TS Polycet is a state level entrance examination which is organized by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, Telangana, Hyderabad. Telangana State Polytechnic Common Entrance Test is a gateway to get admission in Diploma of Engineering/Non-Engineering and Technical courses. Candidates can get admission into government and private polytechnic colleges of Telangana state on qualifying the exam.
TS POLYCET Registration and Application Form:
Step-1: Visit the Official Website
- Visit the official website link.
- Click on the “File Application” button.
- Fill your 10th(SSC) hall ticket number, date of birth and year of passing.
- Now, click on the “Show Application”.
- In case of forgotten the password, click on ‘login; or ‘forget password’ button.
Step-2: Fill Personal Details
- Address Details: Fill the complete address details as House no., Village/Street, Mandal/Town/City, District, mobile number and pin code.
- Exam City: Fill the city as per your convenience in which you want to appear for the test.
- Name: Fill one letter in each box and leave a gap in your name and surname. Fill name as per your school records.
- Father’s Name: Fill your father’s name as mentioned on your school certificates.
- DOB: Fill date of birth in DD MM YYYY format (Date/Month/Year).
- Reservation category: Fill your caste/category if you belong to the reserve category.
- Sign the declaration as per your physical fitness.
Step-3: Upload Photo & Signature
- Click on ‘browse; button and choose the file and click on ‘upload’ button to upload images.
- Upload your photograph and signature also and do not staple or sign on them.
Step-4: Pay the Application Fee
- Submit the application form which is duly signed by parent/guardian to your nearest computer operator at the nearest AP online/Meeseva/Payment gateway/ Net Banking/Help Line Centre.
- Pay the application fee in cash.
Step-4: Get hall Ticket
- Fill all details and submit them.
- Press the confirm button to generate your hall ticket.
- Admit card will be generated after two or three days from the submission of the application form.
TS POLYCET Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates will be provided admissions on fulfilling the complete eligibility criteria prescribed by the exam conducting authority. Appearing in the test is not only the eligibility to get admission in the polytechnic colleges in TS state.
It is necessary to fulfill the all eligibility criteria in order to get admission. If a candidate will not fulfill the eligibility criteria then he/she will not be allowed appearing in the written entrance examination.
- Candidate should belong to the Indian national.
- Candidate’s age should be above than 15 years.
- There is no fix upper age to appear in the TS Polycet exam.
State Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates should belong to the Telangana state.
- Candidates must possess the domicile of TS.
- Candidates must have passed the SSC exam from Telangana state.
- The SSC (10th) exam must be conducted by the State Board of Secondary Education, Telangana/AP or any other recognized board.
- Candidates must have the subjects as Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates have to pass their exams in any of the boards like CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education)/ICSE (Indian Council for Secondary Education)/ NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling)/APOSS (AP Open School Society)/Others examinations recognized by US government.
- In the qualifying exam, candidates have to obtain a minimum of 35% marks.
- Candidates have to score the 35% in each subject.
- Those appearing in the 10th exam in March-April 2019 or those result are awaited or yet to be declared can also apply.
- Candidates those have a compartment in their SSC exam are also eligible to apply.
- The result of compartment should be declared before the taking admission in the allotted institution.
TS POLYCET Important Dates:
|Online application starts from||March 2019|
|Closing date to fill the online application form||April 2019|
|Date of entrance examination||April 2019 (11:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Publishing of result||April 2019|
|Publication of OMR answer sheet||The second week of May 2019|
|Commencement of the counseling procedure||Last week of May 2019|
TS POLYCET Exam Pattern:
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be organized through offline mode (pen & paper based).
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be two hours of only one paper.
- Subjects: The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
- Number of Questions: The question paper will be consisting of 120 questions.
- Type of Questions: The question will be multiple choice types with a choice of four responses to each question.
- Language: The question paper will be asked in English & Telugu
- Total Marks: The question paper will be of 120 marks.
- Marking Scheme: For the correct answer, one mark will be given to the candidates.
- Negative Marking: There is no negative marking for an incorrect response.
- Answering Mode: Candidates can mark their correct answer with HB/2B pencil Don’t use a ballpoint to mark answers under any circumstances.
|Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
TS POLYCET Syllabus:
The TS Polycet syllabus contains topics & chapters of given subjects such as Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. It is comprised of Class X (SSC examination) subjects. The syllabus has been prescribed by the Board of Secondary Education, Telangana State.
Rules and Regulations
- Don’t bring logarithmic tables, pagers, calculators, cell phone or any other supporting electronic gadgets in the examination hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to leave the examination hall till 12 Noon, i.e. one hour after the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates have to return the response sheet to the examiner before leaving exam hall.
- Candidates can only take the question paper booklet with them.
- Candidates have to mark the correct answer in the OMR response sheet by shading in dark the appropriate circle with HB/2B pencil only
TS POLYCET Admit Card:
The admit card can be downloaded after the submission of application form to the nearest helpline center. Candidates have to visit the helpline centers to get their admit card.
In case of any mistake or deficiencies in the admit card, candidates are advised to get revised hall ticket from the helpline center.
Candidates are not allowed to appear in the examination hall with invalid information in the hall ticket. Candidates are strictly advised to carefully fill the details and click on press button to generate the hall ticket.
Candidates can follow the steps to download the TS Polycet hall ticket:
- Go to the official website link.
- Click on ‘Print Hall Ticket’ tab.
- Fill the details like Tenth Exam Hall Ticket Number, DOB and Tenth Passing/Appearing Year.
- Click on ’view & print hall ticket’ and download it.
- The hall ticket will be generated in the system screen.
- Take the extra printouts and keep safe till the entrance exam and further admission process.
TS POLYCET Preparation Tips:
Revision is the mandatory step to crack any kind of exam. If you will not revise what you have studied daily, you will forget it another day.
So, keep revising your syllabus on a daily basis. Revision is the best way to remember your learned topics for a long period. Make short notes while revising, it will help you to gain good marks.
It is the first step which is to be followed by every candidate. If you know your syllabus it will help you to study only those topics which are included in your syllabus.
It will save your time to use it in useful topics. Study your syllabus thoroughly and makes your study notes accordingly.
Time management is the best way to study smarter. One can achieve his/her goals if he/she knows the time management importance.
Manage your time as per the syllabus and exam pattern. Give equal time to all subjects. Manage your time in such a way that you will cover all the topics of the syllabus.
You Must be careful about the marking schemes. Keep in mind that which question is of how may mark and is there any negative marking or not.
Make your observation skills effective because some of the questions will be based on observation skill and these types of questions are generally less time taking and will help you in scoring good marks.
As we know that most of the questions will be asked on the basic concepts. So, it is necessary to know the basics of your subjects.
Candidates should have command on their basics so that they can easily solve them. You have to understand the basic concepts and make the answers in your own way in the exam.
It is an ability to simplify, visualizing and solving both complex and easy problems by making decisions. Whatever is the question you can solve it if you have analytical skills. It is very important to have this skill for solving any trickiest question.
TS POLYCET Result:
TS Polycet 2019 result can be checked by entering the candidate’s roll number. It is necessary for the candidates to obtain a minimum of 36% marks out of 120 to participate in counseling. The marks obtained by the candidate will be considered for the preparation of the rank list. On the basis of rank, the admission will be offered in different polytechnic courses. The rank card will not be sent to the candidates individually by post. Candidates are advised to preserve their result till the admission procedure will over.
Candidates can download their result by following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website link (link will be given above).
- Open the link and you will be redirected to a new page.
- Enter your roll number.
- Click on the “View Rank Card” button.
- The result will appear on your screen.
- Check your result and download it.
- Take the extra printout of the result card for future references.
TS Polycet Rank Card 2019 is published along with the publishing of result. Candidates can view their ranks in the generated rank card. The authority allows the ranks as per the performance of the candidate in their written examination. As per the allotted ranks, candidates will be called for the counseling on different dates. Candidates have to attend the counseling according to the dates prescribed for their ranks on the website. Keep the rank card safe till counseling rounds.
TS POLYCET Counselling:
Admission to the Diploma courses will be provided on the basis of TS Polycet scorecard. Candidates will be called for the counseling as per their rank. The seat allotment procedure will be published by the exam conducting authority on the website. Candidates can download their allotment letter by entering the hall ticket number, password, date of birth and ICR form number.