Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is conducted every year by Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). GMAC is the number one exam preferred by students all over the word to get admission into several B schools of India and abroad. It is conducted five times a year. Candidates can choose the date and time of their choice. The candidates can give GMAT a maximum of eight times including the times where the score was canceled by the candidate.
GMAT analyses candidates on the basis of analytical writing skills, decision-making abilities, critical and logical thinking and verbal skills in English. Candidates have to be sound in English language and aptitude. These skills are necessary for management and finances programmes offered by the Business Schools all over the world.
The minimum gap between each successive attempt must be 16 days. Candidates have to pay an additional amount for rescheduling. The application and various other details will be discussed later in other sections. GMAT score is accepted by about 2,300 business schools over 7000 programmes. It is still preferred exam over GRE for admission into top B schools all over the world. GMAT is conducted in 114 countries across 600 centers.
GMAT Score Validity:-
The GMAT score will be valid for five years. The score will have details of all the GMAT tests taken by the candidates over the period of five years. If a candidate wants to access the GMAT score older than five years, he or she has to pay an additional fee for that. The GMAT score can vary between 200-800. Candidates have to choose any five participating B schools of their choice. They don’t have to pay any additional fee for that. After the completion of the exam, candidates can choose to submit or cancel their scores. If they choose to submit their score, it will be sent to the five business schools the candidates selected. If they choose to cancel their score, they can opt to reschedule. The canceled score will still be counted as an attempt.
GMAT Test Centers In India:-
GMAT is conducted in 34 cities across 39 test centers. GMAT is conducted online in cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Gurgaon, Noida, Patna, Mysore, Ranchi, Vellore, Indore, Hyderabad, New Delhi, Pilani, Jaipur, Patna, Tiruchirappalli, Vellore, Manipal, Trivandrum, Lucknow, Visakhapatnam, Kolkata, Chennai, Vijayawada, Guwahati, Bhubaneswar, Patiala, Ahmedabad, and Nagpur.
GMAT Admit Card:-
Candidates have to download their GMAT admit card online. The admit card will carry information like the personal details of the candidate, the date and time of the test and the venue. Candidates should check that all the details mentioned in the admit card are correct. In case of any discrepancy, contact the officials. It is mandatory to carry the admit card on the day of the exam.
GMAT 2019 Registration & Application Form Details:
The candidates who aspire to get admission in top B-schools all over the world can check out the registration process for GMAT on our website. Before registering for the exam, candidates must make sure that they are eligible for the examination. The application process will be completely online.
Step 1: Before Applying Online, Candidates Must Make Sure of The Following points:
- The entries made while filling the application form online are correct.
- They have scanned images of their photograph and signature in jpg format and of required size.
- The details given by the candidates must match with their official documents.
- Candidates should keep a future copy of the application form for future reference.
Step 2: Create your account:
- Visit the official website of the GMAC you wish to apply for.
- This is the first step in the registration process. It is necessary for aspirants to create an account so that you can edit and save your details anytime by logging in to your account.
- Enter your full name, date of birth, phone number and Email address. Verify your Email address and mobile number. This will come handy in case you forgot your password.
- Set a strong password and create your account.
Step 3: Log In To Your Account:
- Log in to your newly formed account using your username and password.
- Enter your academic details like the name of college/school you studied from, the qualifying bachelor’s degree, the year of passing and the aggregate marks obtained in graduation/school. It is necessary to check if you are eligible or not and will be verified with your documents.
- Enter other details like gender, nationality, and address for correspondence.
- After entering all the details, upload all the scanned documents and images in required size and format.
- Double-check all the details and agree to the terms and conditions. Now submit the application form.
- Complete the payment online via credit card, debit card or internet banking.
Check out the application fee for all the exams in the table given below:
|GMAT SERVICE||FEE (in USD)|
|RESCHEDULE WITHIN 7 DAYS||250|
|RESCHEDULE AFTER 7 DAYS||60|
|CANCEL WITHIN 7 DAYS||No Refund|
|CANCEL AFTER 7 DAYS||Refund of 80 USD|
|Additional SCORE REPORT||35|
|Enhanced SCORE REPORT||24.95|
GMAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
GMAT aspirants who want to get admission into Business colleges and universities all over the world for programmes management should check out if they are eligible for the exam before applying and start preparing for the examination.
If there is any kind of discrepancy found in the eligibility criteria, the admission can be canceled even after qualifying the examination. Make sure all your official documents are ready before you apply for the examination.
The difficulty level of GMAT is computerized. If the initial questions answered by the candidate are correct, the difficulty level increases and if the initial questions answered by the candidate are incorrect, then the difficulty level decreased. There is no difference in the type of questions asked in different regions.
There are no set eligibility criteria to appear for GMAT. But since GMAT is an entrance exam for postgraduate programmes, the candidate must be a graduate. Therefore the eligibility criteria mainly depend upon the institute offering admission based on the GMAT score. This article brings out the eligibility criteria details of GMAT 2019:
- Lower age limit: GMAT regulations specify that the minimum (ideal) age limit required to appear for GMAT 2019 is 18 years. Candidates who are aged between 13-17 years have to submit a written consent from their parents or guardian.
- Upper age limit: There is no upper age limit specified in order to appear for GMAT 2019.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must be a graduate from any college or university recognized by the government.
- A number of attempts: The total number of attempts cannot be more than 8. Also, the number of attempts cannot be more than 5 per year.
- Nationality: Since GMAT is an international exam. There is no restriction on the nationality of the candidate. The candidate can be of any nationality.
GMAT 2019 Exam Dates and Pattern:
The Graduate Management Admission Test is conducted throughout the year online. The candidates can apply for the same and select the date, time and venue of their choice. They can also select the five B-schools they wish to get admission in.
The results will be displayed right after the exam. The candidates can either choose to cancel or submit the score. Either way, it will be considered an attempt. Candidates should also check out the registration process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus.
|Registration for GMAT 2019||All Throughout the year|
|GMAT 2019 exam date and time||Chosen at the time of registration by the candidate|
|GMAT 2019 result||Displayed right after the exam|
Check out the exam pattern below to get a clear idea of how to prepare for GMAT.
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Number of Sections||4|
|Number of Attempts||5 per year, 8 in total|
|Subjects||Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Analytical Writing Assessment and Verbal Reasoning|
GMAT 2019 Exam Syllabus:
Check out the table below to get an idea of GMAT syllabus:
|SUBJECT||TIME (IN MINS)||NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||SYLLABUS||RANGE OF SCORE|
|Analytical Writing Section||30||1||Analysis based on an argument||0-6 (0.5-point increment)|
|Integrated Reasoning||30||12||Table analysis, reasoning, graphics interpretation||1-8 (1-point increment)|
|Quantitative Reasoning||62||31||Data Sufficiency, Questions based on problem-solving||0-60 (1-point increment)|
|Verbal Reasoning||65||36||Comprehension Reading, Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning||0-60 (1-point increment)|
GMAT 2019 Preparation Tips:
We will give you some tips on how to get selected GMAT. Every person has their own way of studying but a little guidance can help them how to prepare the right way.
- First of all collect all the information about GMAT like eligibility to appear for the examination, exam format, syllabus and exam dates.
- Start by making a proper timetable. Try to allow time to every subject according to its weight.
- Go over the entire syllabus and note down all the topics. Collect the books and all reference material needed for preparation.
- After covering the entire syllabus once, make a new timetable and allow equal time for revision of all the subjects. Revision should be done in a smart way and keep separate notes of important concepts.
- After some practice revision will get easier and faster. Now collect all the previous year question papers and start solving them daily.
- Solve at least one previous year question paper every day. Solve these papers like you would solve the actual exam; within the given time frame. Through this practice, candidates will get an idea of how much time should be given to a particular type of question.
- Keep the time limit in mind and don’t get stuck on a particular question. Skip the questions you find more time-consuming and return to those questions once you are done with the rest of the paper. This is the correct method of attempting the question paper to complete it on time and score good marks.
- Finally, solve some fresh mock test papers and do the last revision.
- Do not study anything one day before the exam. Relax your mind and stay motivated.