HPCET stands for Himachal Pradesh Common Entrance Test, this test is conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Technical University every year for admissions in the respective colleges affiliated to the Himachal Pradesh Technical University.
Candidates aspiring to enroll under technical (B. Tech and M. Tech) courses of the university, must be aware of some basic information like registration procedure, admission procedure, eligibility criteria, examination schedule, commencement of registration, commencement of counseling, the syllabus of the examination, how to prepare for the examination and, etc.
We are here with all the information you are going to need for the examination to succeed with flying colors. We don’t want you to miss out on any relevant information subject to the examination. All the important dates along with the all the other information regarding the examination is mentioned in the following sections.
HPCET 2019 Registration Process:
The first and foremost step towards the application for any examination is registration. It is very important that you register carefully. Below mentioned, is all the information you will need to register for the examination.
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of HPCET i.e., http://www.himtu.ac.in.
STEP 2 – Visit the admissions section. Read the guidelines of the admission procedure, carefully and proceed for registration.
STEP 3 – Fill the application form: The candidates applying offline can download the forms from http://www.himtu.ac.in/download-form/ and print a hard copy and fill the form. Candidates can apply online as well, the online form will be available on the official website of HPTU.
STEP 4 – Do not forget to affix a passport size photograph with the application form when applying offline.
Online applicants are supposed to upload their photograph and signature in the format mentioned by the administration.
STEP 5 – Make payment: Select the payment mode:
- Online: net banking, credit card, debit card.
- Offline: via e-challan.
Application Fee Details:
|Category||Registration fee (in rupees)|
HPCET 2019 Application Form Details:
It is very important for the candidates, that they fill out the application details very carefully following the guidelines mentioned by the HPTU.
The candidates are required to fill the following details while filling the application form:
Personal (basic) details:
- Select the course you want to apply for:
- Sc Physics.
- Sc Environmental Science.
- MBA (T&H).
- Candidate’s name
- Father’s name.
- Mother’s name.
- Date of Birth.
- Application number.
- Contact number.
- Email Id.
- Present address.
- Aadhaar Number.
- Branch/ stream.
Candidates are advised to give the contact details, they actively use, to not miss out on any updates or any other relevant information.
- Exam passed.
- Year of passing.
- Board University.
- Marks obtained.
- Total Marks.
HPCET 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Every institution/university has some norms that must be followed. To get into HPTU, candidates are required to follow the following rules strictly:
- The first stage involves qualifying HPCET.
- After the candidate has qualified the written examination, the candidate is offered admission by the HPTU.
- The candidate has to go through various rounds of counseling before the admission.
- Cutoffs of colleges are released based on the ranks, candidates can follow up with the cutoffs and apply for counseling, accordingly.
- When called for counseling, candidates are required to carry their admit card, rank card, 10th pass certificate and mark sheet, 12th pass certificate and mark sheet, B. TECH pass certificate and mark sheet, a demand draft of the amount mentioned (if any).
- The undergraduate applicants who have qualified JEE Main 2019 examination will not be required to attempt the HPCET examination. These candidates will be eligible for direct admissions.
The candidates who are allotted seats at HPCET at the final round of counseling will have to report to the admission centers for verification of the credentials and payment of fees on the dates mentioned in the website.
If the candidates fail to report at the mentioned venue on mentioned date and time, the candidate will not be considered for admission afterward.
HPCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
It is must for all applicants to first fulfill the necessary eligibility criteria of HPCET 2019 as suggested by the board before they proceed to the application. Candidates can check all important details on HPCET eligibility criteria 2019 in the following section:
For applicants applying for an undergraduate degree:
- Applicants must have passed XII/10+2 or equivalent examination with no less than 45% aggregate marks (40% marks in case of reserved category) from a recognized board/university.
- They must pass the qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as major subjects with any one of the following optional subjects: Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational and Biology.
For postgraduate applicants:
- Candidates must have a qualifying degree in their respective For admission in M. Tech. Programmes, applicants under all categories must possess a bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or equivalent from the institutes recognized by UGC / AICTE or a Masters degree in Science.
- Candidates seeking admission to M. Tech. Programmes of the Institute should have minimum 50% in the qualifying degree for UR/OBC candidates minimum, 45% in the qualifying degree for SC/ST candidates.
HPCET 2019 Exam Dates:
It is very important that the candidates are aware of the deadlines, otherwise, they might miss the application deadline, so follow up with the dates mentioned below:
|HPCET 2019||Important Dates|
|Online Application Process Starts for both M.Tech and B.Tech||01st week of Mar 2019|
|Last Date to Apply Online for both M.Tech and B.Tech||4th week of Apr 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||1st week of May 2019|
|BEEE 2019 examination for both M.Tech and B.Tech||2nd week of May 2019|
HPCET 2019 Exam Pattern:
Candidates must be familiar with the examination pattern in order to get through the examination. Here is all the information, you are going to need for qualifying the examination.
- Mode of examination: Offline.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions.
- The medium of examination: English Medium.
- Marking scheme: 2 marks are awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative marking: 5 marks is deducted from the total score for every wrong answer.
- Duration of examination: 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- A number of questions: 150.
- Maximum marks: 300.
HPCET 2019 Syllabus:
Candidates can get a detailed look at the syllabus of HPCET at:
It includes the syllabus prescribed in the NCERT books by CBSE.
It is branch specific:
HPCET Previous Year Cutoff:
Previous year cutoff can help you a lot in your preparation, it gives you an idea that how much you need to score in the examination for being eligible for the admission. The cutoff is mentioned below:
|Name of Exam||General Categories||Reserved Categories|
|HPCET MTech 2016||20%||15%|
List of colleges accepting HPCET Exam:
- Vaishno College of Engineering, Nurpur.
- SIRDA Institute of Engineering Technology NH-21, Naulakha.
- MIT College of Engineering & Management, Barsar.
- R. Abhilashi Memorial Institute of Engineering & Technology, Mandi.
- Shiva Institute of Engineering & Technology, Bilaspur.
- Himalayan Institute of Engineering & Technology, Kala Amb.
- R. Institute of Engineering & Technology.
- IITT College of Engineering, Kala Amb.
- Himachal Institute of Technology, Sirmour.
- C. Group of Research and Professional Institute, Pandora.
- Himachal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Vidyanagar.
- Bells Institute of Management & Technology, Shimla.
- Green Hills Engineering College, Kumarhatti.
- Dev Bhumi Institute of Engineering & Technology, Una.
- Rajiv Gandhi Government Engineering College, District Kangra.
- Engg. College Jeory, Rampur.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Govt Institute of Engineering and Technology, Pragatinagar.
- N. Govt. Engineering College, Bhechandhar, Sundernagar.
HPCET 2019 Preparation Tips:
As stated by Brian Tracy 80% of consequences/ results you face are decided by 20% of your actions. If you follow up on the tips mentioned above, there is no way you are going to fail. Make that 20 % of your decisions wisely.
The two keys that will help you accomplish your goal are:
- Hard work.
- Smart work.
No doubt hard work is important, but working hard without a plan is no different than catching a train without any destination.
First things first, you need a plan. A plan helps you every step of the way and brings you closer to your goal. It saves your time of going back and forth and lets you move only in one direction and that is forward.
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline for every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting a better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice any questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.