worth 150 marks.
- The marking scheme will be +1 for every correct answer.
- The paper will be for 2 hours.
- The five sections of the paper will be – Logical Reasoning (30 questions), Teaching Attitude and Aptitude (20 questions), Knowledge on National Commission on Education (20 questions), Language and Comprehension – Both English and Hindi (40 questions – 20+20), General Awareness – Mainly HP and India (40 questions).
HPU B.Ed Syllabus:
Syllabus for the HPU B.Ed 2019 examination is as follows
General Awareness (HP and India)
Geography, literacy, famous historical places, fairs and festivals, history, social life and customs, art and architecture, demography, transportation, communication, and economy.
Language and Comprehension
Spot the error, Fill-ups, Synonyms-Antonyms, Spell check/ miss-spelled words, Idioms, and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into the direct/indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence Parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a Passage, Closed and Comprehension Passage.
Introduction to Logic, Syllogisms, Logical Connectives, Binary Logic, Logical Sentence and Matching, Seating Arrangement, Blood Relations, Venn Diagrams, Cubes, Clocks, Calendars, Numbers and Letter Series.
Knowledge of National Commission and Commission on Education
No specific syllabus has been given regarding this. The topic itself will cover the syllabus and candidates are expected to have knowledge regarding the same.
Teaching Aptitude and Attitude
Similar to the previously mentioned topic, this too doesn’t have a separate syllabus but knowledge of the topic and ways of dealing with teaching are what covers it.
Certain recommended books
General Knowledge & Awareness 2018 by Disha Experts, Himachal Pradesh General Knowledge by Dr. Syed, English Language and Comprehension English to English by Hari Mohan Prasad and Swetali Mohan, Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal, Teaching Aptitude and Attitude Test Useful for B.Ed. Entrance Exams Conducted by Various Universities by Abha Malik (Arihant).
HPU B.Ed Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the HPU B.Ed 2019 examination must follow the below-mentioned preparation tips
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books as well as the books that have been mentioned above.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
HPU B.Ed Cut-Off:
Candidates willing to appear for the HPU B.Ed 2019 examination must meet the following cut-off criteria –
General category candidates – Cut-off marks will be 53 and the cut-off percentage will be 35%.
SC/ST/OBC/PWD/PH – Cut-off marks will be 45 and the cut-off percentage will be 30%.
HPU B.Ed Participating Institutes:
Below are mentioned the names of colleges and institutes which will be accepting HPU B.Ed scores.
(P.S. – This list is subject to change. Please contact the respective colleges regarding the same.)
- Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla
- College of Teacher Education, Kangra
- Vallabh Government College, Mandi
- Lakshay Institute of Education, Solan
- Government College, Una
- Shimla College of Education, Shimla
- Trisha College of Education, Hamirpur
- Shri Sai College of Education, Hamirpur
- Raj Rajeshwari College of Education, Hamirpur
- Nalanda College of Education, Hamirpur
- Gurukul Bharti College of Education, Bilaspur
- Abhilashi Post Graduation College of Education, Mandi
- Jagriti Teachers Training College, Mandi
- Himalayan Group of Professional Institutions, Sirmaur
- BKD College of Education for Women, Sirmaur
- Lalgee B.Ed College, Mandi
- Himalayan College of Education, Mandi
- Blooms College of Education, Mandi
- Bhardwaj Shikshan Sansthan, Mandi
- Maharaja Lakshman Sen Memorial College, Sundarnagar