Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management, also known as GITAM was founded in 1980 by Dr. M.V.V.S.Murthi. GITAM Hyderabad Business School offers a two-year full-time MBA programme approved by UGC, AICTE. Apart from MBA, GITAM HBS also offers full time and part time M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes in various areas of Management. Following is the list of programmes offered in HBS:
- PG Programmes – MBA (Dual Specialization) and MBA (FinTech)
- UG Programmes – BBA with CIMA, BBA (Business Analytics), BBA, and B.Com with ACCA
- Research Programmes – M.Phil. and Ph.D.
Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test (HBSAT) is an entrance examination for admissions in MBA programs offered by GITAM HBS. Candidates can get admission to a full-time MBA programme by clearing this examination.
HBSAT 2019 Registration:
Candidates can register for the MBA 2019 admissions on the official website ghbs.in/online/MBA. It is mandatory to register for HBSAT 2019 if a candidate does not have any other valid management entrance examination scores. The registration form will be available tentatively from November 2019. The last date to register will be in the second week of December 2019.
HBSAT 2019 Application Form Details:
Candidates can fill the application form through online and offline mode as well. For online mode, candidates can apply for the examination through the official website of HBS. For offline mode, applicants can get the application form by post enclosed with a Demand Draft in favor of “GITAM Hyderabad Business School Receipts” or in person at GITAM city office at Khairatabad, Hyderabad.
Note: – Application fee is Rs. 700/- for all the applicants.
HBSAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in any discipline from a recognized university.
- A candidate appearing in the final examination of their Bachelor’s degree may apply for HBSAT 2019 provided they submit the proof of having met the eligibility criteria by August 20th
- Candidates with valid MAT/GMAT/ATMA/CAT/XAT/NMAT-2018 scores are exempted from HBSAT 2019.
- Foreign students and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible and are required to take GMAT at a test center outside India.
HBSAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
HBS will conduct a written examination for all the aspirants followed by a round of group discussion and personal interview. HBS will conduct the examination through online mode. The duration of the examination will be 90 minutes. There will 100 multiple choice type questions and the language of the question paper will be English. For each correct answer, one marks will be awarded. There will be no negative marking in HBSAT 2019. The question paper will be divided into the following sections:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||20|
HBSAT 2019 Syllabus:
- Data Sufficiency: Data Interpretations and Data Sufficiency
- Mathematical Ability: Number System, Profit, Loss and Discount, Percentage, Time and Work, Time, Speed and Distance, Age, Averages, Algebra, Ratio and Proportion, Simple Interest and Compound Interest.
- Communication and Business Aptitude: Statement and Conclusions, Strong and Week Arguments, Statements and Inferences, Analogies, Verbal Classification, Syllogism, Causes and Effects, and Course of Action.
- English: Reading Comprehension, Sentence Completion, Word Usage, Cloze Test, Synonyms and Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, Phrasal Verbs, and Analogy.
- Reasoning: Critical Reasoning, Number and Letter Series, Missing Numbers, Odd one out, Blood Relation, Mathematical Puzzles, Sitting Arrangements, Venn diagram, Coding and Decoding, Distance Test and Ranking Test.
HBSAT 2019 Exam Dates:
HBS will be held tentatively in the second week of January 2019. Admit card will be available in the first week of January 2019 on the official website of HBS. All the candidates should download the admit card by providing Registration Number and Date of Birth. Without the admit card, candidates will not be allowed inside the examination hall.
Results of HBSAT 2019 will be declared tentatively in the month of March 2019 on the official website of HBS. Result will be published in pdf format. Candidates should take a printout of the result. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the group discussion round and personal interview.
Candidates who will score marks equal to the cut-off scores or more than that in HBSAT 2019 will be called for further evaluation. In the group discussion, management skills and logical skills of the candidate will be checked. In the interview round, confidence and overall personality of the candidate will be checked by a panel of interviewers.
A list of successful candidates will be announced on GITAM HBS’s website and offer letters will be sent to the candidates.
List of Documents required while counseling:
- 10th and 12th Mark-sheet of the Qualifying examination
- School Leaving/Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Admit Card of HBSAT 2019
- Category Certificate
- Class 10th and 12th Passing Certificate
HBSAT 2019 Exam Centers:
HBSAT 2019 Preparation Tips:
- Candidates should download previous year papers for practice. The solving question paper will improve speed and accuracy.
- Candidates should make a timetable. This will enable them to manage time properly.
- Candidates should make short notes which will save time during final revision.