About Sikkim Polytechnic Colleges:
The Department of Technical Education (DTET) of Sikkim provides education at Technical Institutes for a degree, diploma, and ITI courses. There are two polytechnic colleges in Sikkim:
- Advanced Technical Training Centre, Sikkim
- Centre for Computers and Communication Technology, Nandugaon
Apart from the above two polytechnic colleges, there are two more colleges that provide diploma courses in Sikkim:
- Himalayan Pharmacy Institute, Majitar
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Rangpo
Advanced Technical Training Centre, Sikkim: The institute is one of the premier institutes located in Sikkim. It was established by the government of Sikkim and has been approved by AICTE. The center allows three years diploma course in five different courses:
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Tool and Die Engineering
- Manufacturing Technology
Centre for Computers and Communication Technology, Nandugaon: The institute was established under Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Sikkim, and is an AICTE approved college. The college diploma course in four different specializations:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Science and Engineering
Registration and Admission Process of Sikkim Polytechnic:
The interested candidates can check the websites http://www.ccct.skmpoly.edu.in/ and http://attc.skmpoly.edu.in/ for admission related details of CCCT, Sikkim, and ATTC, Sikkim respectively. The admission booklet will be tentatively available from 1st May 2019. The last date to submit the application form will be 20th June 2019.
For Admission in ATTC, Sikkim:
All the applicants can register themselves on the website www.sikkimservice.in. Candidates shall have to pay a registration fee of Rs. 150/- through a demand draft. The demand draft should be paid in favor of Director, Technical Education, HRDD.
Applicants are required to personally submit the application form along with attested photocopies of following documents:
- Sikkim Subject Certificate
- Class 10th Passing Certificate
- Valid Community Certificate
- Recent BPL Certificate
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Valid Demand Draft
Address where form has to be submitted:
NH-10, Advanced Technical Training Centre, Bardang, PO Singtam, East Sikkim.
For Admission in CCCT, Sikkim:
The interested candidates may fill the application form through online mode as well as offline mode. For online mode, candidates can visit the website www.admission.skmpoly.edu.in. For offline mode, candidates can visit the admission center at Gangtok. Students shall have to pay an additional amount of Rs. 10,000/- or Rs. 5000/- depending upon the category of the candidate through online mode.
Eligibility Criteria for Sikkim Polytechnic Admission:
- The candidate should have passed the 10th examination or Senior Secondary Examination obtaining 35% marks at the qualifying examination.
- Candidate must have appeared as well as passed in Mathematics, Science (Physical Science) and English as a medium.
- For lateral entry, the candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Science stream.
The candidate must have passed 10th examination plus two years ITI from a recognized board.
Selection Process of Sikkim Polytechnic Colleges:
The institutes shortlist eligible candidates on the basis of marks obtained in the 10th examination or any other equivalent examination. After shortlisting, candidates will be called for counseling. After verification of all documents, a provisional allotment letter will be given to the candidates.
Declaration of Merit List:
The merit list of eligible candidates will be tentatively declared on 26th June 2019. The counseling round will be done on 2nd July and 3rd July.