Gaming Courses About
Gaming is the act of playing games, such as – Legalized gambling, playing games of chance for money, often referred to in law as “gaming” Playing a role-playing game, in which players assume fictional roles. Playing a tabletop game, any game played on a flat surface.
A gamer is a person who plays interactive games, especially video games, tabletop role-playing games, and skill-based card games, and who plays for usually long periods of time.
In recent years, there is tremendous growth seen in India’s video gaming industry, thereby now it has turned into a serious profession.
Candidates can also pursue Career in Gaming after completing their B.Tech in computer science engineering as a Game developer. Candidates who are good in programming language also have good opportunities in the gaming industry.
Classification of Gaming:
Gaming is a vast field, it consists of various types which are listed below:
- Personal Computer Game
- Handheld Game
- Arcade Game
- Console Game
- Mobile Game
- Online Game.
Certificate & Diploma Courses:
- Certificate course in Game Art & Design
- Diploma in Production Gaming
- Diploma in Animation, Gaming and Special Effect
- Diploma in Game Development
- Diploma in Game Programming
- Certificate in Gaming
- Advance Diploma in Game Programming
- Diploma in Game Design
- Diploma in Game Design and Integration
- Advanced Diploma in Game Art & 3D Game Content Creation
- Advance Diploma in Game Design and Development Application
- Sc. in Gaming
- Bachelors in Media Animation & Design (BMAD)
- Sc. Animation & Gaming
- Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech) – Computer Science and Game Development
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Animation & Computer Graphics
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Graphics, Animation & Gaming
Master’s Courses :
- Integrated M.Sc. in Multimedia & Animation with Game Art & Design
- Sc. in Gaming
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Game Design and Development
- Master of Science (M.Sc) in Multimedia and Animation
The Gaming Course duration varies according to its level of study the candidate is pursuing. As there is three level for Gaming Course, the student’s interest in the course defines its duration.
The Duration for the variegated level of education in Gaming is as under :
- Diploma in Gaming Course – 1 year
It includes all the different types of diploma courses under Gaming.
- Bachelor’s degree in Gaming – 3 years
It is just as another degree course which requires a study of three years.
- Master’s degree in Gaming – 2 years.
All the master degree courses under Gaming is completed in 2 years of study.
For admission in Gaming courses, firstly candidates have to fulfill the basic eligibility criteria prescribed by the institution or college where they are seeking for admission. Some colleges offer admission to students on the basis of merit list of qualifying exam.
Various colleges even give admission on the basis of entrance examination followed by group discussion and personal interviews.
An eligible candidate can follow the process given below for admission.
– Fill in the Application form
– Evaluation of forms / Entrance exam / GD and PI
– Admission to course
Admission process for Gaming Courses generally varies across colleges.
Some best colleges to pursue courses in this field are:
- Bharti Vidyapeeth University, Pune
- Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics (MAAC), Mumbai
- Arena Animations, New Delhi
- Zee Institute of Creative Arts, Bangalore
- iPixio Animation College, Bangalore
- Animaster Academy – College for excellence in Animation, Bangalore
- Academy of Animation and Gaming, Noida
- The minimum eligibility required for most of these courses is 10+2 or its equivalent.
- Some colleges prefer a minimum 60% marks criteria for providing admissions in diploma courses.
- For becoming a Game programmer, one should have a B.E/ B.Tech degree in computer engineering.
- For admission in postgraduate courses, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in the related discipline or branch.
Colleges which take a creative aptitude test for admission to the particular course, evaluate the student on the following topics:
- Character Design
- General Knowledge
- Drawing Life Situation
- Storytelling through Sketching
- Information Technology
- Skill of Visualization
- English non- verbal and Verbal Reasoning
- Lateral / Creative Thinking
Jobs & Career Opportunities
The magnification of Indian games industry has provided several job opportunities to the skilled professionals. There are many top game designing companies in India, which recruits professionals for game designing.
As there are bundles of opportunities candidates can opt for their career in various genres of gaming such as video gaming, console gaming, wireless gaming, PC gaming, and multiplayer gaming. Gaming courses make them more marketable to employers as they need candidates with a good knowledge of current gaming technologies.
Job Profiles under Gaming Courses :
- Game Designer
- Character Animator
- Art Designer
- Script Writer
- Game Tester
- Level Designer
- Game Quality Assurance Tester
- Gameplay Programmer
- Level Scripter
- Art Designer
- Interactive Media Designer