OSSTET (Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test) is conducted by the board of Secondary Education (BSE) Odisha. This examination is conducted to select candidates for appointing teachers for Classes I to VIII in government, private aided and private unaided schools of Odisha.
However, clearing the OTET examination does not provide an assurance of employment as a teacher in a Secondary School. It is just the eligibility criteria for appointment of the appropriate Candidates.BSE Odisha conducts OSSTET once every year and the board accepts only an online application for the same.
The participant’s selection process will be done based on the performance of the OSSTET Entrance Exam conducted by the Odisha State Government. Candidates will be shortlisted by marks scored in the Entrance Exam and will also have to go for Final Round Personal Interview for final selection.
The weight of OSSTET scores in the recruitment process may be decided by the Government from time to time while prescribing the eligibility conditions for recruitment every year.
OSSTET 2019 Registration:
First of all, candidates need to register themselves on the official website of OSSTET 2019 as “New Registration”.
Thereafter, candidates need to enter details such as name, password, mobile number, and email ID and click on the “Submit” button.
On providing the above details the OTP will be sent to the candidate’s email. Now with help of OTP candidates are able to verify the account. After verifying the registration process completes and now they can apply for the online application form.
OSSTET 2019 Application Form Details:
The application form can be availed in online mode. Students should visit the official website of the OSTET and apply for the 2019 application form.
1. After successful registration, candidates need to log in to their accounts using their registered email ID and password. After successful account login, candidates need to enter a verification code that they will receive on their registered email ID and click on the “Verify” button and the candidates will be redirected to application payment page.
Candidates can pay OTET 2019 application fee in online (SBI debit card/ SBI net banking) or offline (SBI Challan) mode as per their convenience.
Application Fee Details:
|Category||OTET Application Fee|
|General/ OBC/ SEBC||Rs 500|
|SC/ ST||Rs 300|
Note: On the application payment page a registration number will be displayed that candidates need to note for future reference.
2. Once application fee is successfully paid candidates need to wait for about 12 hours before they can start filling the form. Details to be filled in OTET 2019 application form include:
- This section includes filling details such as name, date of birth, caste, parents’ names, etc. This section also requires candidates to upload their photograph (file size should be up to 50 kb) and signature (file size should be up to 20 kb). Also, it is must for candidates to enter their DU reference number that they will get from SBI at the time of application fee payment.
The candidates must note that the scanned copies of the following documents must be uploaded along with OSSTET 2019 online application form: –
- Passport Size Photograph
- Caste Certificate (Only Reserved Categories)
- PH Certificate (if applicable)
- Class 10 Certificate/ Class 12 Certificate
- UG/ B.Ed Certificate
- Next, candidates need to select their training status, paper opted for the exam, and language offered for MIL (Modern Indian Language) subject.
- Here, candidates need to fill their school and graduation education details such as the name of board/ university, marks scored, division/ grade, etc.
- This section requires candidates to enter their complete permanent and correspondence address.
- On the declaration page, entire data entered by the candidate will be displayed where the aspirants need to cross-check the information entered by them thoroughly and click on the “Yes Final Submit” button if the data is correct. In case any entered information is incorrect, candidates can go back to previous sections and edit. However, after the final submission of the form, no information can be edited.
3. After the final submission of the form, candidates’ OTET 2019 application process will be complete and they will be eligible to sit for the examination.
OSSTET 2019 Exam Dates:
The Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test has announced the tentative schedule of the upcoming examination to be held in 2019. All the candidates who are appearing for the examination must understand the important dates provided. So, following is the complete schedule for Candidates –
OSSTET 2019 Application Form available: 1st week of September 2019
Last Date for submission: 2nd week of September 2019
Last date to make payment: 2nd week of September 2019
Downloading of Admit Card: To be announced
Date of Exam: To be announced
OSSTET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates those who will be satisfying all the eligibility criteria for the courses offered by the Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test 2019 will only be considered appropriate for the admission.
OTET 2019 eligibility criteria for categories A and B are as mentioned below:
OTET Eligibility Criteria for Category-A (Paper-I)
Candidates fulfilling any one of the below-mentioned parameters meet OTET 2019 eligibility criteria for Category-A (Paper-I):
- Candidates should clear Class XII with at least 50% (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ SEBC/ PWD candidates) in aggregate marks. Also, candidates should possess a two-year diploma in Elementary Education (CT).
- Candidates must pass Class XII with at least 50% (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ SEBC/ PWD candidates) aggregate marks. Also, candidates should possess a two-year diploma in Special Education.
- Candidates should clear graduation in any stream. Also, candidates should possess a two-year diploma in Elementary Education /Special Education.
OTET Eligibility Criteria for Category-B (Paper-II)
Candidates fulfilling either of the below-mentioned parameters meet OTET 2019 eligibility criteria for Category-B (Paper-II):
- Candidates should clear graduation with at least 50% (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ SEBC/ PWD candidates) marks. Also, candidates should pass a one-year course in Bachelor in Education (BEd).
- Candidates should clear graduation with at least 50% (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ SEBC/ PWD candidates) marks. Also, candidates should pass a one-year course in BEd (Special Education).
- Candidates must pass Class XII with at least 50% (45% for SC/ ST/ OBC/ SEBC/ PWD candidates) aggregate marks. Also, candidates should pass a four-year BA Ed/ BSc Ed course.
Note: All candidates meeting eligibility criteria to apply under Category-B (Paper-II) are not eligible to apply under Category-A (Paper-I).
All untrained candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PWD category securing at least 45% marks in Class XII/ graduation are also eligible to apply for OTET 2019 exam. This is only to provide better opportunities to SC, ST, and PH candidates.
OSSTET 2019 Exam Pattern:
OTET Exam Pattern for Category-A (Paper-I) and Category-B (Paper II)
|Total number of questions||150|
|Type of questions||Objective type – MCQs|
|Language of examination||English|
|Examination duration||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|Marking scheme||Correct answer + 1mark|
|Wrong answer -no negative marking|
Segregation of marks and questions according to subjects for Paper I
|Child development & pedagogy||30||30|
|Language – I (Urdu/Hindi/Odia/Telugu/Bengali)||30||30|
|Language – II (English)||30||30|
In each subject, out of 30 questions – 20 will be from contents and 10 from pedagogy.
Segregation of marks and questions according to subjects for Paper II
|Child development & pedagogy||30||30|
|Language – I (Urdu/Hindi/Odia/Telugu/Bengali)||30||30|
|Language – I (English)||30||30|
|Mathematics and science||60 (30 questions from Mathematics and 30 questions from Science)||60|
|Social science||60 (30 questions from History as well as Political Science and 30 questions from Geography)||60|
Note: Out of ‘Mathematics & Science’ and ‘Social Studies’, candidates need to attempt questions from any one subject area.
Also, in each subject area, 20 questions will be from contents and 10 questions from Pedagogy.
OSSTET 2019 Admit Card:
- Students must note that the OSSTET Admit card is an essential document and they should carry to the Exam center.
- Students can download the OSSTET admit card from the official website.
- OSSTET Admit card will be available before a week before the Exam.
- No Physical Admit Card will be sent to students appearing for the exam.
- Students must not forget their Admit card on the day of the exam. Otherwise, he/she shall not be allowed to seat in the exam.
OSSTET 2019 Syllabus:
OSSTET Syllabi 2019 for English for TG Arts Teacher exam
- Comprehension from the unseen passage (8 marks)
- Pedagogy (5 marks)
- Grammar and usage (8 marks)
- Speaking commonly mispronounced words (2 marks)
- Comprehension from Poem (7 marks)
- Set Theory & its application (1 mark)
- Determinant and matrix (1 mark)
- Mensuration (2 marks)
- Number System (1 mark)
- Quadratic Equations (1 mark)
- Group (1 mark)
- Calculus of one variable (2 marks)
- Probability (1 mark)
- Sequence and series (2 marks)
- Statistics (1 mark)
- Coordinate Geometry (2 marks)
- Analytical Solid Geometry (1 mark)
- Trigonometry (2 marks)
- Prose (10 marks)
- Grammar (10 marks)
- Drama (10 marks)
- Novel/ short story (10 marks)
- Pedagogy (10 marks)
- Poetry (20 marks)
For Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management & Evaluation
- Growth & Development
- Approaches to understanding the nature of intelligence
- Addressing Classroom diversity
- Understanding the learning process
- Factors affecting different developmental aspects
- School Development Plan
- Organizing learning
- Critical Pedagogy
- Educational Management
- Assessment and Evaluation, Learning
- Addressing problems of adolescence
- Recent developments in assessment, etc.
- Language Items (10 marks)
- Grammar and sutra method (10 marks)
- Comprehension (10 marks)
- Method of assessment learning Sanskrit language & literature, Planning of assessment of teaching prose & poetry (10 marks)
- Learning Sanskrit (10 marks)
- The contribution of famous Poets & Authors (10 marks)
- Grammatical items
- Assessment of learning
- Teaching methods and aids
- Unseen poetry passage
- Contributions of famous literates for development of Telugu language
OSSTET Syllabus 2019 for Paper – II
- Odisha TET Exam Syllabus 2019 for Child Development, Pedagogy, School Management & Evaluation
- Meaning of growth and development
- Teaching procedure
- Physical, mental, emotional and social development of a child
- Difference between teaching methods and aids
- Teaching techniques
- Different stages of development
- Important devices and methods of teaching
- Evaluation of School Physical education activities and School health education programme
- Principles of programme planning in Physical Education
OSSTET 2019 Preparation Tips:
Firstly, Candidates needs to make a detailed note of all the topics included in the Odisha Secondary School Teacher Eligibility Test 2019 and should prepare every topic thoroughly. Knowing the syllabus will help students prepare efficiently
Here are a few helpful tips for the students to prepare for the Examination –
- Download previous years question papers and sample papers for the exam preparation.
- Always make a study schedule and follow it regularly.
- All formulae, concepts, equations and key points should be on the student’s fingertips.
- Candidates should also try to recapitulate all the topics frequently.
- Regular discussions on relatable topics with friends are very helpful.
- Candidates should not ignore the topics in which they are weak if they have ample time for preparation. In case of less time, they can do the vice-versa.
- Candidates should focus more on notes instead of textbooks as they are more effective.
- If they face any problem/issue he/she should clear it out with their guide in order to secure good rank.
- Always be healthy.
- OSSTET 2019 Result will be disclosed soon after the examination.
- It will be declared on the official website of OSSTET
- Students can view their result by providing their registration no on the official portal.
- Students who clear the Entrance Exam will be eligible for a personal round interview.