GEEE 2019 (Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination) is conducted by the Galgotias University, Greater Noida. The Galgotias University is devoted towards excellence in teaching, research, innovation and to develop future leaders. This University is a state private university established in Uttar Pradesh.
The Galgotias University demeanor the Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination once a year in divergent cities throughout the nation in order to provide Admission to variegated B.tech and integrated dual degree (B.Tech + MBA programme).
The Galgotias University offers the following programmes:-
- tech in computer science and engineering with a specialization in cloud computing & virtualization in association with IBM.
- tech in computer science and engineering with specialization in open source software & open standards in association with IBM.
- tech in computer science and engineering in Business analytics in association with IBM.
- Tech in computer science and engineering with a specialization in Telecom informatics in association with IBM.
- tech in computer science and engineering with specialization in mainframe Technology in association with IBM.
B.tech + M.tech Programmes offered at Galgotias University-
- Integrated B.tech + M.tech in computer science and engineering.
- Integrated B.tech + M.tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Integrated B.tech + M.tech in Civil Engineering
- Integrated B.tech + M.tech in Electronics. & Communication engineering
- Integrated B.tech + M.tech in Electrical Engineering
- Integrated B.tech + M.tech in Chemical Engineering
B.tech programmes offered at Galgotias University-
- B.tech/B.tech (Hons) – Computer Science Engineering
- B.tech/B.tech (Hons) – Civil Engineering
- B.tech/B.tech (Hons) – Mechanical Engineering
- B.tech/B.tech (Hons) – Automobile Engineering
- B.tech/B.tech (Hons) – Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.tech/B.tech (Hons) – Electronics & Communication Engineering
- B.tech/B.tech (Hons) – Electrical Engineering
- B.tech/B.tech (Hons) – Chemical Engineering
- B.tech + MBA (5 years integrated dual degree programme)
Galgotias University will be conducting the GEEE 2019 for the Admission to various Engineering programmes so the candidates who are interested must check the programmes and eligibility criteria properly before applying. The forms are expected to be available from 3rd week of December 2018.
Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination Scholarship:
The students securing top ranks will also be awarded scholarships based on their merits and performance. Detailed information is given below –
|GEEE 1-10 rank holders||75% tuition fee waiver|
|GEEE 11-20 rank holders||50% tuition fee waiver|
|GEEE 21-30 rank holders||25% tuition fee waiver|
Application form details
The Galgotias University will be releasing the online application forms at the official website, where the direct link will be provided to the students. The applicants are required to fill the application form via online mode only.
Here, the steps are mentioned as to how the applicants have to fill the application form –
- Visit the official website of Galgotias University i.e.,geee.in
- Click on the ‘apply now’ button and their candidates will be directed to a page showcasing the instructions for filling the application form.
- Read the instructions prescribed carefully. The next final page is the form where candidates have to fill all the asked details.
- Fill in the personal, educational, contact, permanent address details.
- If the candidates have appeared for any other Entrance exam previously, that too needs to be filled in along with the test center details.
- Next is to upload a passport size color photograph & scanned signature.
- Finally, enter the security pin, click on the ‘I agree’ button and proceed towards payment.
- After paying the application fee successfully, the candidates become eligible for appearing in the Examination.
- The candidates need to take a printout of the registration slip generated by the system.
- Candidates must download the call letter directly from the university’s official website by filling in their DOB and application number sent through SMS/email.
- The documents that need to be submitted are – original mark sheets and migration certificate to the University office for verification at the time of counseling.
The original documents will be returned after verification.
Application fee – An amount of Rs.1100 has to be paid as application fees by Candidates at the time of submission of the application form. The amount can be paid via Debit card/credit card/Net banking.
GEEE 2019 Rules & Regulations:
The aspirants need to follow certainly do’s and don’ts while appearing for Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination 2019. Those are prescribed as under –
- Admit card will not be sent by post/email, the candidates have to download it.
- All the aspirants must reach the Examination center 30 minutes prior to the examination.
- Candidates have to sit in their pre-allotted Seats and maintain discipline during as well as after the Examination.
- Make sure the attendance sheet is signed by the appearing candidates in the invigilator’s presence.
- No written material or any electronic gadgets like mobile phones, calculators, cameras or any other music devices will be allowed inside the Examination hall.
- No one can leave the Examination hall until the completion of the exam time.
- Only water bottles will be allowed to be taken inside the Examination hall by the candidates.
- Any violation of the rules will lead to the cancellation of a candidate’s Admission and he/she will be disqualified.
GEEE 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates those who will be satisfying all the eligibility criteria for the courses offered by the Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination 2019 will only be considered appropriate for the admission.
To be eligible for GEEE 2019, the eligibility criteria are as follows-
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from a recognized board.
- Candidates who are appearing for the 12th final exam as on March 2018, are also eligible to apply for the GEEE 2019.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
GEEE 2019 Exam Pattern:
- The Examination is decided to be held in online/offline mode(pen and paper based)
- The time duration of the examination will be 1 hour 30 minutes (90 minutes)
- The question paper will have an objective approach – MCQs
- The Examination language will be in English
- Marking scheme – +1 for every correct answer, No negative marking for any wrong answer
- The question paper will be based on the 10+2 level of the state board or CBSE Syllabus only.
- Distribution of questions and marks
|Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
GEEE 2019 Exam Dates:
Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination has announced the tentative schedule of the upcoming examination to be held in 2019. All the candidates who are appearing for the examination must understand the important dates provided. So, following is the complete schedule for Candidates –
|Important events||Tentative Dates|
|Online application form release||3rd week of December 2018|
|Last date of application form||the 4th week of May 2019|
|The issue of Admit cards||1st week of June 2019|
|GEEE 2019 examination||3rd week of June 2019|
|The announcement of results||the 4th week of June,2019|
GEEE 2019 Syllabus:
Galotias Engineering Entrance Examination has prescribed the syllabus of 2019 Examination for all the candidates appearing in the entrance exam. Candidates must go through the GEEE 2019 syllabus attentively and know all the topics that needs to be covered and studied. The syllabus will be entirely based on 11th & 12th standard.
Syllabus for Physics-
- Physics and measurement
- Laws of motion
- Work, energy and power
- Motion of system of particles and Rigid body
- Properties of bulk matter
- Oscillation and waves
- Current electricity
- Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
- Electromagnetic induction and alternating current
- Electromagnetic waves
- Dual nature of matter & radiation
- Electronic devices
Syllabus for Chemistry-
- Chemical arithmetic & atomic structure
- Chemical equilibrium
- Chemical kinetics
- Chemical thermodynamics
- Redox reactions & electrochemistry
- Solid state & states of matter
- Surface chemistry
- Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
- Chemical bonding and molecular structure
- Chemistry of representative elements
- Nomenclature and basic concepts in the organic chemistry
- Organic chemistry based on functional group-I
- Organic chemistry based on function group-II
- Molecules of life
- Co-ordination chemistry and organometallics
Syllabus for Mathematics-
- Relations and functions
- Complex numbers
- Linear Inequation
- Linear programming
- Sequence and series
- Permutations and combination
- Trignometric and inverse trigonometric functions
- Matrices and determinants
- Continuity and differentiation
- Integration and differential equations
- Straight lines and conic sections
- Statistics and probability
- Three dimensional geometry
How to prepare for GEEE 2019?
In order to crack GEEE 2019, the candidates should keep in mind few important tips and tricks. Every Entrance exam needs a proper planning and strategy, without a schedule it becomes difficult for students to score good . Firstly, Candidates needs to make a detailed note of all the topics included in the Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination 2019 and should prepare every topic thoroughly. Knowing the syllabus will help students prepare efficiently.
- The students should give in their most 8-10 hours of self-study every day.
- Make a schedule of the topics to be covered in a particular time and study accordingly.
- Strictly follow the daily routine.
- Avoid procrastination, Try to stay focused and motivated.
- Keep oneself updated about every pros and cons of the examination, though there is no negative marking which is ofcourse a plus point but still the students should be very careful while answering.
- Also, students can watch YouTube videos on preparation if it’s being difficult for them to understand books and notes.
- Time management is the key to these state level exams, they should be well known about investing their time.
- Practice as many questions as you can to get the perfect grip over the particular subject/topyic.
- Lastly, analyze your performance regularly.
Following are few helpful books that needs to be followed by the candidates in order to secure good rank –
- Concept of Physics 2 – H.C Verma
- Objective Chemistry for Engineering Entrances – Vol 1 – R.K Gupta
- Mathematics for Class 12(set of 2 volume)(2018 – 19 session) – R.D Sharma
Galgotias Engineering Entrance Examination Previous Year cut-off:
The GEEE cutoff 2019 is the minimum marks stipulated by the board for the candidates selection procedure. The cutoff for the 2018-2019 session will be based on various criterions such as a number of appearing candidates, the total number of seats available, difficulty level of the examination and last year’s admission record and the cutoff marks will only be announced to the qualified candidates of GEEE 2019 examination. These cutoff marks are not announced for specified branches or colleges.
As there is yet no traces of previous years cutoff marks, here is the expected ones for the present year –
|General||15 – 17||15 – 17||15 – 17|
|OBC||12 – 15||12 – 15||12 – 15|
|SC||2 – 10||2 – 10||2 – 10|
|ST||6 – 8||6 – 8||6 – 8|