Meghalaya Polytechnic 2019
Shillong Polytechnic is a premier government technical institute in the state of Meghalaya, in North East India. The Institute is under the administrative and supervisory control of the Director of Higher & Technical Education, Government Of Meghalaya. The college provides various facilities such as well-equipped laboratories, hostel and many more. There are currently five departments available in the college. The current principal of the college is Shri O. Ropmay. The motto of the college is “Knowledge is power”. The Shillong Polytechnic is a one of the leading Government Technical Institution.
Following is the list of courses offered by the Meghalaya Polytechnic :
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Computer Engineering
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Diploma in Electronic Communications Engineering
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
- Diploma in Information Technology
Shillong polytechnic institution was formed with an aim of producing technicians at the supervisory level to meet the demand of technician manpower in different fields of development. With the help of the admission procedure qualified applicants will be able to get admission in different diploma courses in the field of engineering.
The authority will release the notification very soon on its official website. Meghalaya Polytechnic Admission 2019 is a state level admission procedure conducted every year to offer admissions to eligible applicants. Meghalaya Polytechnic admission 2019 is a gateway to get admission in the 1st year of Diploma courses in numerous Govt./aided Polytechnic colleges across Meghalaya state. The admissions will be given on merit basis.
Application form filling procedure
The important information related to the application process is listed below for the reference of the applicants:
- Application forms will be available in online mode for the applicants on the official website of the university.
- Applicants who want to fill the application form and appear for the admission procedure needs to visit the official website of the university.
- Applicants need to meet the eligibility criteria set by the university mention on the official website itself.
- For future usage, applicants need to download the prospectus and instruction brochure from the official website.
- After that applicants need to fill the application form by entering the necessary required details in it.
- Once the application form is completely filled, applicants need to take a printout of the duly filled application form.
- After taking a printout of the same applicants need to paste passport size photograph in the space provided in the application form.
- After that applicants need to submit the duly filled application form along with necessary documents.
- Applicants need to submit the duly filled application form to the office of the Principal, Shillong Polytechnic, Shillong.
Below mentioned is the list of the documents to be submitted along with the application form:
- Passport size photograph
- SSC mark sheet and certificate
- SSC admit card
- Domicile certificate
- Character certificate
- Category certificate
- Residential certificate
- Receipt of the application fee
Application fee details
- The application fee is Rs 100/- for the applicants.
- The application fee is the same for all categories.
- Applicants need to pay the application fee by challan in any SBI branch.
- After paying the application fee, the system will generate a receipt of the payment.
- Applicants need to save the payment confirmation receipt and produce it at the institution.
Important Dates (tentative)
The important information related to the important events and tentative dates is listed below for applicants to refer:
|Application form||May 2019|
|Application form submission||June 2019|
|Publishing of merit list||June 2019|
|Interview round||June 2019|
|Final merit list||June 2019|
|Commencement of classes||July 2019|
For seeking admission in polytechnic streams in the state of Assam, the aspirants have to meet the eligibility factor. There are given various eligibility conditions for the students to read.
Indian citizens are only eligible to apply for the admission procedure.
Applicants who are below the age of 21 years at the time of admission are only eligible to apply.
Applicants must have completed SSC exam from a recognized board or university in order to get admission.
Applicants must have scored more than 45% marks in the qualifying exam if they belong to the general category.
And reserved category applicants must score not less than 40% marks in the qualifying exam.
Applicants must be medically fit in order to apply for the admission procedure.
Applicants must be a permanent resident of Meghalaya and should produce a domicile certificate o Meghalaya state.
Official authorities will conduct an interview round for the applicants who want to get admission in the university. Counseling session will be conducted in offline mode in the Shillong polytechnic institution itself and the official authorities will notify all the details about the interview round on the official website of the university itself. Official authorities will provide admission to the applicants on the basis of the marks scored by them in the past qualifying exams. Applicants are instructed to refer to the official website of the university in order to get complete information about the interview schedule and the documents to be carried along with them at the time of personal interview round. Applicants must note that they submit all original and attested copies of the necessary documents. The documents are needed for the verification process in the counseling round. Applicants also need to pay admission fee once the admission is confirmed.