West Bengal Polytechnic 2019
West Bengal Polytechnic exam will be organized by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. It is held to offer admission to the various diploma courses in engineering/technology/architecture. These diploma courses are offered by the polytechnic colleges/institution located in West Bengal. This exam is a state level polytechnic exam. These programs will be available at various colleges and institutions of the West Bengal state.
Following is the list of diploma courses offered by the West Bengal Polytechnic :
- Mechanical Engineering,
- Electrical Engineering,
- Civil Engineering,
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engg
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engg
- Computer Science & Technology
- Automobile Engineering
- Printing Technology
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- Mine Surveying
- Modern Office Practice & Management
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Software Technology
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Food Processing Technology
Application form of JEXPO 2019 will be available in both offline and online modes and open around last week of January 2019. JEXPO aspirants must ensure they meet prescribed eligibility criteria before filling the application form and submit it before the last date – or else applications will not be entertained. The result of JEXPO 2019 will be declared tentatively in 3 rd week of May in the form of merit list. Based on the rank obtained by the candidate, first online counseling will be held followed by a special offline round.
Admission to the First Year of Diploma in Engineering & Technology through JEXPO-2019 and Lateral Entry in Second Year of Diploma in Engineering & Technology through VOCLET-2019.
Application form filling procedure
Candidates may obtain OMR Application Forms & Information Brochure from all Government Sponsored, Government, and Self-financed polytechnics having an affiliation with the WBSCT&VE&SD or Government ITI s including PTP run Government and Private ITIs located across West Bengal state and one center located in Tripura or can obtain the online application form from its official website.
Candidates can get details about the application form, including mode, date & other details:
- The application form will be available in online or offline mode from the last week of January 2019.
- Candidates will get the OMR application form along with information brochure from the polytechnics Institutions till the first week of March 2019.
- The JEXPO online application form 2019 link will be provided here whenever it will be announced.
- The last date to fill online application will be the third week of March 2019.
- Candidates, those who fill OMR application form, they have to submit the application to any of the polytechnics of WB.
- Candidates should secure the print copy of the filled application for future use.
Filling of JEXPO application form – Offline mode
If candidates want to submit offline (OMR-based) application form, they have to first purchase it along with the information booklet from listed Polytechnics and ITIs on cash payment of Rs. 500 (Rs. 250 in case of valid Kanyashree candidates). The candidate has to then duly fill the form, attach photograph and put in the signatures – both of the candidate and the parent, and submit it before the last date.
Application fee details
Mode of application. General candidates Kanyashree candidates
OMR application. Rs. 500. Rs. 250
Online application. Rs. 450. Rs. 225
The West Bengal State Council of Technology Education decides the eligibility criteria and release along with other details in information brochure.
- The Candidate applying must be a citizen of India.
- Also, the candidate must have passed class 10th or an examination equivalent, with English, Physical Science/Science and Mathematics from any government recognized board.
- Most importantly the candidates should have scored a minimum 35% aggregate in the qualifying exam without any additional subjects.
- Also, there is no upper age limit, but the age of the candidate should not be after 1st July 2002.
- Moreover, the appearing students can apply again.
Examination Dates (tentative)
The important information related to the important events and tentative dates is listed below for applicants to refer:
|Application Form Release||Last week of January 2019|
|Form Submission||Last Date 3rd week of March 201|
|Last date to submit OMR Application||1st week of March 2019|
|Admit Card Availability||1st week of April 2019|
|JEXPO Exam Date||Last week of April 2019|
|Result/Merit List||3rd week of May 2019|
|Counseling Starts||1st week of June 2019|
The exam pattern details are given here:
- Papers: The examination will be held in two papers, i.e. Mathematics (Paper 1) and Physics & Chemistry (Paper 2).
- Mode: The examination will be organized through offline mode.
- Duration: The exam duration will be two hours for each paper.
- Number of Questions: In the examination, total 200 multiple choice type questions will be asked.
- Total Marks: The examination will be of 200 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, one mark will be given to the candidates.
|Papers||Subjects||Number of questions|
West Bengal Polytechnic 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can download the West Bengal Polytechnic 2019 Admit Card via online mode only from the official website. Candidates can download the admit card by entering their application form number on the specified column on the official website. The Admit card will be made available in the first week of April 2019 tentatively and authorities will not send any admit card through offline mode to any aspirant.
Details such as exam date, time and venue will be available on the admit card. It will be mandatory for every candidate to carry one photo identity proof in original along with the admit card at the examination venue.
West Bengal Polytechnic 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus will be provided by the exam conducting authority for all courses. JEXPO is a Joint Entrance Examination for Polytechnic courses. JEXPO is administered by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education.
The questions will be asked from the last qualifying exam by the candidate. JEXPO Syllabus 2019 will be comprised of the subjects those have been studied by the candidates in the 10th or equivalent examination.
Mathematics Syllabus :
- Real Numbers
- Laws of Indices
- Co-ordinate Geometry – Distance Formula
- Linear Simultaneous Equations
- Transversal & Mid-Point Theorem
- Profit & Loss
- Theorems on Area
- Construction of a Parallelogram whose measurement of one angle is given an equal in the area of a Triangle
- Construction of a Triangle equal in the area of a quadrilateral, Properties of Parallelogram
- Co-ordinate Geometry – Internal and External Division of Straight Line Segment
- Area & Perimeter of Triangle & Quadrilateral shaped the region
- Circumference of Circle
- Co-ordinate Geometry – Area of Triangular Region
- Theorems on concurrence
- Area of circular region
- Quadratic Equations with one variable
- Simple Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Compound Interest and Uniform Rate of Increase or Decrease
- Theorems related to circle
- Rectangular Parallelopiped or Cuboids
- Theorems related to Angles in a Circle
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Quadratic Surd
- Partnership Business
- Theorems related to Tangent to a Circle
- Right Circular Cone
- Similarity-Construction of the tangent to a circle
- Theorems related to Cyclic Quadrilateral
- Construction of circumcircle and incircle of a triangle
- Real life Problems related to different Solid Objects
- Trigonometry- Concept of Measurement of Angle
- Construction – Determination of Mean Proportional
- Trigonometric Ratios of Complementary angle
- Application of Trigonometric Ratios – Heights & Distances
- Statistics –Mean, Median, Ogive, Mode and Numerical Aptitude
- Pythagoras Theorem
- Trigonometric Ratios and Trigonometric Identities.
Physics science Syllabus :
- Force & Motion
- Acids, Bases & Salts
- Atomic Structure
- Mole Concept
- Work, Power & Energy
- Matter – Structure, and Properties
- Separation of Components of Mixtures
- Concerns about our Environment
- Behavior of Gases
- Ionic and Covalent Bonding
- Chemical Calculations
- Thermal Phenomena
- Current Electricity
- Periodic Table
- The periodicity of the Properties of Elements
- Electricity and Chemical Reactions
- Atomic Nucleus
- Organic Chemistry
- General Awareness
- Inorganic Chemistry in the Laboratory and in Industry.
West Bengal Polytechnic 2019 Preparation Tips
Firstly, Candidates needs to make a detailed note of all the topics included in the West Bengal Polytechnic 2019 and should prepare every topic thoroughly. Knowing the syllabus will help students prepare efficiently
Here are a few helpful tips for the students to prepare for the Examination –
- Download previous years question papers and sample papers for the exam preparation.
- Always make a study schedule and follow it regularly.
- All formulae, concepts, equations and key points should be on the student’s fingertips.
- Candidates should also try to recapitulate all the topics frequently.
- Regular discussions on relatable topics with friends are very helpful.
- Candidates should not ignore the topics in which they are weak if they have ample time for preparation. In case of less time, they can do the vice-versa.
- Candidates should focus more on notes instead of textbooks as they are more effective.
- If they face any problem/issue he/she should clear it out with their guide in order to secure good rank.
- Always be healthy.
How to check the results?
The JEXPO examination will be organized in May 2019 via online mode. After a few weeks of examination, WB Polytechnic result 2019 will be announced by the exam conducting authority.
Aspirants can check their results from June 2019. The result will be published through online mode on the website. The authority will not send any email or post regarding JEXPO 2019 Result to any individual candidates. Candidates should take a print copy of it for further proceedings. Candidates can view it by entering their “Enrollment Number” or “Name”. Candidates will be called for the counseling process, on the basis of merit list.
The authority will not provide any facility for post-publication scrutiny or review and inspection. Candidates, those get zero marks either in “Physics” or “Mathematics” & “Chemistry” or did not give any of the two papers will not be listed in the merit list. JEXPO merit list 2019 will be prepared on the basis of marks secured in the examination.
Candidates must follow the simple steps to check your JEXPO Result 2019:
- Visit the official website. (Link is provided above)
- Click on that link.
- A new page will be opened on the computer screen.
- Now, fill your “Enrollment Number”.
- Then, click on the submit button.
- The result will be displayed on the screen.
- Check it & download for the further process rounds.