Post Graduate Institute of Medical, Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh is an Institute of National Importance which offers undergraduate and postgraduate medical training in various fields. The Institute was established in 1962 under the erstwhile state of Punjab. It was declared as an Institute of National Importance by an Act of Parliament. It has educational, medical research, and training facilities for its students. It has been ranked 2nd in the category of medical institutes in latest NIRF rankings in India.
The focus of research has been on tackling diseases like diarrhea, tuberculosis, malaria, amoebiasis, systemic vasculitis, relapsing polychondritis, HIV, leprosy, hepatitis, anaemia, leukaemia, hypertension, atherosclerosis, thalassemia, dental caries, stone disease, cancer, and sexually transmitted diseases.
Admission to postdoctoral and postgraduate courses conducted at PGIMER is made twice a year. The sessions commence from first January and first July. The admission to the courses is made on merit on the all-India basis by holding an entrance examination by the institute, after issuing a countrywide admission notice.
Following are the courses offered by the Institute:
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) – Medical laboratory technology
- Post Basic Bachelor of Science (P.B.B.Sc) – Nursing
- Doctorate of Medicine (M.D)
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
- Master of Chirurgiae (M.Ch)
- Master of Dental Surgery (MDS)
- Master of Hospital Administration (MHA)
- Master of Public health (MPH)
- Master of Surgery (M.S)
- Post MD Certificate Course.
PGIMER Application Form Details:
All the applicants who want to apply to any of the courses offered by the university can do so by applying for the course online and paying the fees in the offline mode. Following is the procedure for doing the same:
- Visit the official website.
- Click on the online application form available on the PGI website.
- Fill all the details correctly.
Please keep the following details ready with you before filling up your online application.
- Personal demographic details including Date of Birth and Nationality
- Mobile Number
- Personal Email ID
- Reservation Category Details
- Soft Copies of scanned Photograph, Signatures and certificates.
- Take a print out of the form and make the payment of the fees through a challan form (Triplicate) in any branch of SBI.
Candidates are required to submit the following with application or at time of admission. Please keep them ready before you submit the application:
- Internship certificate
- Category (SC/ST/OBC/RA) Certificate ( If applicable)
- Sponsorship Certificate (If applicable)
- No Objection certificate (If applicable)
Application fee details
|Category||MD/MS, House job||DM/M.Ch||MAHA,MPH & M.Sc Nursing|
The fee for the application form of PGIMER 2019 can be paid in either of the following ways:
SBI Bank Challan:
The bank challan in triplicate will be generated after the above step and needs to be printed out by the candidates for fee payment. Tha Challan should be duly filled up by the candidates and will be generated in the name of Director, PGIMER, Chandigarh (Examination) in Power Jyoti Account number as mentioned. The fee via bank challan can be submitted through any branches of the State Bank of India (SBI).
SBI I Collect Service:
For candidates with bank accounts with SBI, the fee for PGIMER 2019 application form can also be paid through SBI i collect service in the account number provided.
PGIMER Rules and Regulations:
Basic rules to be followed by the candidates in order to appear for the PGIMER Examination 2019.
- It’s mandatory for all the candidates to carry the hall ticket to the examination centre with their recent passport size photograph pasted on it.
- The candidates will not be considered eligible to sit for the examination if they fail to bring their photo ID proof and application fee deposit proof at the time of examination.
- Any type of electronic gadgets like mobile phone and calculators are not allowed inside the examination hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any printed or hand written material inside the examination hall.
- There should not be any kind of communication between the applicants inside the examination hall.
- Any candidate found violating the above mentioned guidelines will be disqualified. In addition, appropriate legal actions may be taken against the guilty candidate.
PGIMER Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates applying for PGIMER 2019 must ensure that they fulfill the PGMER 2019 eligibility criteria so as to appear in the same. The eligibility criteria of PGIMER 2019 is according to the terms laid by Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education And Research (PGIMER) Chandigarh.
General Criteria for all candidates:
- Educational Requirement : Candidates seeking admission to MD/MS through PGIMER 2019 courses must complete their MBBS degree from a Medical Council of India recognized University/Institute.
- Internship Requirement : All candidates along with completion of their MBBS degree will be required to complete a rotatory one-year internship by December 31, 2018, for the January session and by June 30, 2019, for the July session.
- Registration : Candidates must possess a permanent/provisional registration certificate from the Medical Council of India according to the PGIMER eligibility criteria 2019.
Criteria for Different Nationalities:
- Citizens of India : Candidates who are Indian citizens are eligible to apply for PGIMER 2019. They, however, are required to present a proof of their nationality which includes any valid photo-identity card (Voter ID/Aadhaar Card/Passport).
- Overseas Citizen of India : Candidates applying under this category will be required to furnish the proof of their registration at the time of counselling, as Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) under Section 7A of the 1955 Citizenship Act.
- Foreign Nationals : Candidates who are foreign nationals and seeking admission through PGIMER 2019 are required to process their applications through Ministry of Health and Welfare, Government of India, New Delhi after obtaining prior permission from MCI. The advance copy of all such applications needs to be submitted before the last date to PGIMER Chandigarh.
PGIMER 2019 Exam Dates:
|Events||Examination Date||Result declaration||Counselling|
|MD/MS Entrance Examination||25th November||26th November||14th December – 25th January|
|DM/M.Ch/MHA Entrance Examination||16th December||17th December||20th December|
|M.Sc/M.Sc MLT Entrance Examination||2nd December||3rd December||5th December|
|MDS/House Job Entrance Examination||9th December||10th December||11th December|
|M.Sc Nursing/MPH/Fellowship||Yet to be announced||_||_|
PGIMER Exam Pattern:
|Mode||Offline – Pen and paper based|
|Total number of questions||250|
|Type of questions||Objective type – MCQs|
|Language of examination||English|
|Examination duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|Marking scheme||Correct answer + marks|
|Wrong answer – negative marking|
|No marks for unattempted questions.|
PGIMER Admit Card:
PGIMER Admit Card 2019 and Roll numbers will be issued to only those candidates whose application is found complete in all respects. All the candidates are required to bring their Admit card of PGIMER 2019 Exam while appearing for the examination. No candidate will be allowed to take the examination without producing the PGIMER 2019 Admit Card.
The admit card for PGIMER 2019 will be available in the online mode. Steps to download the admit card
Candidates will have to visit the PGIMER website www.pgimer.edu.in
They will now have to click on the apply online option then they will be redirected to the application portal.
Now, the candidates will have to click on the “Continue Login” option.
Candidates then have to enter login id, password and security code and click on the submit button.
Once, the candidates have logged in they will be able to either download their or print their Admit Card.
PGIMER Exam Syllabus:
The syllabus will be based on the following subjects:
- Applied Anatomy
- Applied Biochemistry
- Immunogenetics and Molecular Biology
- Applied Physiology
- Forensic Medicine
- Social and Preventive Medicine
- Internal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- General Surgery
PGIMER Preparation Tips:
Firstly, Candidates needs to make a detailed note of all the topics included in the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research 2019 and should prepare every topic thoroughly. Knowing the syllabus will help students prepare efficiently.
Here are some tips that would be helpful for the students to score better –
- Download previous years question papers and sample papers for the exam preparation.
- Candidates should solve the last 5 to 10 years question papers of the PGIMER examination with proper explanation.
- Focus on important concepts & try to revise them regularly.
- Keep discussing important topics & tough concepts/facts with your teachers & seniors.
- For studies, given your 6 to 8 hours per day in each subject & section.
- Candidates also solve sample papers to score good marks in the examination.
- Candidates should focus more on notes instead of textbooks as they are more effective.
- Maintain your health also.
How to check PGIMER results?
Results of PGIMER 2019 can be checked online. Students can check PGI Chandigarh 2019 Results for various courses and attend counselling for seat allotment. Admission in PGIMER are being offered for January 2019 session. The institute has conducted entrance exams for postgraduate medical programs. On the basis of marks obtained, candidates are awarded marks and corresponding percentile and rank are calculated.
Steps to check the result:
- Candidates need to click on the link given above to check the PGIMER 2019 result.
- After clicking on the link, candidates will be redirected to the page where they will be asked to enter their PGIMER 2019 Roll No., and Date of Birth.
- Candidates will be able to view their PGIMER scorecard which will carry details like their name, roll no., percentile score, and qualifying status.