TS LAWCET (Telangana State Law Common Entrance Test) 2019 will be conducted and managed by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). This is a state level entrance test and is conducted once a year. Through this examination, candidates can get admission to the 3-year as well as 5-year law courses. Through this examination, candidates cannot only seek admission to state law universities of Telangana but to other colleges which are affiliated to them.
How to fill TS LAWCET Application Form?
The TS LAWCET application form will be available online through their official website – www.lawcet.tsche.ac.in.
The candidate will have to register himself/herself by providing a verified email id and phone number where login details will be sent. After the registration process is completed, the candidate will have to use the login credentials to log in to the site and start filling out the application form.
Candidates will have to fill in the following details – personal details, academic details, course they wish to apply for, exam center preference and other necessary relevant documents as may be needed. The following documents will have to be uploaded – date of birth proof (SSC or equivalent certificate/birth certificate),10th and 12th standard mark sheets along with hall ticket numbers, residential status certificate, caste certificate (if applicable), income certificate of parents and certificate of special category (if applicable).
After this is completed, the application fee will have to be submitted. The fee is Rs. 800 for General Category candidates and Rs. 500 for SC/ST Category candidates.
Candidates can choose either debit/credit card mode of payment or select one of the TS online centers to pay.
If a candidate wishes to pay through one of the TS online centers then he/she will have to carry the following details – hall ticket number of the qualifying examination, name of candidate as well as candidate’s father’s name, candidate’s date of birth, hall ticket number of class 10’s examination and mobile number. On successful payment, the candidate will receive a receipt which will contain a transaction id. Using the transaction id the candidate will have to update their fee payment details in the official website. After this is completed, the candidate can continue to fill up the application form.
TS LAWCET Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to appear for the TS LAWCET 2019 examination must keep in mind certain rules and regulations as are given below
- Candidates will have to pay a counseling fee after which they will be eligible for choice filling and locking.
- Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of marks obtained as well as according to the availability of seats.
- TS LAWCET will issue an official answer key through the exam conducting body only.
- If there is a tie in the marks obtained by two or more candidates then part C of the question paper will get first preference as a tiebreaker. If the tie persists, then part B will be given the next preference. In case the tie isn’t resolved by then, the candidate who is the oldest among all the candidates in the tie will be given preference.
- Since the answer scripts will be checked with immense scrutiny and tabulation, the OU/TSCHE will not be accepting any requests for revolution or retotalling of marks.
- It is to be noted that marks scored in the TS LAWCET 2019 examination will be valid only for the 2019-2020 academic year.
TS LAWCET Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the TS LAWCET 2019 examination must meet the following eligibility criteria
- Candidates who are applying for the 3-year law degree programme must possess a graduation degree in any subject from a recognized university and with a minimum score of 45%.
- Maximum age of the candidate appearing for the 3-year law degree shouldn’t exceed 30 years as of December 31st, 2019 (a 5-year relaxation will be provided for SC/ST candidates).
- Candidates applying to the 5-year degree programme must have completed his/her two-year intermediate examination (10+2), with a minimum score of 45% (40% for SC/ST candidates) and from an institution which is equivalent to and is recognized by the Board of Intermediate Education, TS, or University concerned.
- Maximum age of the candidate appearing for the 5-year law degree programme, shouldn’t exceed 20 years as of December 31st, 2019 (1 2-year relaxation will be provided for SC/ST candidates).
TS LAWCET 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the TS LAWCET 2019 examination must keep the following dates in mind –
(P.S – The time frames are given below are tentative and subject to change.)
- The TS LAWCET 2019 examination notification will be available from the first week of March 2019.
- The TS LAWCET 2019 application form will be available from the second week of March 2019.
- The last date of registration minus late fee will be in the first week of April 2019.
- Last date of registration with a late fee of Rs. 250 will be in the second week of April 2019.
- Last date of registration with a late fee of Rs. 500 will be in the second week of May 2019.
- Last date of registration with a late fee of Rs. 1000 will be in the second week of May 2019.
- Last date of registration with a late fee of Ts. 1500 will be in the second week of May 2019.
- The TS LAWCET 2019 examination hall ticket will be available for download from the second week of May 2019.
- The TS LAWCET 2019 entrance examination will be conducted in the third week of May 2019.
- The provisional or preliminary answer key and response sheet will be available in the fourth week of May 2019.
- Final answer key will be released in June 2019.
- The TS LAWCET 2019 results will be published in the last week of June 2019.
- Online counseling session will commence from June 2019.
TS LAWCET Exam Pattern:
The examination pattern for the TS LAWCET 2019 examination will be as follows –
- There will be a total of 120 questions in the examination, which will be split into 3 parts.
- The examination will be conducted offline.
- The examination will be conducted in English and Telegu.
- The questions will be objective in nature – they will all be MCQs.
- Time given for the examination will be 1 hour and 30 minutes or 90 minutes.
- For every correct answer, the candidate will be provided +1 and there will be no negative marking.
- The question paper will be divided into the following parts – Part A – General Knowledge and Mental Ability (30 questions – 30 marks), Part B – Current Affairs (30 questions – 30 marks) and Part C – Aptitude for the Study of Law (60 questions – 60 marks).
TS LAWCET Exam Centers:
The TS LAWCET 2019 examination will be conducted in the following exam centers –
Adilabad, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Warangal, Mahabubnagar, Siddipet, Manchierial, Kothagudem, Sangareddy.
TS LAWCET Admit Card:
The TS LAWCET hall ticket/admit card will be available for download online through the official website. It will contain information such as name, roll number, exam center as well as exam venue, candidate’s address and the like. It will be mandatory to produce the admit card in the exam center else the candidate will not be allowed to sit for the examination. The candidate must keep the admit card/hall ticket till the time of counseling, for future references.
TS LAWCET Syllabus:
The TS LAWCET 2019 examination syllabus for the 5-year course will include a question from the intermediate level (10+2) and the questions for the 3-year course will be set on topics related to general knowledge, mental ability, current affair as well as the aptitude for the study of law.
Topic wise distribution of syllabus is given below –
- Mental Ability – Patterns, Syllogisms, Logical Sequences, Analogies, Completing Arguments, Drawing Well Supported Conclusions, Reasoning by Analogy, Applying Principles or Rules, Structure of Relationships, Logical Conclusions in Context of Structures, Deductive Reasoning from a set of Statements.
- General Knowledge – General and Social Sciences with stress on Indian History, Geographical Knowledge of India, Indian Heritage and Culture, Basics of Indian Economy, Indian Polity.
- Current Affairs – National and International Events, Major Developments in Sports/ World Politics/ Economy, Eminent Personalities, Awards, and Honours.
- Aptitude for Study of Law – Study of Law, Legal Awareness Covering Constitutional Law, and Polity, Research Aptitude, Problem Solving Ability. (Questions will be covering grounds of the legal proposition and set of facts provided to which the said proposition will have to be applied. Candidates will have to give answers drawing well-supported conclusions.)
TS LAWCET Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the TS LAWCET 2019 examination must keep in mind the following preparation tips –
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
Important Books for TS LAWCET Preparation:
Certain books, which might help the candidate prepare well for the TS LAWCET 2019 examination, are –
- Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning for CLAT and LLB Entrance Examination – A.P. Bharadwaj
- Constitution of India – P.M. Bakshi
- Model Test Papers for CLAT and LLB – A.P. Bharadwaj
- The Pearson Guide to the LLB Entrance Exam – Thorpe
- A Complete Self Study Guide for LLB Entrance Exam – Arihant Experts
How to Check TS LAWCET Result?
The TS LAWCET 2019 examination result will be published online on their official website. Candidates will have to provide their name and roll number in order to check their results.
TS LAWCET Previous Year’s Cut-Off:
There is no specific cut-off for the TS LAWCET. Individual colleges, as well as institutes, have separate cut-offs of their own, which the candidate must qualify for. It is suggested that the candidate goes through the specific cut-off required by the institute he/she wishes to apply for through this examination.
Similar Law Exams: