The HP LEET 2019 will be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh Takniki Shiksha Board which is located in Dharamshala. (HPTSB). This exam will be conducted to provide admission to candidates in various diploma courses in various government and private polytechnic institutes in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Through this exam, candidates (if need be) can directly take admission in the 2nd or 3rd year of study.
HP LEET 2019 Registration:
Candidates willing to appear for the HP LEET will have to register themselves through the official website – http://www.hptechboard.com.
For registering, candidates will have to enter their name, phone number, and email id.
HP LEET 2019 Application Form Details:
After registration, candidates will receive login credentials in their email id and phone number, using which they will have to log in to the site and fill up their application form.
The application form will contain separate sections for personal details, academic details, and other necessary details. After filling up the details and going through them, candidates will have to submit the form. Candidates will then have to upload scanned copies of necessary documents related to their education as well as personal details such as signature and recent passport size photograph.
After all, this is done, candidates will have to pay the application fee which is Rs. 650 (general category) and Rs. 400 (reserved category). Payment can be done online as well as offline. For online payment credit/debit card or net banking, the method can be used. For candidates willing to use the offline method they will have to avail the DD method. In the case of DD, candidates will have to pay Rs. 700 for general category candidates and Rs. 450 for reserved category candidates. After the form has been filled and submitted, candidates must take a printout of the same and keep for future reference.
HP LEET 2019 Rules and Regulations:
For candidates willing to appear for the HP LEET 2019 examination, certain rules and regulation related to the exam are given below –
- There will be no provision for re-evaluation or re-checking of the answer scripts after the results have been declared.
- Use of calculators, log tables, slide rulers, watches, pagers, and cellular devices are strictly prohibited in the exam halls.
- Admit cards will NOT be sent by post and candidates will only have the provision of downloading it online.
- The merit list will be prepared only according to marks scored in the LEET exam.
- If two or more candidates have the same score on the exam then the candidate who is older age wise will be ranked higher. Ranks, if scores are the same, will be according to the age of the candidate.
- Candidates will have to reach the exam hall at least 30 minutes prior to the starting of the exam so that they have enough time in hand to fill out necessary particulars.
HP LEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the HP LEET 2019 examination must meet the eligibility criteria as is given below –
- All Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Age of the candidate cannot be less than 15 years or more than 25 years.
- Candidates appearing in any qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates having passed 10+2 years ITI/COE course are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board in order to be eligible to apply.
HP LEET 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the HP LEET 2019 examination need to be aware of the particular dates which are of importance and as are given below –
(P.S. The dates and time frame given below are tentative – subject to change.)
- Online form-fill-up will be done from April 2019.
- The last date for online form fill-up will be in May 2019.
- Admit card will be issued online in May 2019.
- The entrance exam will be in May 2019.
- Results will be declared in May 2019 – June 2019.
- Admission process will start in June 2019.
HP LEET 2019 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern for the HP LEET 2019 test will be as follows –
- The total time allotted for the exam will be 3 hours.
- There will be a total of 100 questions divided into the following categories – Mathematics (25 questions), Physics (25 questions), Chemistry (25 questions) and General Knowledge (15 state-level questions and 10 national level questions).
- Questions will all be objective in nature and MCQ based. There will be four options given from which candidate will have to select the correct answer.
- The test will be conducted offline and it will be a pen and paper-based test.
- The marking scheme will be +4 for every correct answer and -1 for every wrong answer.
- All questions will carry equal marks. The paper will be worth 400 marks.
- The paper will be bilingual – both in Hindi and in English – (only for the Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry portions.)
HP LEET 2019 Syllabus:
The syllabus will be as prescribed by the H.P. Board of School Education for Matriculation. However, a good idea of all the topics as having been studied and covered in class 12 is necessary and enough to crack the examination.
HP LEET 2019 Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the HP LEET must keep the following preparation tips in mind –
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.