GITAM GAT PGT 2019 or Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management GAT PG Test 2019 is for candidates willing to take admissions in M.Tech courses to the Gandhi University in any of its three campuses situtated in Bangaluru, Hyderabad and Vishakhapatnam. It is a national level examination and it will be conducted online. The exam will be conducted in 48 centres around the country, depending upon the number of candidates in each centre.
GITAM GAT PGT Registration:
Candidates willing to appear for the GITAM GAT PG entrance test will have to register themselves through the official website – https://www.gitam.edu/gat, using email id and phone number. Login details such as id and password will be sent to the registered email id and mobil number.
GITAM GAT PGT Application Form Details:
After registering himself/herself, the candidate will have to login to their account using the id and password which has been sent to their registered email and mobile number. Candidate will have to go to apply now and fill in the details such as name, date of birth, address, name of parents, academic details (including GATE scores if applicable), city for examination center and then upload self attested copies of recent passport size photograph and signature along with valid academic documents. After previewing the form, candidate will have to pay the application fee which is Rs. 1000 for male candidates (of all categories) and Rs. 600 for female candidates ( of all categories). Payment is to be done through net banking/debit/credit card. In case of offline fee payment, candidate will have to draw a DD payable at Vishakhapatnam in favour of GITAM University. Application requests can also be made offline, by post from the university or through certain bank branches (Union Bank of India, Karur Vysya Bank of India, Indian Bank). For candidates sending the form along with necessary documents by post, they will have to do so to the below mentioned address –
Director – Admissions,
GITAM (Deemed to be University), Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam – 530045 Andhra Pradesh, India.
Candidates are requested to download a copy of the application form for future references.
GITAM GAT PGT Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to appear for the GITAM GAT PGT 2019, certain rules and regulations are to be kept in mind. They are as follows –
- The application fee is Rs. 1000 for boys of all categories and Rs. 600 for girls of all categories.
- Candidates who have valid GATE scores for the year 2019 need not appear for the test. However, they will have to apply for application before the last date.
- Candidates willing to pay the fees offline can do so in any of the three mentioned banks only – Indian Bank, Union Bank, Karur Vysya Bank.
- Candidate has to take his or her allotted seat atleast 15 minutes before the exam commences.
- For personal identification any one of the following documents needs to be produced – Passport, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Pan Card, School or College ID Card or Aadhar Card, at the examination center.
GITAM GAT PGT Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the GITAM GAT PGT 2019 examination must meet the below mentioned eligibility criteria –
- Tech – Candidates willing to apply for M.Tech must possess an AMIE/B.E/B.Tech degree with a minimum score of 60% from a recognised university.
- Arch – Candidates willing to study M.Arch must possess a B.Arch degree with a minimum score of 50% or equivalent grade from a recognised university. (Candidates who have applied through GATE need not apply for the GAT (PGTA) but must apply for admission and counselling accordingly).
- M.Pharm – Candidates willing to study M.Pharm must possess a B.Pharm degree with a minimum score of 60% or equivalent grade. (For candidates who have applied through GATE the process will be the same as for M.Arch candidates).
GITAM GAT PGT Exam Dates:
The following dates are to be kept in mind for candidates willing to appear for the GITAM GAT PGT 2019.
(P.S. – The dates and time frame given below are tentative and subject to change.)
- Application forms will be available (both online and offline) from the 21st November 2018 to 25th March 2019.
- Admit card will be available for download from 05th April 2019.
- The GAT PGT 2019 exam will be conducted 11th April 2019 to 26th April 2019.
- Results will be declared on 30th April 2019.
GITAM GAT PGT Exam Pattern:
Candidates who will be appearing for the GITAM GAT PGT 2019 examination must be aware of the exam pattern as can be expected. The pattern will be as is given below –
- The test will be for 2 hours.
- It will be held online and it will be in English only.
- Questions will be objective in nature and MCQs. Options will be provided from which candidate have to select the correct answer.
- The paper will have 100 questions worth 400 marks.
- The paper will be divided into – Quantitative Aptitude (40 questions, 160 marks), Reasoning (30 questions, 120 marks) and Verbal Ability (30 questions, 120 marks).
- Each question carries 4 marks and for every correct answer +4 will be awarded and -1 will be deducted for every wrong answer.
GITAM GAT PGT Syllabus:
The GITAM GAT PGT 2019 examination syllabus is as follows –
- Elementary Algebra
- Graphs (data interpretation)
- Data Interpretation
- Ratio and Proportion
- Decimal and Fractions
- HCF and LCM
- Sequence and Series
- Time and Distance
- Work and Time
- Profit and Loss
- Problems on Ages
- Cylinder and Cone
- Relations and Functions
- Seating Arrangement
- Matching Puzzles
- Venn Diagrams
- Number, Alphabet and Letter Series
- Blood Relations
- Logical Connectives
- Sentence completion
- Reading comprehension
- Critical Reasoning
- Word groups
GITAM GAT PGT Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the GITAM GAT PGT 2019 examination must keep the following tips in mind, so that they may remain confident of cracking the exam –
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthy and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.