HITSEEE 2019 will be organized by the Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science (HITS), Chennai, to take in candidates to the 10 undergraduate B.Tech and B.Arch courses in their institute. Candidates who qualify in the HITSEEE can only apply to the various courses.
The courses will be 4 years for B.Tech and 5 years B.Arch.
HITSEEE 2019 Registration:
The HITSEEE registration process is to be done through their official website – https://www.hindustanuniv.ac.in.
Candidates can download the form online and then send the completed form to the university admissions office by post or they can also submit it online. In order to register, candidates will have to enter a verified email id, name, mobile number, date of birth and course preference options – 1,2,3. An application number will be sent to the verified email id as well as displayed on the screen.
HITSEEE 2019 Application Form Details:
After registering themselves, candidates will have to fill up the application form. The filled out application form can either be submitted online or to the official admissions office of the university.
Candidates will have to fill in personal details by logging in using their date of birth and application number.
Details such as parents name, place of birth, correspondence address, country, state, nationality, religion, mother tongue, gender, and caste.
After the personal details, candidates will have to enter education details of class 10 and class 12. Details will include, the medium of instruction, the name of the previous institution studied in, the registration number of class 10 and class 12 and date and year of passing. Finally, the candidate will have to select two test centers in which they would like to appear for the exam. After entering all the details, candidates will have to upload a scanned recent passport size photograph and signature. Finally, candidates will have to check whether all the details entered by them are correct and will have to submit the form and continue to application fee payment.
The application fee is Rs. 925. Payment must be done online through HDFC bank debit/credit card. After fee payment, a provisional registration slip will be displayed which the candidate will have to download and keep, for future reference. The offline process is similar, but candidates will have to send all attested and verified documents along with three passport size photographs to the university at the following address –
40 GST Road,
St. Thomas Mount,
Payment will have to be done through DD, for offline form fill-up.
HITSEEE 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to apply for the HITSEEE 2019 examination must keep the following rules and regulations in mind –
- HITS provides a scholarship to candidates from either of the following categories –
- Toppers of each State Board and Central Board gets 100% tuition fee waiver.
- HITSEEE 2019 rank holders 1-25 get 100% tuition fee waiver.
- HITSEEE 2019 rank holders 26-50 get 75% tuition fee waiver.
- HITSEEE 2019 rank holders 51-100 get 50% tuition fee waiver.
- A basic pass mark in the HITSEEE 2019 will not guarantee admission to the candidate.
- Selected candidates will have to pay Rs. 50000 by DD/NEFT/RTGS in favor of Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, payable at Chennai.
- In case of any problem with the computer in the exam center, candidates are requested to inform the invigilator, at the earliest.
- Exam centers opted for by the candidate cannot be changed after submission of application form.
- Registration forms without the signature of the candidate and/or his or her guardian/parent is liable to be rejected without further notice.
HITSEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the HITSEEE 2019 examination must meet the following eligibility criteria –
- Candidates applying to appear for the HITSEEE 2019 examination must have attained the age of 17 when filling the application form.
- Upper age limit for applying is 19 years.
- Only Indian nationals residing in India are eligible to apply.
Eligibility criteria course wise is given below –
- Tech – Candidate should have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board of secondary education with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) and should have obtained a minimum of 50% taking all three subjects together.
- Tech Biotechnology – Candidate should have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board of secondary education with PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology) and should have obtained a minimum of 50% taking all four subjects together.
- Arch – Candidate should have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board of secondary education with a minimum of 50% with Mathematics or Business Mathematics as one of the main subjects. Alternately, candidates can have completed a 3-year diploma programme (10+3) with a minimum of 50% with mathematics as one of the main subjects. Candidates must have qualified NATA examination with a minimum score of 80/200 score.
HITSEEE 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the HITSEEE 2019 examination must keep the following important dates in mind –
(P.S. – The time frames are given below are tentative and subject to change.)
- Application forms will be issued from 9th December 2018.
- The last date for the issue of application forms will be 20th April 2019.
- The last date for the submission of application forms will be 20th April 2019.
- Admit cards will be issued in April 2019 onwards.
- Exam dates (for other centers) will be from 29th April to 30th of April 2019.
- Exam dates (for Chennai centers) will be from the 29th April to 3rd May 2019.
- The announcement of results will be on the 7th of May 2019.
- Publication of rank list will be in May 2019.
- Counseling will start from the 16th of May 2019.
- Counseling will end on the 26th of May 2019.
- Classes will begin from the second week of July 2019.
HITSEEE 2019 Exam Pattern:
Candidates willing to appear for the HITSEEE 2019 examination must keep the following examination pattern in mind –
- The paper will be in English.
- The time duration for the exam will be 2 hours.
- All questions will be objective in nature.
- There will be three parts to the question paper –
Part I – Physics (40 questions)
Part II – Chemistry (40 questions)
Part III – Mathematics (40 questions)
- Each correct answer will be rewarded with +1.
- There will be 120 questions asked, each carrying 1 mark, making the paper worth 120 marks.
HITSEEE 2019 Syllabus:
Candidates willing to appear for the HITSEEE 2019 examination must keep in mind the syllabus, subject wise, as is given below –
- Current Electricity,
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current & Magnetism,
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current,
- Electromagnetic Waves & Wave Optics,
- Atomic & Nuclear Physics,
- Dual Nature of Radiation & Matter,
- Semiconductor Devices & their Applications.
- Atomic Structure
- P, D, and F Block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry & Solid State Chemistry
- Chemical Equilibrium & Chemical Kinetics
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols & Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids & their derivatives
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds
- Applications of Matrices & Determinants
- Complex Numbers
- Analytical Geometry of two dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus & its Applications
- Differential Equations
- Probability Distributions
- Discrete Mathematics.
HITSEEE 2019 Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the HITSEEE 2019 examination must keep the following preparation tips in mind if they wish to crack the exam.
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.