DTE Maharashtra will conduct MHT CET 2019 tentatively in the second week of May in offline mode. MHT CET 2019 will be conducted for the candidates who will be seeking admission to various B.tech programmes offered by its participating institutes. The application form for the entrance exam will be released in online mode tentatively in the third week of January. Candidates before filling the application form must check and meet the eligibility criteria of MHT CET 2019 prescribed by the authorities. Admit card for MHT CET 2019 will be issued to the candidates tentatively in last week of April in online mode. After the conclusion of the entrance test, authorities will release the provisional answer key tentatively in the last week of May. MHT CET has been re-introduced in the year 2016. Before that (in 2014 and 2015), the state level engineering colleges offered admission to candidates based on JEE Main score. Candidates can read the full article to know about the MHT CET 2019 eligibility criteria, admit card, result, rank list etc.
MAH CET Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must have a bachelors’ degree in any discipline from any recognized university with a minimum of 50% marks, and at least 45% in case of reserved candidates.
- Final year students can also apply.
- Candidates appearing for CAT / GMAT / CMAT /MAT February / XAT/ ATMA are considered to be eligible for admission against the All India Seats subject to the fulfillment of eligibility criteria. Such candidates need to fill online application form according to the schedule.
MAH CET Application Form Details:
Candidates are allowed to fill only one Application Form. Multiple applications will be rejected.
To apply online, candidates need to follow four steps:
Fill in the Registration Details, choose your Password and note down system generated Application ID here. Candidates have to choose a password and security question and enter his/her Answer. After successful submission of the data, the Application ID will be generated. This ID will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form such as uploading images of photo and signature, Edit dates, Payment and also required for all future correspondence.
Candidates have to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature in .jpg/.jpeg format only. Here are some points to remember:
- Size of the photo image must be greater than 10 kb & less than 100 kb
- Size of the signature image must be greater than 5 kb & less than 20 kb
- Dimension of photograph image should be 3.5 cm(width) x 4.5 cm(Height) only
- Dimension of signature image should be 3.5 cm(length) x 1.5 cm(Height) only
Candidates can edit their data, before final submission. Once saved, candidates cannot change the data.
Thereafter candidates need to pay the application fee via Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking or by e-Challan to be submitted at any Axis Bank Ltd in India.
Application fee once paid will not be refunded (full or partial) under any circumstances.
Mode of Payment:
Candidates can opt to pay the application fee either by Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking or via e-Challan: to be submitted at any Axis Bank Ltd in India.
The candidate has to select a Credit Card / Debit Card / Internet Banking option to pay the application fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of a fee. After successful payment, the candidate will be able to print the Application Form.
The candidate has to select e-challan option to deposit the application fee. One needs to take a printout of e-Challan and take it to the nearest branch of the Axis bank for making payment. After the confirmation of fee deposited from Bank/DTE, the candidate will be able to print the Application Form.
MAH CET Important Dates:
|MAH CET 2019 online registration date||The third week of January 2019|
|Closing date of application||The third week of February 2019|
|The release of admit card||Last week of February 2019|
|MAH CET exam date||The second week of March 2019|
|Announcement of result||The third week of March 2019|
|Mode of Examination||Offline|
|Number of Papers||2 (Paper I for Mathematics and Paper II for Physics & Chemistry)|
|Duration of Exam||1.30 hours for each paper|
|Total Number of Marks||100 marks (for each paper)|
|Number of Questions||100 (Paper-1 50 questions in Mathematics. Paper-2 50 each in Physics and Chemistry)|
|Marking Scheme||Every correct response in Paper-I will be awarded 2 marks, while 1 marks will be given for every correct answer in paper-II|
|Language||The paper I- in English only, while Paper-II in English/Hindi/Marathi languages|
MAH CET Syllabus:
- Verbal ability and reading comprehension: This section of the exam paper determines the grasp a candidate has on the English language. The question paper will comprise of passage, and questions based on the passage. Through this section, a candidate’s vocabulary, grammar, synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, comprehension is tested. To answer the questions, the candidate must first understand the contents of the passage, and secondly, use correct phrases, words, and expressions.
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section of the paper assesses a candidate’s ability to solve numerical calculations with speed and accuracy. To excel in this section, the candidate must have a good understanding of ratio and proportion, percentage, interpretation of tables, charts, and graphs.
- Logical/abstract reasoning: This section determines a candidate’s ability to think quickly and accurately. Candidates can expect questions on verbal reasoning or on diagrams and figures in this section.
MAH CET Admit Card:
The process for downloading MAH CET 2018 admit cards are now over. The date for downloading of MAH-CET 2019 admit cards have not been announced yet.
The admit card can be accessed by logging in to the DTE, Maharashtra website. The steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Visit the official DTE website
- Click on the CET 2019 tab
- Select MAH-MBA/MMS
- Click on the tab for downloading the hall ticket
- Enter username and password
- The admit card will appear on the screen
- Take a printout of the same
Candidates must make sure that they carry their respective admit cards to the exam hall since it is a mandatory document. Any candidate found without the admit card will not be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates are advised to take a printout of the admit card and keep it safe until the admission process gets over.
Once the candidate takes a print out of the admit card, the following details should be checked:
- Name of the candidate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Exam date
- Exam Name
- Exam venue
- Roll Number
- Candidate’s phone number and address
MAH CET Result:
MHT CET 2019 result will be announced in online mode tentatively in the first week of June. DTE Maharashtra will release the result only for those candidates who will appear for the examination. The result will be downloaded in the form scorecard. Candidates should keep in mind that result of MHT CET 2019 will not be sent individually to any candidates.
- Visit the result window
- Click on the result link and enter MHT CET 2019 application number, password, and security code displayed on the screen
- Click on ‘submit’ tab
- The MHT CET 2019 result will be displayed.
Candidates will have to download their result in form of MHT CET 2019 scorecard and keep it safe till the admission process get over.