The National Board of Examination conducts this test every year for the Indian students who have completed their medical graduation from any foreign university. This test is conducted every year two times, in June and in December for the foreign medical graduates. It is implemented since 2002. It is mandatory for all foreign medical graduates to clear this test in order to practice in India. Aspirants qualifying FMGE will be getting permanent or provisional registration with either State Medical Council (SMC) or Medical Council of India (MCI).
- The candidates applying to FMGE 2018 must be either Bonafide or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- The candidates should obtain the necessary primary medical qualification and must obtain their MBBS degree before the ascertained period for a particular session. The MBBS degree of the FMGs must be awarded by institutions included in the World Directory of Medical Schools as listed by World Health Organization (WHO) or an institution duly attested by the India embassy concerned for the candidates to be recognized as medical practitioners in India.
- All the FMGs will be required to provide documents in support of the primary medical education from the foreign medical institution concerned.
- Candidates with a postgraduate medical degree obtained in the countries of Canada, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand and the United States of America need not appear in FMGE 2018 as they can directly register with MCI/SMC.
FMGE 2019 Registration and Application Process:
The FMGE application form 2019 will be released by NBE. Separate FMGE 2019 application forms for the different sessions in June and December will be released by the conducting authority. The application form of FMGE 2019 will be released in the online mode only. Candidates can check the procedure to fill in the FMGE 2019 application form mentioned below.
- Candidates need to click on the registration link of FMGE 2018 that will be made available by NBE in order to register for the exam.
- In the next step, all the necessary details pertaining to the application form of FMGE 2018 will have to be filled out by the candidates.
All the information provided in the FMGE 2018 application form must be correct, so candidates must thoroughly check the details before clicking on the ‘Submit’ button.
- The fee for application form of FMGE 2018 is to be paid in the next step via Credit or Debit Card or NET Banking only.
- The candidates will have to check the confirmation box in order to ensure successful submission of FMGE 2018 application form. Candidates successfully completing the application process of FMGE 2018 will receive a confirmation letter sent by NBE on their registered email IDs.
|General||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 5500|
|OBC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 5500|
|SC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 5500|
|ST||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 5500|
|General||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 5500|
|OBC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 5500|
|SC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 5500|
|ST||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 5500|
FMGE 2019 Exam Pattern:
|Medium of Examination||English|
|Number of Papers||2|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice|
|Number of Questions||300 (150 per paper)|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours and 30 minutes per paper|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: + 1 mark, Incorrect Answer: No negative marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
FMGE 2019 Syllabus:
|Pre and Para Clinical Subjects||Distribution of Marks|
|Clinical Subjects||Distribution of Marks|
|Medicine & Allied Subjects|
|(iii) Dermatology & STD||5|
|General Surgery & Allied Subjects|
|(i) General Surgery||32|
|Obstetrics & Gynaecology||30|
FMGE 2019 Admit Card:
Candidates registering for FMGE will be issued the FMGE admit card 2018 by the NBE. The link to download FMGE 2018 admit card will be available on the official website of NBE. Candidates can download the admit card of FMGE 2018 by entering their login credentials – Candidates ID and Password. Candidates also need to paste a recent passport-sized photograph of the required specification on the FMGE 2018 admit card after downloading it. It is mandatory that candidates carry the admit card of FMGE 2018 and a valid photo identity proof along with them to the exam center.
To download the admit card, follow the following steps: –
- Step 1: Click on the link given below to download FMGE 2018 admit card for the December session.
- Step 2: Enter login credentials, including Candidate ID and Password, provided at the time of FMGE 2018 registration. Also, enter the ‘captcha code’ displayed there.
- Step 3: Download FMGE admit card 2018 displayed on the portal and also take a printout of it. After downloading FMGE admit card, candidates should affix their latest passport size photograph in the space provided on the admit card of FMGE 2018.
As mentioned, candidates will be required to stick their latest passport size photograph on the printout of the FMGE 2018 Admit Card. The specifications of the photograph required to be attached to the admit card of FMGE 2018 are as follows:-
- The photograph should be of a minimum 35 x 45 mm size with at least 75% coverage of the face and head of the candidate.
- A caption indicating the name of the candidate and date of taking photograph should be present at the bottom of the photo.
- The photograph should be taken in front of a white/very light colored background.
- It should display the full-front view of the face. Please look directly into the camera with a neutral expression.
- Reflection or shadow on the face with red eyes should be avoidable.
- The paper on which is photograph is printed should be of high-quality with at least 600 dpi resolutions.
- The colors must possess the natural appearance and skin tone.
- Kinks, scratches, and stains should be present in the photographs
Documents to be Carried:
The candidates are required to bring the following documents to the FMGE test center on the examination day –
- A printed copy of Admit card with photo pasted on it.
- Anyone of the below-authorized photo IDs which are original and valid:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Driving license.
- Aadhaar Card (with photograph).
The name of the candidates on FMGE admit card 2018 must match with the name as shown on their photo ID. If the name has been changed due to events such as marriage, the candidates are required to show either their marriage certificate, divorce decree or legal name change document at the exam center.
NBE will organize FMGE mock test 2018 for aspirants willing to appear in the examination. The Foreign Medical Graduates (FMGs) who will fill up the application form will be able to take up FMGE 2018 mock test. Aspirants taking up the mock test of FMGE 2018 will be able to get acquainted with the test layout, and how to navigate the online examination. FMGE 2018 mock test will be released two to three weeks prior to the actual examination for each session. Candidates will be required to enter their login ID and password in order to be able to participate in the FMGE mock test 2018. The mock test of FMGE 2018 will comprise a tutorial section and a section with sample questions. The sample test papers in FMGE 2018 mock test are, however, not indicative of the actual difficulty level of the questions to be asked in the examination. It is important that candidates take up the FMGE mock test 2018 before the actual exam in order to familiarize themselves with various aspects crucial to the entrance examination.
FMGE 2019 Exam Centres:
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
How to check FMGE result
- To check the result of FMGE 2018 for December session, candidates need to click on the link given below.
- Candidates will be able to check the PDF document which will reflect the result of FMGE December 2018 session.
- Candidates are advised to download and take a printout of the copy of their FMGE Result 2018.
NBE is expected to release the schedule of distribution of pass certificate of FMGE 2018 with the declaration of FMGE result 2018. The certificates will be issued for about one month after the declaration of the result of FMGE 2018 (tentatively). Candidates will be required to go to the below-mentioned address to collect their pass certificate of FMGE 2018. Candidates must note that the FMGE 2018 pass certificate will be issued In-Person to the candidates. Candidates will be required to carry following documents while going for the collection of FMGE pass certificate 2018.
- Admit Card of FMGE 2018 (with the latest photograph affixed on it).
- Original Passport (except those who have obtained the primary medical qualification from Nepal).
- Original MBBS Certificate
- Original Eligibility Certificate issued by MCI
- Original and Valid Voter ID card or PAN Card or Driving License or Aadhar Card
The minimum qualifying marks that the candidates appearing in FMGE are required to obtain will be the FMGE cutoff 2018. Candidates failing to meet the FMGE 2018 cutoff will be rendered disqualified and will not be able to register with the State Medical Council or Medical Council of India. The total score of FMGE is 300 (two papers of 150 marks each). NBE has set the cutoff of FMGE 2018 at 50%, ie a candidate will be required to obtain at least 150 out of 300 marks (in the two papers combined) so as to qualify the exam.
Qualifying Marks Trend