The Government of Goa will be conducting the GATET or Goa Teacher Eligibility Test for candidates willing to apply for the job of a teacher in any of the primary (classes I to V) and upper primary (classes VI to VIII) and higher (classes IX and X) schools in the state of Goa. The notification regarding the same is released by the Government of Goa, School and Mass Education Department, through their official web portal.
How to fill GATET 2019 application form?
Candidates willing to fill-up the application form need to do so through the official website – www.education.goa.gov.in.
Candidates will have to first register themselves using a valid email id and phone number. After successful registration, the candidate will receive login credentials in their email id. Using those credentials, candidates will have to log in to the site and start filling out their application form. Personal information, academic qualification, and other necessary data will have to enter. Candidates will also have to upload a scanned copy of recent passport size photograph and their signature.
After completing the application process, candidates will have to pay the application fee which is Rs. 1500 for general, OBC, PWD, SC and ST candidates. Female candidates will have to pay Rs. 750. Payment can be done online as well as offline. After everything is done, candidates will get a confirmation page which they will have to take a printout of and send to the District Education Officer.
GATET 2019 Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to appear for the GATET 2019, need to keep in mind the below-mentioned rules and regulations-
- There is no restriction to the number of attempts a candidate wishes to make in acquiring a Goa TET Certificate.
- As per the NCTE, the Goa TET scores are valid for a time span of seven years with respect to all categories.
- Qualifying for the TET examination does not guarantee recruitment or employment to a candidate as it is one of the eligibility criteria that will be necessary. Other requirements will be put forth by the schools and concerned authorities.
- TET examination is compulsory for all candidates with a B.Ed degree in order to be eligible for employment.
GATET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the GATET examination need to meet the eligibility criteria as is given below
- Lower Primary Teacher (class I to V) – Senior Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent degree with a minimum score of 50% OR passed in or appearing in a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education OR a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education OR a 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) degree OR a 2-year diploma in Education (Special Education).
- Upper Primary Teacher (class VI to VIII) – Graduation degree with a minimum score of 50% and passed in or appearing in a 2-year diploma in Elementary Education OR a Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) OR a 4-year Bachelor degree in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) OR a 4-year degree in B.A/B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed/1-year B.Ed in Special Education.
(P.S. – Only diplomas or degrees which are recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) will be accepted.)
GATET 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the GATET examination need to keep in mind the below-mentioned dates –
(P.S. – The dates or time frame given below are tentative and subject to change.)
- Application forms will be available online from December 2018.
- The last date for applying for application forms online will be in January 2019.
- Admit cards will be released in February 2019.
- GATET examination will be held in February 2019.
GATET 2019 Exam Pattern:
Candidates willing to appear for the GATET examination must keep in mind the test pattern as is given below
- Questions will all be MCQ in nature. There will be four options provided by which the candidate will have to select the correct one.
- There will be no negative marking. For every correct answer, a candidate will be awarded +1.
- Paper I is for candidates willing to become teachers for classes I to V.
- Paper II is for candidates willing to become teachers for classes VI to VIII.
- Candidates willing to become teachers in any class from I to VIII will have to appear for both the papers.
- Duration will be one and half hours for each paper.
- There will be a total of 150 questions.
- Paper I – Child Development and Pedagogy (30 marks – 30 questions), Language I (30 marks – 30 questions), Language II (30 questions – 30 marks), Mathematics (30 questions – 30 marks) and Environmental Studies (30 questions – 30 marks).
- Paper II – Child Development and Pedagogy (30 marks – 30 questions), Language I and Language II (60 questions – 60 marks), Mathematics and Science – for candidates willing to become a mathematics or science teacher (60 marks – 60 questions), Social Studies – for candidates willing to become a social studies teacher (60 questions – 60 marks). For candidates willing to become a teacher of any other subject, they will have to choose either the mathematics and science questions or just the social studies questions.
GATET 2019 Exam Center:
The GATET examination centers are usually released prior to form fill-up so it is suggested that candidates check the same through the official website.
GATET 2019 Admit Card:
Candidates will have to download their admit cards through the official website some days before the examination. Candidates will have to carry the admit card along with some ID proof to the examination center else they will be debarred from entering the exam hall and appearing for the same.
GATET 2019 Syllabus:
The GATET examination syllabus, topic-wise will be as follows
- Child development and Pedagogy will focus on educational psychology.
- The language I and II will focus on language proficiency, elements of language, communication and comprehension skills.
- Mathematics and Environmental Studies will focus on concepts and problem-solving ability.
GATET 2019 Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the GATET examination need to keep in mind the following preparation tips
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
Important Books for GATET 2019 Preparation:
There are no specific books which may particularly help but then going through books which cover all the examination topics might help a candidate prepare better for the exam.
How to check GATET score?
To check results candidates will have to enter their login credentials on the official website and check the same. Along with GATET scores, cut-offs and other necessary information will also be released.
GATET Previous Year’s Cut-Off:
The cut-off for GATET is usually 60% for general category candidates with a relief of 5% for reserved category candidates.