Odisha Polytechnic 2019
Odisha DET 2019 Application Form will be provided in the fourth week of April 2019. The Directorate of Technical Education & Training, Odisha will regulate the process for admission in various polytechnic courses offered by different colleges in the Odisha state. Admissions will be given in engineering, technology, non-engineering, film & Television, and part-time diploma courses. Students will get on the basis of the merit list of the qualifying examination. No entrance exam will be conducted to offer admission in diploma courses.
- The minimum age limit will be 16 years as on 1st July 2019 for mining/drilling courses.
- For other courses, the minimum age limit will be 14 years.
- For engineering & technology courses, candidates must have passed 10thor equivalent exam with Mathematics, Science and English subjects.
- Candidates must have obtained at least 35% marks in aggregate and 30% marks in each subject mentioned above.
- There will be no upper age limit to apply.
Admission Form and Registration
- DET Odisha application form 2019 will be issued through online mode
- It will be released along with the information bulletin in the month of April 2019.
- Candidates will be required to upload the scanned images of photograph and full signature.
- The images should be in JPG format.
- The size of the photograph should not exceed 100 KB and signature size should not be more than 30KB.
- There will be no correction or editing will be allowed in the application form.
- Candidates should take a printout of the application form for future references.
- Candidates will have to pay 200/- for SC/ST/PC/Female candidates and Rs. 250/- for male candidates.
- The fee will be paid through credit/debit card and net banking.
- Payment will also be done through e-challan of Axis bank.
To apply for the Odisha Polytechnic 2019, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the official website link. (link will be given above)
- The application form will be opened on the screen.
- Go through the “New Candidate Registration” tab.
- Now, click on the “Apply” button.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click on the option “Click here to Proceed”.
- Fill your personal, course applying, educational, communication & other required details.
- After that, the application form number will be generated.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format.
- After uploading the images, proceed for the fee payment option.
- Pay the application fee through online or offline mode.
- Candidates should take a printout of the application for further use.
|Events of Odisha DET 2019||Important Dates of Odisha DET 2019|
|Application process commence from||February 2019|
|The due date of the application procedure||April 2019|
|Last date for submission of application fee||April 2019|
|Publication of merit list||May 2019|
|Counseling will start||Probably from July 2019|
The Odisha Polytechnic 2019 will be of 400 marks containing 100 multiple choice questions, to be answered in two and a half hours. Each correct answer will fetch the candidate four marks while each incorrect answer will deduct one mark, and the unattempted questions will fetch zero marks.
|Set Theory||Definition Of Set, Set Notation, Finite Set, Infinite Set, Empty Set, Sub Set, Power Set, Set Operations (Union, Intersection & Difference), Symmetric Difference, Complement Of A Set, De-Morgan’s Law, Cartesian Product|
|Ratio, Proportion & Variation||Definition, Continued Proportion, Direct Variations, Inverse Variation, And Joint Variation|
|Indices||Laws Of Indices, Problems, Solution Of Exponential Equations|
|Polynomials||Factorization Of Polynomials, Remainder Theorem, Factor Theorem, Synthetic Division, And Their Applications.|
|Equations||Different Methods Of Solving Simultaneous Linear Equations In Two Unknowns, Problems, Quadratic Equations, Its Solution By Completing Square, Discriminant, Nature Of Roots, Relation Between Roots & Co-Efficient, Simple Problems.|
|Logarithms||Definition, Laws Of Logarithm, Common Logarithm, Characteristics, Mantissa, Antilogarithm|
|Number System||Natural Numbers, Integers, Rational Numbers, Real Numbers As Union Of Rational And Irrationals, Axioms On Operations On Real Numbers.|
|Computers||Different Parts Of Computer (Main Parts Only), Applications Of Computer, Binary Number System, Conversion Of Binary To Decimal And Vice Versa.|
|Mensuration||Circumference, Arc Length, Area Of Sector Of A Circle, Triangle, Rectangle, Square, Parallelogram, Trapezium, Rhombus, Surface Area And Volume Of Cylinder, Cone, Sphere.|
|Geometry||Straight Lines And Angle Between Two Straight Lines, Parallel Lines, Theorems On Congruency And Similar Triangles. Radius, Chord, Arc Of A Circle, Cyclic Quadrilaterals, Theorems, And Related Problems.|
|Trigonometry||Trigonometrical Ratios, Relation Among Trigonometrical Ratios, Pythagoras Theorem, Simple Trigonometrical Identities, Trigonometrical Ratios Of Compound Angles|
|Statistics||Data, Frequency Distribution, Grouped Frequency Distribution, Graphical Representation Of Data, Histogram, Pie Diagram & Frequency Polygon, Measures Of Central Tendency (Mean, Median & Mode)|
- Nature & Behavior: Element, Compound, Mixture, Type of mixture, Structure of Matter, States of matter, Atom, Molecule, Symbol & Valency, Chemical formula, Chemical equation.
- Atomic Structure: Electron, Proton, Neutron – their charges, Masses & Properties, Atomic number, Mass number, Rutherford’s Atomic models, Bohr’s Atomic models, Electronic configuration.
- Periodic classification: Periods & Groups, Periodic law properties of elements along a period and a group.
- Physical and Chemical changes: Difference between physical and chemical changes, Combination reactions, Displacement reactions, Decomposition reaction, Exothermic and Endothermic reactions, Catalysis & Catalysts
- Acids & Bases: Difference between inorganic & organic acids, Strong acid, Weak acid, and Strong base, Weak base, PH of a Solution, PH Scale, Solutions – Unsaturated, Saturated and Supersaturated solutions.
- Extraction of Metal: Definition & examples of Ore, Mineral, Occurrence of Ores of Iron, Aluminum, and Copper, General methods of extraction of metal, Ore dressing, Concentration, Reduction, Refining.
- Sources of Energy: Definition & Types of Fuel, Good fuel, Calorific value of fuel, a Fractional distillation of petroleum products, Petroleum Gas, Natural Gas.
- Environmental Chemistry: Definition of Environment, Pollutant & Contaminant, Causes & control of Air and Water Pollution.
|Motion||Uniform and non-uniform motion, distance and displacement, velocity and acceleration, Equation of motion, Simple harmonic motion.|
|Force||Force and motion, Newton’s laws of motion, Momentum, Gravitational force, the acceleration due to gravity, Mass and Weight.|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Work was done by a force, the relationship between work and energy, Potential Energy, Kinetic energy, Power, Units of work, Energy and Power.|
|Sound Wave||Longitudinal & Transverse wave, Progressive & Stationery waves, Wave parameters (Amplitude, Frequency, Time period, Wavelength & Velocity) and the relationship between them.|
|Heat||Heat and temperature, Measurement of temperature, Thermal expansion, Change in State (Latent heat of fusion & vaporization)|
|Optics||Law of reflection & Refraction, Types of Mirror, Reflection from a plane mirror, power of the lens.|
|Electricity||Conductors and Resistors, Ohm’s law, Combination of resistances in series and Parallel connection, the heating effect of electronic current, Joule’s law, Measurement of current, Potential difference and resistance, Ammeter, Voltmeter, Electric energy & power.|
|Magnetic effect of electric current||Magnetic field due to current carrying conductor (straight & circular coil), Faraday’s law of Electromagnetic induction, Fleming’s Left Hand & Right Hand Rule, D.C. motor Electric Generator, Dynamo.|
DET Odisha Syllabus for Admission to 3rd Sem under Lateral Entry Scheme
- Units And Dimensions, Scalars & Vectors Dimension And Dimensional Formula Of Physical Quantities, Vector Addition & Subtraction, Triangle Law And Parallelogram Law Of Vector Addition, Resolution Of Vector, Simple Numerical Problems
- Linear & Curvilinear Motion: Equation Of Motion Along A Straight Line, Projectile Motion, Simple Numerical Problems On Projectile Motion. Kinetic Energy And Potential Energy. Work-Energy Theorem & Application To Simple Numerical Problems, Uniform Circular Motion, Angular Displacement, Angular Velocity And Acceleration, Centripetal And Centrifugal Forces, Banking Of Roads, Bending Of Cyclist.
- Gravitation And S. H. M. Newton’s Law Of Gravitation, Kepler’s Laws And Its Application, Variation Of ‘G’ With Altitude Depth & Latitudes, Simple Numerical Problem, Escape Velocity And Orbital Velocity Of Satellite, Amplitude, Frequency And Time Period In S.H.M, Velocity And Acceleration Of A Particle Executing Sam
- Sound & Acoustics Progressive Wave And Stationary Wave, Longitudinal & Transverse Waves, Relation Between Different Wave Parameters, Newton’s Formula For Velocity Of Sound And Laplace’s Correction, The Effects Of Temperature, Pressure, And Humidity On Velocity Of Sound, Doppler’s Effect, Acoustics Of Building, Echo.
- Heat And Thermodynamics Different Units Of Heat, Specific Heat, Thermal Capacity, Water Equivalent, and Latent Heat. Numerical Problems On Principle Of Calorimetry, Relationship Between Coefficient Of Linear, Superficial And Cubical Expansion Of Solids, Relation Between Coefficient Of Real And Apparent Expansion Of Liquids, Relation Between Cp And Cv, Thermal Conductivity And Its Units, Mechanical Equivalent Of Heat.
- Optics Reflection, Refraction, Laws Of Reflection And Refraction, Critical Angle, Total Internal Reflection, Relation Between Refractive Index And Critical Angle. Mirror And Lens Formula Simple Numerical Problem. Power Of Mirror, Lens And Its Unit.
- Magnetism Coulomb’s Law In Magnetism,Unit Pole, Magnetic Field Intensity. Magnetic Line Of Force, Magnetic Flux, Flux Density, Magnetic Moment Of Bar Magnet.
- Electrostatics Coulomb’s Law In Electrostatics, Define Unit Charge. Electric Field Intensity And Electric Potential, Capacity Of A Conductor And Capacitor. Capacity Of A Parallel Plate Capacitor And The Effect Of Dielectric On The Capacitance Of The Capacitor. Problems On Grouping Of Capacitors In Series And Parallel.
- Current Electricity Electric Current, Ohm’s Law. Laws Of Resistance, Specific Resistance. Effect Of Temperature On Resistance. Grouping Of Resistors In Series And Parallel. Kirchoff’s Laws And It’s Application To Wheatstone Bridge, Electrical Energy And Electric Power, Joule’s Laws Of Heating Effect Of Electric Current.
- Magnetic Effect Of Current Biot-Savarts Law, Numerical Problems On Magnetic Field Induction Due To Current Through A Straight Wire And At The Centre Of A Circular Coil, Force Experienced By A Current Carrying Conductor Placed In A Magnetic Field, Fleming’s Left Hand Rule.
- Electromagnetic Induction Faraday’s Laws Of Electromagnetic Induction, Lenz’s Law, Fleming’s Right Hand Rule.
- Nuclear And Modern Physics Define Atomic Number, Mass Number, Mass Defect And Binding Energy, Nuclear Fission And Nuclear Fusion, Application Of Nuclear Fission & Nuclear Fusion. Laser : Properties And Application. The Properties & Uses Of Alpha, Beta And Gamma Rays.
|Algebra||Complex Numbers, Binomial Theorem, Determinant, Matrices and Partial Fraction|
|Trigonometry||Trigonometric ratios, Trigonometric equation and Inverse circular function.|
|Geometry (2D & 3D)||Two dimensional and three dimensional co-ordinates (in Cartesian form only), the distance between two points, the question of straight line, circle, sphere and Plane.|
|Calculus||Variables, Limits and continuity, differentiation of simple functions.
Successive differentiation up to second order, Maxima & Minima, partial differentiation, Euler’s Theorem on Homogeneous function up to 2nd order only.
|Integral Calculus||Integration of algebraic and Trigonometric function, Determination of area bounded by, y = f(x) when x = a and x = b & x – axis & x = f(y) when y = a and y = b and y – axis. Simple differential equations (first order and first degree), vector additions and multiplication and their applications.|
Chapter-1 (Physical Chemistry)
- Chemical formula, Chemical Equation, Balancing of Chemical equation by hit & trial method & Partial equation Method
- Bohr’s atomic model, Bohr Bury Scheme, electronic configuration, Aufban’s Principle, Hund’s Rule, Pauli’s exclusion Principle
- Definition of Chemical Bond, Types of Chemical Bond : Electrovalent, Covalent and Co-ordinate bond with an example
- Arrhenius theory, Lowry Bronsted theory and Lewis theory of Acid and Base Determination of equivalent mass of Acids, Bases and salts. PH of a solution, its application, Buffer solution and its application
- Definition of Electrolyte, electrolytic cell, Faraday’s 1st law and 2nd law of electrolysis Application of electrolysis : Electroplating and Electro refining.
Chapter-2 (Inorganic Chemistry)
- Define Mineral, ore, flux, slag with examples : General method of extraction of metal :- Dressing, Concentration, Calcination, Roasting, Reduction, refining.
- Composition and uses of Brass, Bronze, Bell metal
Chapter-3 (Organic Chemistry)
- Difference between saturated hydrocarbon and unsaturated hydrocarbon
- IUPAC system of nomenclature of alkane, alkene, alkyne, alkylhalide
Chapter-4 (Industrial Chemistry)
- Types and causes of the hardness of water removal of hardness by lime soda and ion exchange method.
- Types of lubricants and their uses
- Definition and classification of fuel, the calorific value of fuel, petroleum products, producer gas, water gas
- Definition of Monomer, Polymer, Homopolymer, Copolymer, Composition and uses of Polythene, Polyvinyl chloride
Chapter-5 (Environmental Chemistry)
- Definition with an example – Pollutant, contaminant, receptor, the pathway of pollutant
- Water Pollution – its sources and effect on human health.
- Air Pollution – its sources and effect on human health, green house effect, Acid rain, ozone layer depletion.
Odisha DET Syllabus For Admission to Part Time programme of Engineering / Technology
- Modal verbs,
- Subject-Verb Agreement,
- Reading comprehension
General Knowledge Syllabus
- National & International affairs
- Invention and Discoveries
- Art & Culture
General Science Syllabus
- Motion: Uniform and non uniform motion, distance and displacement, velocity and acceleration
- Force: Force and motion, Newton’s laws of motion, Gravitational force, the acceleration due to gravity mass and weight.
- Heat: Heat and temperature, measurement of temperature, thermal expansion, change of State.
- Light: Reflection, laws of reflection, types of mirror, reflection from the plane mirror, refraction, laws of refraction, the power of the lens.
- Electricity: conductors and resistors, measurement of current, potential difference and resistance, ammeter, voltmeter, Ohm’s law
- Sound: Production and propagation of sound and its velocity in the medium.
- Matter- Element, compound, Mixture, Type of mixture, , states of matter, atom, molecule, symbol & valency, Chemical formula, Chemical equation.
- Atomic Structure: Electron, Proton, Neutron & their charge, mass, atomic number, mass number, electronic configuration.
- Bonding: Formation of the ionic & covalent bond, important properties of the electrovalent and covalent bond.
- Water: Sources of water, soft and hard water, types of hardness, removal of hardness of water by cold and hot soda lime process.
- Cell and Cell Structure:- Cell structure difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells. Function of cell organ less (brief account).
- Diversity in the Living World:- General idea of classification of living organizations and their importance, nomenclature classification(two kingdoms) with characteristics and examples upto phylum in plants and invertebrate animals.
- Nutrition:- Mode of nutrition, autotrophic, heterotrophic, photosynthesis(main steps) factors affecting photosynthesis.
- Respiration:- Respiration and breathing, respiration in plants and animals, types of respiration-aerobic and anaerobic respiration through skill, gills , air tube, lungs(Earth worm, fish, grasshopper & frog)
- Heredity: Mendel’s laws, the structure of chromosomes and DNA, the gene. Environment and environmental problems, causes prevention and control (soil erosion), pollution of water and accumulation of waste and environmental problems, biodegradable and non-biodegradable materials.
- Number System: Natural numbers, Integers, Rational numbers, Real numbers as the union of rational and irrationals, Axioms on operations on real numbers
- Logarithms: Definition, laws of the logarithm, common logarithm, characteristics, Mantissa, Antilogarithm, Tables of logarithm and antilogarithm.
- Ratio, Proportion & Variation: Definition, continued proportions, direct variation, inverse variation & joint variation.
- Equations: Different methods of solving simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns, problems, Quadratic equations, its solutions by completing the square, Discriminant, nature of roots, Relation between roots & co-efficient, simple problems
- Functions and Graphs: Domain and Range of Real valued function.
- Mensuration: Circumference, Arc Length, Area of Sector of a circle, triangle, Rectangle, Square, Parallelogram, Trapezium, Rhombus. Surface area and volume of a cylinder, Cone, Sphere.
- Statistics: Data, Frequency distribution, Erupted frequency distribution measures of Central tendency (Mean, median & mode)
The admit card is an extremely important document which is imperative to bring in the examination hall. It is expected to be released in the first week of May 2018 only for those candidates whose application forms have already accepted by the authority.
- You can download the admit card for the Odisha DET 2019 Exam.
- No physical dispatch will be done for the admit card.
- No, admit card and wrong admit card are identical hence it is mandatory that the admit card is accurate and contains all the information.
Official authority of Odisha DET 2018 Exam will declare the result so as to select you for the counselling procedure. The result will be directly based on the strong analysis of the result deciding factors.
- The result can be checked either on the link given in the post or from the official website.
- Enter the roll number and date of birth and check the result so easily.
- No information of its declaration will be sent to the candidates.
- The declared result will show the following:
Name of the candidate
Aggregate scores in Odisha DET 2018 Exam
Marks in the individual section
Category wise cut-off marks
On the basis of marks secured in the qualifying exam, a merit list of the candidates will be prepared. Separate merit lists will be prepared for admissions into different courses. Category-wise merit list will be drawn for candidates belonging to different categories. On the basis of the name in the merit list, the candidates will be allowed to participate in the further process of admission.
The selected applicants will have to attend counselling where they will be able to select the course and institution of their choice. At the time of counselling, the documents of the candidate will also be verified. The candidates must bring the following documents at the time of counselling:
- Pass certificate and mark sheet of High School Certificate (HSC) examination awarded by BSE, Odisha/ 10th standard examination certificate declared the equivalent
- Caste Certificate (SC/ ST)
- Sports Certificate (if applicable)
- NCC certificate (if applicable)
- Employers’ certificate (if applicable)
- Green Card of the parent (if applicable)
- Permanent Residence Certificate (if applicable)
- Annual Income Certificate (if applicable)
- ITI Pass/ +2 Science (PCM)/ +2 Vocational pass certificate & mark sheet issued by SCTE&VT, Odisha/ CHSE/ 12th standard examination declared equivalent by CHSE, respectively
- Medical fitness certificate from Government Doctor
- Sponsorship/ Working experience of minimum 2 years (for the Part-time programme)
The candidates who have allotted a seat during counseling will have to report to the allotted institute to complete the admission process. The candidates will have to submit the following documents in original at the time of admission:
- Seat Allotment Letter downloaded from the website
- Fee deposit slip (institute copy) in respect of seat allotment
- Conduct Certificate and SLC/ CLC from the institution last studied
- Recent passport size photographs duly attested
- Migration Certificate in case of candidates passing a 10th standard examination from any board other than BSE, Odisha
Rules and Regulations
- Students have to take their admit cards positively to the examination hall
- Students should reach the examination centre at least an hour before the examination starts.
- Students should not carry any electronic materials such as mobile phones, programmable watches and smart watches, PDA, calculators, earphones etc.
- Students should not carry any material that is related to the exam, including no writing anything on hands.
- Students can carry only their stationery, including a blue or black ball point pen for filling the OMR sheet.
- Students are also required to carry any of their photo identity cards issued by the government of India.
- Practise a lot, practise and hard work are the key to success.
- Maintain a good speed.
- Read all the questions carefully, especially in the logical reasoning section. Attempt the easy ones first, and leave the difficult one for the last.
- Give the paper with a calm and cool mind.
- Keep a note of the important topics and do the sample papers religiously
- Have adequate food before you come to the examination hall.
- Lastly, do your best.