GITAM GAT 2019 is a computer-based online undergraduate and post-graduate examination which is conducted by the GITAM (Gandhi Institute of Technology and Management) for applicants willing to study technology and pharmacy in any of their three campuses situated in Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Visakhapatnam. The courses on offer are B.Arch, B.Tech, B.Pharm, M.Tech, M.Arch, and M.Pharm. A single exam is held for all three campuses. It is a university level examination.
GITAM GAT 2019 Registration:
For GITAM GAT, candidates will have to fill up the admission form directly and the form fill-up will start from November 2018-tentatively.
GITAM GAT Application Form Details:-
The GITAM GAT application form will be released from the third week of November 2018. The last date for filling up the application form is the third week of March 2019. The application form will be available on the official website – https://www.gitam.edu/gat.
For the application form the following documents are to be kept ready at hand:
- Recent passport size color photograph (which should not be more than 3 months old, must be in jpg. format only, the size of the photograph should be greater than 4 kb and less than 50 kb, dimension should be 4 cm x 4 cm.
- Birth certificate and class 10 and class 12 mark sheets and certificates.
- Category details.
- Credit/Debit card for online application fee payment.
During application form fill-up, applicants need to enter the following details:
- Name of Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email id
- Name of Parent/Guardian
- Address for correspondence
- Phone Number with STD code (optional)
- Test Centre Preference
- Test Code
- Name of College Studying in/Last Studied In
- PCM/PCB Group (select any one)
After entering the above-mentioned details, candidates need to verify the same and then submit it. After submission, a unique application number will be generated for GITAM GAT 2019 which has to be noted down, for future reference and future logins.
Candidates need to upload their photograph in the application form (having the above-mentioned specifications). Changes in the application form can be made till the time application fee is not paid. Once the fee is paid, no changes in the application form can be made.
The application fee for the GITAM GAT 2019 examination is Rs. 1000 for all candidates irrespective of their category and Rs. 600 for all female candidates. Payment can be done online through credit/debit card and net banking as well as offline through drawing a demand draft in favor of GITAM (deemed to be university), payable at Visakhapatnam.
Candidates who are paying the application fee offline via DD need to send a copy of the filled-up application form to the below mentioned address, on or before the last date of payment.
Director – Admissions,
GITAM (Deemed to be University), Gandhi Nagar Campus, Rushikonda,
Visakhapatnam – 530045 Andhra Pradesh, India.
Candidates have requested to download a copy of the filled-up application form for any future reference.
GITAM GAT 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Certain rules and regulations of the GITAM GAT 2019 which candidates need to keep in mind when preparing for the examination and filling up the application form are :
- The application fee is Rs. 1000 for boys of all categories and Rs. 600 for girls of all categories.
- The photograph details have to be exactly as mentioned above.
- Once an application fee has been submitted and fees have been paid, no changes in the form can be made. Before filling up of fees changes can be made.
- Candidates have to register themselves at the registration counter of the examination center. The e-hall ticket will be used to identify each candidate and it will be done by the proctor of the exam hall. For personal identification any one of the following documents needs to be produced – Passport, Driving License, Voter ID Card, Pan Card, School or College ID Card or Aadhar Card.
- The candidate has to take his or her allotted seat at least 15 minutes before the exam commences.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the exam hall till the examination is completed. Once a candidate leaves the hall, he or she will not be allowed to enter again.
- Candidates will not be allowed to carry anything inside the examination hall except the e-hall ticket.
GITAM GAT 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
For candidates willing to apply for the GITAM GAT 2019 examination for the courses they offer, the eligibility criteria are given below :
Candidates willing to apply for B.Tech must have scored a minimum of 60% in their +2 examinations and must have passed their 10+2 from a state board or an equivalent recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology as individual subjects.
Candidates willing to apply for B.Arch must have qualified for the NATA or JEE Main examination and should have obtained a minimum score of 50% from a state board or an equivalent recognized board in their 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as individual subjects.
Candidates willing to apply for B.Pharm must have a minimum score of 50% in their +2 examinations and should have passed the subjects Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry in their +2 from a state board or an equivalent recognized board.
B.Tech in Biotechnology
Candidates willing to apply for a B.Tech in Biotechnology should have passed their 10+2 examinations with a minimum score of 60%, should have had the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics in +2 and should have passed them with a first class or equivalent grade from a state board or an equivalent recognized board.
Candidates willing to apply for M.Tech must possess an AMIE/B.E/B.Tech degree with a minimum score of 60% from a recognized university.
Candidates willing to study M.Arch must possess a B.Arch degree with a minimum score of 50% or equivalent grade from a recognized university. (Candidates who have applied through GATE need not apply for the GAT (PGTA) but must apply for admission and counseling accordingly).
Candidates willing to study M.Pharm must possess a B.Pharm degree with a minimum score of 50% or equivalent grade. (For candidates who have applied through GATE the process will be the same as for M.Arch candidates).
GITAM GAT 2019 Exam Dates:
For candidates willing to apply for the GITAM GAT, the following dates are of importance and need to be kept in mind :
(P.S. – These are tentative dates, subject to change.)
- Availability of application form will be from November 2018.
- The last date for the submission of application form is March 2019.
- The start date for slot booking is from April 2019.
- The release of hall tickets is from April 2019 onwards.
- Date of entrance examination is on April 2019.
- The announcement of results will be in May 2019.
- Counseling will start after the date of declaration of result, in all probability from May 2019 itself.
GITAM GAT Exam Pattern:
The common aspects of the GITAM GAT 2019 examination for all courses are :
- The duration of the exam will be 2 hours.
- All questions will be MCQ. There will be options given from which the correct option has to be selected by the candidate.
- The paper will be objective in nature.
- The marking scheme will be +4 for every correct answer and -1 for every wrong answer. No marks will be deducted for unanswered questions.
Specific exam pattern course wise are given below :
B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Pharm
100 questions will be asked, each of 4 marks – making the paper worth 400 marks. There will be 40 questions from Mathematics/Biology (having 160 marks), 30 in Physics and 30 from Chemistry (each have 120 marks).
M.Tech and M.Arch
There will be 100 questions asked, each carrying 4 marks – making the paper worth 400 marks. Quantitative Reasoning will have 40 questions (of 160 marks), Reasoning and Verbal Ability will each have 30 questions (having 120 marks each).
There will be 100 questions, each of 4 marks – making the paper worth 400 marks. There will 25 questions on Pharmaceutics (having 100 marks), 25 questions on Pharmaceutical Analysis and Quantity Assurance (having 100 marks), 25 questions on Pharmacology (having 100 marks) and 25 questions on Pharmaceutical Chemistry (having 100 marks).
GITAM GAT Syllabus:
For the GITAM GAT undergraduate examination, questions will all be intermediate (class 12 syllabus). Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics – all from class 11 and 12 syllabus. For the GITAM GAT post-graduate courses, questions will be according to the exam pattern topics. The official syllabus for the undergraduate course will be available on the official website – https://www.gitam.edu/gat.
For the post-graduate examination the following topics need to be covered (subject wise) :
- Quantitative Aptitude – Data Interpretation, HCF and LCM, Mensuration – cone, Sphere, Cylinder, Sequence and Series, Problems on Ages, Numerical Reasoning, Work and Time, Ratio and Proportion, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Time and Distance.
- Reasoning – Blood Relations, Arithmetical Reasoning, Coding-Decoding, Number Series, Inserting the Missing Character, Cubes, and Dice, Alphabet Series, Clocks and Calenders, Logical Sequence of Words.
- Verbal Ability – Adverb, Synonyms, Antonyms, Critical Reasoning, Verbs, Vocabulary, Comprehension, Grammar, Articles, Idioms, and Phrases.
GITAM GAT Preparation Tips:
In order to prepare well for the GITAM GAT 2019 examination certain tips and tricks are necessary to be kept in mind. They are as follows :
- Preparing questions and answers section-wise. Covering all the given topics for the examination.
- Familiarising yourself with the test paper pattern so that you’re aware of what to expect.
- Studying from good books helps prepare better for the exam.
- Try starting to prepare for the examination at least 2-3 months before the exam.
- Keep yourself fit and healthy during preparation. Don’t panic or get stressed during preparation as that may hamper your ability to do well in the exam.
How to crack GITAM GAT?
In order to crack the GITAM GAT 2019 examination, reading the following books is necessary.
- Arch/NATA/JEE (Main) Offline Drawing Test by Nimish Madan
- Wiley’s B.Arch Entrance Examination JEE Main Paper 2 and NATA Solved Papers and Practice Tests by Wiley Editorial
- Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy) Entrance Exam Guide: Entrance Examination (Popular Master Guide) by RPH Editorial Board
- A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch Entrance Examination Latest Edition 2018 by P.K. Mishra
Going through these books and following the above-mentioned tips and tricks will surely help the candidate take a step towards cracking the GITAM GAT 2019