GCET 2019 or the Goa Common Entrance Test 2019 will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. This exam will be conducted to offer applicants seats in various engineering and other courses. It is a state level examination. Seats in the MBBS course will be offered through NEET scores and to B.Arch courses through NATA scores. This exam is for candidates willing to get admission to various state institutes in Goa.
GCET 2019 Registration:
Candidates willing to apply for the GCET 2019 examination need to register themselves through the official website – http://dte.goa.gov.in.
Candidate will have to download the application form, fill it up manually and send it along with the necessary documents to the designed address as will be given below.
GCET 2019 Application Form Details:
Candidates who have already downloaded the application form will have to carefully fill up the same. Details such as personal information (name, date of birth, nationality etc), educational qualification (scores in class 10 and 12 board exam), the category of the candidate will have to be written down. After that, the candidate will have to attach a recent passport size photo on the form where it is mentioned – (the picture cannot be more than 3 months old). Remember to enclose two extra photos along with the application form for future reference. Add postal code and postal address and telephone number. Remember to circle the course and subject you are applying for along with exam center.
After filling up of these details, add the bank details such as DD number, date and bank name – where mentioned. Finally, candidate and their guardian must sign where it is mentioned. The application fee is Rs. 1800 for all candidates.
Along with the application form, candidates will have to send the following documents as well – a copy of SSCE passing certificate, copy of class 12 board exam passing certificate, DD for application fees and other necessary documents as will be needed. The documents along with the application form need to be sent to the following places, depending on the candidate’s exam center location :
Ravindra Bhavan, Margao (For South Goa District GCET Exam Centres, including Ponda)
Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim (For North Goa District GCET Exam Centres)
GCET 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to apply for the GCET 2019 examination need to keep in mind the following rules and regulations.
- One seat in every institution which accepts GCET scores will be reserved for Kashmiri Migrants, in the degree course of engineering in whichever stream he or she wishes to study.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall 30 minutes after the exam has started and no candidate will be allowed to leave the exam hall during the total duration of the exam unless all answer scripts have been collected by invigilators.
- Since the answer scripts will be ORS based and ORS answer scripts are checked electronically, with extreme scrutiny and care, there will be no provision for revaluation.
- It is suggested that candidates submit their application forms along with other documents in person to the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa and other notified locations and remember to collect the acknowledgment card along registration number as proof of submission.
- Applications received after the last date will be rejected. The exam committee will not be responsible for applications getting lost in transit or postal delay.
- Eligible candidates willing to take admission must be present in person during the admissions round at the Admissions Centre at the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim, Goa bringing with them all original documents, acknowledgment card, and fees.
GCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
For candidates willing to apply for the GCET 2019 examination, they must meet the following criteria.
- Indian nationals are eligible to apply for the GCET 2019 exam.
- NRIs holding a valid Indian passport are also eligible to apply.
- OCI and PIO cardholders are also eligible to apply.
- There is no age limit for candidates willing to apply for the GCET 2019 examination.
- Candidate must have passed class 12 board exams from HSSCE (Goa Board) or from a board of relevance such as CBSE, ISC, IB or any other state board deemed to be at par with the HSSCE.
- Minimum marks required for candidates willing to apply for the B.E courses, in the qualifying examination is 45% for general candidates and 40% for SC/ST candidates.
- The minimum marks will be calculated as an aggregate mark of Physics and Mathematics and any one subject from those such as Chemistry/Biotechnology/Computer Science/Biology.
GCET 2019 Exam Dates:
For candidates willing to apply for the GCET 2019 examination, keeping in mind the following dates is of utmost importance.
(P.S. – These are tentative dates, subject to change.)
- Application forms will be released from the last week of March 2019.
- The last date for submitting applications at the application center and collection of admit cards will be in 1st week of April 2019.
- The last date for submitting applications at the application center and collection of admit cards (along with late fee payment) will be in the 4th week of April 2019.
- Exam dates for each individual subject will be as follows – 7th May (Physics and Chemistry) and 8th May (Mathematics).
- Results will be published in the 1st week of June 2019.
- Counseling will start in June 2019.
GCET 2019 Exam Pattern:
Candidates willing to appear for the GCET 2019 examination must keep in mind the exam pattern for the exam, as is given below.
- There will be a total of 3 papers – Physics, Chemistry, Biology (tentatively) and Mathematics.
- Each paper will be for 2 hours. Thus the total duration of the exam will be 6 hours.
- Questions will be subjective in nature and MCQs. Options will be given from which the candidate will have to choose the correct answer.
- The marking scheme will be +1 for every correct answer. There will be no negative marking.
- The examination will be conducted offline. It will be a pen and paper based examination.
- Each subject will have 75 questions of 1 mark each making each subject worth 75 marks.
GCET 2019 Syllabus:
For candidates willing to appear for the GCET 2019 examination, knowing the syllabus is important. The syllabus will be of the intermediate level (class 11 and 12). Given below is a break up of the syllabus, subject wise.
Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems.
Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, d and f – Block elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life.
Relations and Functions, Algebra, Calculus, Vector, and 3D Geometry, Linear Programming, Probability, Limits, Matrices and Determinants, Integration.
GCET 2019 Preparation Tips:
For candidates willing to appear for the GCET 2019 examination, certain tips and tricks are necessary to make the whole process a little easy and manageable.
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books which cover all the subject topics in detail.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.