NCHMCT i.e., National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology is an autonomous body set up for coordinated growth and development of hospitality education in the country.
NCHMCT JEE is a joint entrance examination conducted all across India in different cities for admissions in undergraduate hospitality and hotel administration programmes.
If you are aspiring for hotel management then this article is for you. This article will provide you with all the details regarding the examination NCHMCT JEE 2019, including:
- How to fill NCHMCT JEE Application Form?
- NCHMCT JEE Rules & Regulations.
- NCHMCT JEE Eligibility Criteria.
- NCHMCT JEE Exam Dates
- NCHMCT JEE Exam Pattern.
- NCHMCT JEE Exam Center.
- NCHMCT JEE Admit Card.
- NCHMCT JEE Syllabus.
- NCHMCT JEE Preparation Tips.
- Important Books for NCHMCT JEE Preparation.
- How to Check NCHMCT JEE Result?
- NCHMCT JEE Previous Year Cutoff.
How to fill NCHMCT JEE Application Form?
To register for NCHMCT JEE 2019, follow the procedure mentioned below:
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of NCHMCT for NCHMCT JEE 2019 registration.
STEP 2 – Registration: The interested and eligible candidates can apply through online mode or can download the application form and fill it offline.
The candidates need to register before filling the application form. After successfully registering, the candidates are assigned a registration Id and a password that is to be kept safe for future reference and for filling the application form.
The application form can be submitted online or in person.
After registering successfully, candidates must take the printout for future reference.
STEP 3 – Fill the application form only after reading the eligibility criteria and the instructions carefully.
After filling the form successfully, candidates must take the printout for future reference (counseling and verification).
STEP 4 – Upload required images and documents: Upload the specified scanned images and documents.
|NCHMCT JEE Document||Maximum Size||Format|
STEP 5 – Submission and payment of application form: Candidates can deposit the fee through online mode using Credit/Debit Card or demand draft (DD).
Application Fee Details:
|Mode||Category||NCHMCT JEE 2019 Application Fee (in rupees)|
NCHMCT JEE Rules and Regulations:
The norms that are to be followed while applying for the NCHMCT JEE 2019 are:
- Fill the application form in English only.
- Write the name in capital letters as mentioned in candidate’s Class X or equivalent certificate.
- Enter the date, month and year of birth as per English Calendar and as recorded in the School/Board (Class-X) Pre-University examination certificate.
- Affix recent color photograph with a white background (without attestation) taken not more than three months back. The photograph should be pasted (not stapled) in the space marked for it.
- Do not over-write in any section of the application form.
- Do not write or mark on the Barcodes.
- Do not make any mistakes in filling any details in the application form because no request for change/correction/modification in the particulars of Application Form will be entertained later on.
- Candidates need to report at their respective examination center at least 60 minutes before the commencement of the examination.
NCHMCT JEE Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria are exactly as mentioned on the official website:
The two courses that are offered under the undergraduate programmes by NCHMCT are:
- Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration – Generic
- Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration – Specialization
Eligibility for B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration – Generic
- A pass in 10+2 system of Senior Secondary examination or its equivalent with English as one of the subjects. Candidate must have passed English as a subject of study (core/elective/functional) in the qualifying examination.
- Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear in JEE 2019 on a provisional basis. Provisional admission will stand canceled if proof of having passed the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) is not submitted at the time of counseling or at the time of admission.
- The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/documents at the time of admission.
Eligibility for B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration – Specialization
- Specialization degree is coordinated at 5 of its institutes located at Chennai, Goa, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
- The candidates will write the All India Entrance Examination which is common for admission to both programs.
- For Specialization, limited seats are available at each of the seven institutes and are offered based on performance in the 1st and 2nd-semester examinations. Selection is based on merit-cum-choice.
- Students can opt for any one of the three areas of Specialization viz. Food Production Management, Food & Beverage Management, and Accommodation Operation Management.
- While the first three semesters are common for all the students, specialization is offered from the 4th semester onwards. No change of stream of specialization can be made after allocation.
- In order to become eligible for the award of degree in B.Sc. in Hospitality and Hotel Administration by IGNOU, students must complete the NGHMCT component as full-time candidates in the affiliated Institutes of Hotel Management as well as clear the credit papers offered by IGNOU during the course of study.
NCHMCT JEE 2019 Exam Dates:
|Commencement of online application||December 24, 2018|
|Availability of NCHMCT Admit Card||April 20, 2019|
|NCHMCT JEE 2019 Exam Date||April 28, 2019|
|Result Declaration||May 21, 2019|
|NCHMCT JEE Counselling||May 25, 2019, to June 04, 2019|
NCHMCT JEE Exam Pattern:
- The Mode of examination: offline
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- No. of questions:
- Medium: The question paper will be asked in English and Hindi language (except the section of English language).
- Maximum marks: 200 marks.
- Marking scheme: 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: 0.25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
- Duration: 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- Division of questions section-wise:
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50|
NCHMCT JEE Exam Centers:
The examination of NCHMCT JEE 2019 is conducted across the following cities:
NCHMCT JEE Admit Card:
The candidates can log on to the official website of the NCHMCT JEE 2019 and avail they admit cards for NCHMCT JEE 2019 by providing their registration id and password assigned earlier while registering for an application form.
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus:
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus for Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude:
- Elementary Mathematics
- Arthimetic (Number Theory)
- Number Systems
- Square Roots
- Cube Roots
- Fractions and Decimals
- HCF and LCM
- Chain Rule
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Percentage calculation
- Profit and Loss
- Calculate areas and volumes
- Unitary Method Questions
- Age Questions
- Clocks & Calendar related questions
- Speed (of cars, trains, etc) related questions
- Time and Distance related questions
- Work and Wage related questions
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus for Reasoning and Logical Deductions:
- Analytical Reasoning
- Direction and Distance related questions
- Linear Arrangement
- Complex Arrangement
- Coding and Decoding
- Blood relations related questions
- Symbols and notations
- Alphabet Test
- Data interpretation
- Statements assumptions
- Statements arguments
- Statements conclusions
- Statements action
- Problems based on Symmetry
- Problems based on Visual Ability
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus for English:
- Spelling mistakes
- English proficiency
- Idioms and phrases
- One word substitution
- Sentence formation
- Sentence completion
- Sentence improvement
- Sentence Reconstruction
- Rearrangement of words in a sentence
- Rearrangement of the sentence in paragraph
- Paragraph formation
- Paragraph completion
- Fill in the blanks
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus for General Knowledge:
- General awareness of different and popular:
- Books and authors
- Famous personalities
- Inventions and discoveries
- World organizations
- Statistical data of the World
- Prizes and awards
- Fashion Events
- Solar System
- Natural calamities
NCHMCT JEE Syllabus for Current Events:
- Awareness of recent happenings that occurred Nationally as well as Internationally.
- Knowledge about Persons, Places, awards, Authors, Economy, Science and Technology, Sports etc.
NCHMCT JEE Books to Refer:
The books that are most preferred for NCHMCT JEE 2019 preparation, are:
NCHMCT JEE Books for General Knowledge and Scientific Aptitude Section
- Manorama Yearbook
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Pearson India Yearbook
- Lucent’s GK
- Competition Review Yearbook
- Arihant General Knowledge
NCHMCT JEE Books for Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude Section
- S Chand’s 30 days wonder for Maths
- S. Aggarwal (Quantitative Aptitude)
- NCHMCT JEE 2018 Books for Reasoning and Logical Deduction Section
NCHMCT JEE Books for English Language Section
- Wren and Martin
- Pearson’s English
- Arihant General English for all Competitive Examinations
- Tata McGraw-Hill
How to check NCHMCT JEE Result?
The candidates can log on to the official website of the NCHMCT and by providing their registration ID and password assigned they can check their score and tally it with the proposed cutoff to see whether they are qualified or not.
NCHMCT JEE Cutoff:
|College Name||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|Chandigarh Institute of HM||10||2325|
|Dr. Ambedkar Institute of HM||59||1507|
|IHM Gandhi Nagar||273||3068|
NCHMCT JEE Preparation Tips:
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as many questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.