Mahatma Gandhi University Common Admission Test (MGU CAT) conducted at the University level which provides admissions to the postgraduate courses in this renowned university & to its affiliated colleges. Through the centralized allotment process, the admission to PG courses will be completed. The admission to PG courses will be done through the centralized allotment process. Check the related information about the MGU CAT 2019 like examination date scheduled, exam pattern, application form, eligibility criteria, syllabus, admit card etc.
MGU CAT Registration and Application Details:
MGU CAT 2019 Application process begins from March, 2019. Candidates can fill the application form online from the official website of MGU. Candidates are advised not to wait for the last date and should fill the application form before March 31, 2019. The application form will not be submitted without the successful fee payment. The application process includes registration, filling of details and application fee payment.
Step: 1 Registration
- Candidates can fill the online application form from the official website i.e. cat.mgu.ac.in
- Fill the registration form to get Application Number.
- Candidates have to fill the information like Candidates Name, Date of birth and Email ID, etc.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’
- After the successful submission of the registration form candidate will get an application number.
Step: 2 Filling details in Application Form
After successful payment of a fee, candidates have to fill the following details:
- Personal details
- Basic details
- Educational details
- Communicational details, etc.
Step: 3 Fee Payment
- Candidates can make payment through the official website
- Login to the candidates portal with the help of application number
- Candidates can make payment via
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Net Banking
Posting Application Form
- Applicants of M.Ed programmes should send the hard copy of the application form to the address given below:
School of Pedagogical Sciences,
Mahatma Gandhi University,
- Candidates have to post the print of Application form to the address given below:
School of Distance Education,
Mahatma Gandhi University,
MGU CAT Application Fee Payment:
After MGU CAT 2019 registration process and filling of application form candidates have to make payment of Application fee. The last date to make payment is April, 2019. Candidates can make payment through Credit Card/ Debit Card/ Net Banking as per their convenience. Candidates have to make payment of INR 500. Relaxation will be given to candidates of reserved category. Reserved category candidates have to make payment of INR 250.
|General Category||INR 500|
|Reserved Category||INR 250|
MGU CAT Eligibility Criteria:
|M.Sc Biotechnology, M.Sc Microbiology, M.Sc Biochemistry, M.Sc Biophysics||Qualifying Exam: Applicants have to pass in B. Sc degree in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Chemistry or Physics
Minimum Marks: Applicant must obtain the 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
|M.Sc Physics||Qualifying Exam: Must hold the B.Sc degree in physics.
Minimum Marks: Must score minimum 50% marks.
|M.Sc Environment Science & Disaster Management||Qualifying Exam: B.Sc degree in any subject.
Minimum Marks: Applicant must pass with minimum 50% marks.
|M.Sc Psychology||Qualifying Exam: Applicants pass BA/B.Sc in Psychology.
Minimum Marks: with not less than 50% marks
|M.Sc Computer Science||Qualifying Exam: Must hold B.Sc degree in Computer Science/Computer Applications/BCA.
Minimum Marks: Minimum marks are 50% marks.
|LL.M||Qualifying Exam: LL.B degree required.
Minimum Marks: Must obtain at least 50% marks.
|M.Ed in Social Science Education, Commerce Education, IT Education, Language Education, Mathematics Education||Qualifying Exam: Applicant must pass in B.Ed.
Minimum Marks: Applicant has to secure minimum of about 55% marks.
|M.A. Economics||Qualifying Exam: Bachelor’s degree in economics, mathematics or statistics.
Minimum Marks: Passed with minimum of 45% marks or equivalent degree from MGU approved institutions.
|MA Politics & Human Rights, MA Politics (Public Policy & Governance) – UGC, MA Politics & International Relations, Sponsored Programme||Qualifying Exam: Those applicants can apply who have a Bachelor’s degree in History / Law / Economics / Politics with 45% mark or
Degree in Commerce/ English/Sociology / Anthropology /Psychology/Philosophy/ Geography with 50% marks or
Minimum Marks: Graduates with Science stream not less than 60% marks.
|MA English||Qualifying Exam: Applicants should pass the bachelor’s degree
Minimum Marks: Applicants have to secure 45% marks.
Or passed a bachelor’s degree in arts/science with minimum 50% marks.
|M.A. Development Studies, M.A. Gandhian Studies||Qualifying Exam: Bachelor’s degree in any subject is necessary.
Minimum Marks: Must qualify the qualifying exam with 45% marks.
MGU CAT 2019 Exam Pattern:
- Exam Mode: The MGU CAT 2019 entrance exam will be a computer-based test (online test).
- MGU CAT 2019 Exam Date: The exam will be conducted on 5th May 2019 and 6th May 2019.
- Exam Duration: The exam will be of 90 minutes.
- MGU CAT 2019 Questions: The question paper will consist of multiple-choice questions. For MA Malayalam, MA English, LLM, and Master of Tourism Management Courses the questions will be objective as well as descriptive type.
- Marking scheme: For every correct answer 4 marks will be awarded
- Total Marks: The MGU CAT 2019 entrance exam will be conducted for 200 marks.
- Sections: The Question paper will be divided into 2 sections:
|Section name||Number of Questions||Marks|
MGU CAT Exam Syllabus:
- The students must prepare for MGU CAT 2019 exam according to the below-mentioned syllabus:
|Course Name||MGU CAT 2019 exam Syllabus|
|School of Chemical Sciences||MGU CAT 2019 exam will be based on B.Sc Chemistry syllabus of MGU.|
|School of Biosciences||Entrance Test will be based on the syllabus of Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemistry and Physics at B Sc level.|
|School of Environmental Sciences||Entrance Test will be based on subjects of basic sciences at degree level, general aptitude and general awareness of Environmental Sciences.|
|School of Letters||Entrance Test will consist of questions to assess the aptitude for literary/theatrical studies. The question paper will contain essay type questions, short answer questions, and objective type questions.|
|School of International Relations and Politics||MGU CAT 2019 Examination will consist of questions on current affairs.|
|School of Gandhian Thought and Developmental Studies||Entrance Test will consist of questions from related subjects.|
|School of Social Sciences||MGU CAT 2019 Entrance exam will consist of questions for assessing the interdisciplinary aptitude as well as the knowledge in one’s own discipline for the qualifying examination.|
|School of Behavioural Sciences||Entrance Test will consist of questions in an interdisciplinary manner based on the syllabus of the qualifying examination.|
|School of Computer Sciences||Entrance Test will consist of two parts: Part I: questions from Computer Science, and Part II: questions to assess logical reasoning and numeral ability.|
|School of Tourism and Travel Management||Entrance Test will carry objective type questions for 80 marks, i.e., English Language(30 marks), General Knowledge and Current affairs(30 marks), and Travel Geography (20 marks) and a descriptive general short essay question carrying 20 marks.|
|School of Indian Legal Thought||Entrance Test will consist of questions concerning the following branches of law- Constitutional Law, Administrative Law, Jurisprudence, Fundamentals of Civil & Criminal Law, General Principles of Interpretation and Current Legal Developments.|
|School of Pedagogical Sciences||The Entrance Test shall consist of objective type questions for 50 marks based on the syllabus of general papers of B.Ed programme of Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU).|
|Dr. KN Raj Study Centre for Planning & Centre-State Financial Relations||MGU CAT 2019 Entrance exam will be based on the syllabus of B.A. Economics programme of Mahatma Gandhi University (MGU).|
MGU CAT Admit Card:
Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website after April 25, 2018. Admit card is an important document carrying information of candidates and exam. It acts as an identity proof and a gateway to the examination hall. No candidate is allowed inside the examination hall without the Admit Card. Candidates must preserve their Admit card even after the exam, for further process.
- Candidates can download their Admit Card from the official website.
- Click on the link ‘Admit Card’
- Provide the required information like registration number, name, and date of birth, etc.
- Take print out of the Admit Card and preserve it for future references.
- Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidates Name
- Contact Details
- Candidates Photograph
- Examination Centre
- The timing of the Exam
MGU CAT Result:
- Result Declaration: The MGU CAT 2019 result will be declared on 28th May 2019. The candidate can check and download their results from the MGU CAT 2019 official website.
- MGU CAT 2019 provisional rank list: The rank list will also be available on 28th May 2019.
- Credentials: The candidates have to go to the official website and enter the credentials like MGU CAT 2019 Registration number and Date of Birth in order to see the results.
How to Check MGU CAT 2019 Results:
Step 1: Visit the MGU CAT 2019 Official website or official portal of the University.
Step 2: Click on the “MGU CAT 2019 result” tab on the homepage. The candidates will be redirected to a webpage where they can check their result.
Step 3: Ener the credentials like MGU CAT 2019 Registration Number and other details. Click on “Submit” button.
Step 4: The MGU CAT 2019 results will be available on the screen.
Step 5: Download and take the Printout of the same for future reference.
MGU CAT Cut-off:
After the declaration of results, the rank list for all the PG programmes except M.Ed will be prepared. The list will be prepared on the basis of the below-given criteria:
- A: Marks scored in the MGU CAT 2019 Entrance exam
- B: Bonus marks/ weightage marks
- A + B will be the index marks
Tie Breaker: If more than one candidate obtains equal index marks the candidate who has scored more marks in MGU CAT 2019 Entrance exam will be placed higher in ranking. If there is still a tie, the age of the candidates will be taken into account, the older being placed higher in the ranking.
MGU CAT Counseling:
Counseling process begins on June 05, 2018. Candidates who manage to clear MGU CAT 2018 will be called for the counseling process. The allotment of seats will be based on the availability of seats, options exercised and rank obtained. During the process of counseling, candidates have to select the preferences of specialization.
Documents required on the day of counseling:
- Matriculation certificate for date of birth
- Transfer Certificate
- Marks sheet of (Institution last attended)
- Provisional certificate (Institution last attended)
- Migration certificate (if applicable)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Income Certificate (if applicable)
- BPL Certificate (if applicable)
MGU CAT Rules and Regulations:
- Students have to take their admit cards positively to the examination hall
- Students should reach the examination center at least an hour before the examination starts.
- Students should not carry any electronic materials such as mobile phones, programmable watches, and smartwatches, PDA, calculators, earphones etc.
- Students should not carry any material that is related to the exam, including no writing anything on hands.
- Students can carry only their stationery, including a blue or black ballpoint pen for filling the OMR sheet.
- Students are also required to carry any of their photo identity cards issued by the government of India.
MGU CAT Preparation Tips:
- Practice a lot, practice and hard work are the keys to success.
- Maintain a good speed.
- Read all the questions carefully, especially in the logical reasoning section. Attempt the easy ones first, and leave the difficult one for the last.
- Give the paper with a calm and cool mind.
- Keep a note of the important topics and do the sample papers religiously
- Have adequate food before you come to the examination hall.
- Lastly, do your best.