KMAT (Kerala Management Aptitude Test) is a gateway to more than 169 AICTE approved university affiliated B-Schools (MBA, PGDM, and MCA) in Bangalore and Karnataka. It is conducted, under the administration of Karnataka Private Post Graduate Colleges Association (KPPGCA) in more than 10 cities.
This article will provide the candidates, all the details regarding KMAT 2019, including:
- How to fill KMAT 2019 Application Form?
- KMAT Rules & Regulations.
- KMAT Eligibility Criteria.
- KMAT 2019 Exam Dates.
- KMAT Exam Pattern.
- KMAT Exam Center.
- KMAT Admit Card.
- KMAT Syllabus.
- Important Books for KMAT Preparation.
- How to Check KMAT 2019 Result?
- KMAT Previous Year Cutoff.
- KMAT Preparation Tips.
How to fill KMAT 2019 Application Form?
To register for KMAT 2019, follow the procedure mentioned below:
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of KMAT for KMAT 2019 registration.
STEP 2 – Registration: The interested and eligible candidates can apply through online mode only.
The candidates need to register before filling the application form. After successfully registering, the candidates are assigned a registration Id and a password that is to be kept safe for future reference and for filling the application form.
After registering successfully, candidates must take the printout for future reference.
STEP 3 – Fill the application form only after reading the eligibility criteria carefully.
After filling the form successfully, candidates must take the printout for future reference (counseling and verification).
STEP 4 – Upload required images and documents: Upload the specified scanned images and documents.
Candidates have to make a scanned copy of passport size photograph (Max 500 KB) and Signature (200 KB).
STEP 5 – Submission and payment of application form: The payment can be done through online mode only, i.e. online (credit card/debit card/ internet banking). The registration fee is rupees 1000/-.
KMAT 2019 Rules and Regulations:
The rules and regulations mentioned below are exactly as mentioned in the brochure:
- Name: Write your Name as it appears in your School Leaving Certificate.
- Nativity: Tick the appropriate option to confirm your nativity If you do not belong to Karnataka state by either Birth or Domicile, please tick the option – Non-Karnataka candidate.
- Choice of Test Centre: Select your preferred test Centre city from the list of cities provided a Kindly note that once the city has been selected changes will not be allowed.
- Gender: Tick the appropriate gender.
- Applying for: Tick the appropriate test for which you are appearing Failure to tick correctly will result in incorrect processing of your score.
- Date of Birth: Enter your Date of Birth in DD/MM/YYYY format in the space provided.
- Stream: Tick against the stream in which you have obtained your graduation degree
- Address: Write your complete postal mailing address, including your first name in CAPITAL LETTERS. Failure to write the complete address might result in non-receipt of postal communication if any.
- Candidates who are applying for either MBA or MCA have to make an online Payment of Rs 1000/-
- Candidates who want to take up both the MBA and the MCA test will have to register for each test separately. Two separate Hall Tickets will be issued.
- Please make a photocopy of the application form proof of acknowledgement.
KMAT Participating Institutes:
- J. Institute Of Management
- Acharya Academy Of Management Studies
- Acharya Bengaluru B-School
- Acharya Institute Of Technology
- Adarsh Institute Of Management And Information Technology
- Adept Institute Of Management Studies & Research (Aimsr)
- Adichunchanagiri Institute Of Technology
- Aditya Insitute Of Management And Research
- Administrative Management College
- Aims Institutes
- Aishwarya Institute Of Management Studies & Research
- Alliance Ascent College
- Alliance University
- Allum Karibasappa Institue Of Management
- Alva’s Institute Of Engineering & Technology
- AMC Engineering College
- Amruta Institute Of Engineering
- Angadi Institute Of Technology & Management
- Anjuman Institute Of Technology And Management
- Annapoorna Institute Of Management Research
- Appa Institute Of Engineering And Technology
- Atma College
- Atria Institute Of Technology
- Avk Institute Of Management
- M.S.College Of Engineering
- Ballari Institute Of Technology And Management
- Bangalore Institute Of Management Studies
- Bangalore School Of Management Studies
- Bapuji B Schools
- Bapuji Institute Of Engineering & Technology
- Basaveshwara Engineering College (Atoms) Bagalkot
- Bharatesh Education Trust ( Global Business School)
- Bhavan’s Priyamvada Birla Institute Of Management
- Bheemanna Khandre Institute Of Technology
- Blade Associations As Patil College Of Commerce
- Bnm Institute Of Technology
- Brindavan College
- Cambridge Institute Of Technology
- Channabasaveshwara Institute Of Technology
- Chetan Bussiness School Institute Of Management And Research
- City College
- Cmr Group Of Institutions
- Cnk Reddy College Of Business Management
- Community Institute Of Management Studies
- Dayananda Sagar Academy Of Technology And Management
- Dayananda Sagar College Of Arts, Science & Commerce
- Don Bosco Institute Of Technology
- D. Veerendra Heggade Institute Of Management Studies & Research
- Ambedkar Institute Of Management Studies
- East Point College Of Engineering And Technology
- East West College Of Management
- East West Institute Of Technology
- Faculty Of Business Studies – Sharnbasva University
- Garden City College Of Science & Management Studies
- Global Academy Of Technology
- Global Business School
- Global Institute Of Management Sciences
- Gm Institute Of Technology
- Godutai Engineering College For Women
- Gopalan College Of Engineering And Management
- Gsss Institute Of Engineering & Technology For Women
- Gt Institute Of Management Studies And Research
- Guru Nanak Dev Engineering College
- Haranahalli Ramaswamy Institute Of Higher Education
- Hillside Institute Of Management & Academy
- Hkbk College Of Engineering
- Hms Institute Of Technology
- Iba ‘S Business School
- Ibmr Institute Of Business Management And Research
- Ifim Business School
- Indian Academy School Of Mgt Studies
- Indian Institute Of Plantation Management
- Institute Of Business Management And Technology
- Institute Of Excellence In Management Science
- Institute Of Management Education And Research
- International Academy Of Management & Entrepreneurship
- International Institute Of Business Studies
- Isbr Business School
- Jain College Of Engineering
- Jain College Of Mba & Mca
- Jain University
- Jawaharlal Nehru College Of Engineering
- Jnana Vikas Institute Of Technology
- Jnn Institute Of Engineering
- Jss Academy Of Technical Education
- Justice K S Hegde Institute Of Management
- Jyoti Nivas College Autonomous
- L.E. Society’s Institute Of Management Studies And Research
- S. School Of Engineering And Management
- V.G College Of Engineering
- Kalpataru Institute Of Technology
- Karnataka College Of Management
- Karvali Institute Of Technology
- Kls Gogte Institute Of Technology
- Koshys Institute Of Management Studies
- Kristu Jayanthi College Of Management And Technology
- Krupanidhi Group Of Institutions
- Kvg College Of Engineering
- Lingaraj Appa Engineering College
- S. Ramaiah University Of Applied Sciences
- P Birla Institute Of Management
- S. Ramaiah Insitute Of Technology
- Moodlakatte Institute Of Technology
- Mount Carmel College
- Msnm Besant Institute Of Pg Management Studies
- Mvj College Of Engineering
- Nagarjuna College Of Engineering And Technology
- Nandi Institute Of Technology And Management Sciences
- New Horizon College Of Engineering
- Nitte Meenakshi Institute Of Technology
- Imam Institute Of Technology
- Oxbridge Business School
- A College Of Engineering
- Padma Shree Institute Of Management Studies
- Patel Institute Of Science & Management
- Pes Institute Of Technology – Bengaluru South Campus
- Pes Institute Of Technology And Management
- Pooja Bhagavat Memorial Mahajana Education Centre
- Poorna Prajna Institute Of Management
- Presidency College
- Presidency University
- Proudhadevaraya Institute Of Technology
- K. Institute Of Management & Computer Science
- S.College Of Management And Science
- V.College Of Engineering
- V.Institute Of Management
- Rajarajeshwari College Of Engineering
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute Of Technology
- Rao Bahadur Y.Mahabaleshwarappa Engineering College
- Regional Institute Of Co-Operative Management
- Reva Institute Of Science And Management
- Rjs Institute Of Management Studies
- Rns Institue Of Technology
- J.C. Institute Of Technology
- Sahyadri College Of Engineering And Management
- Sai Vidya Institute Of Technology
- Sambhram Academy Of Management Studies
- Sb College Of Management Studies
- Seshadripuram Institute Of Management Studies
- Shirdi Sai Engineering College
- Shree Devi Institute Of Technology
- Shri Dharamshala Manjunateshwara College Of Business Management
- Shridevi Institute Of Engineering & Technology
- Shushruti Institute Of Management Studies
- Siddaganga Institute Of Technology
- Sindhi College
- M.Visveshwaraya Institute Of Technology
- Sjes College Of Management Studies
- Sri Gokula College Of Arts, Science & Management Studies
- Sri Sairam College Of Engineering
- Sri Siddartha Institute Of Management Studies
- Sri Siddhartha Institute Of Technology
- Sri Venkateshwara College Of Engineering
- Srinivas Institute Of Management Studies
- Srinivas Institute Of Technology
- Srinivas School Of Management
- Joseph Engineering College
- Aloysius Institute Of Management And Information Technology
- George College Of Management & Science
- Surana College
- Svmvv Sangha’s Institute Of Management Studies
- Svr College Of Commerce And Management Studies
- John Group Of Institutions
- The Oxford College Of Business Management
- The Oxford College Of Engineering
- Trident Institute Of Management Science
- Veerappa Nisty Engineering College
- Vidya Vikas Institute Of Engineering Andtechnology
- Vidyavardhaka College Of Engineering
- Vivekananda Institute Of Management
- Vivekananda Institute Of Technology
KMAT Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria are exactly as mentioned on the official website:
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with minimum 3 years duration/ Masters degree examination of any recognized education body in Commerce, Management, Arts, Social Sciences, Engineering/ Technology or equivalent, and have secured at least 50% of marks in the aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidate). Candidates in their final year of bachelor’s degree are also eligible.
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks. Candidates should have studied Maths at 10+2 stage or at graduation level.
KMAT 2019 Exam Dates:
|Commencement of online registration||3rd week of November 2018|
|Last date to deposit the application fee||3rd week of January, 2019|
|Last date of application||3rd week of January, 2019|
|Admit Card Release||Last week of January, 2019|
|Date of Examination||1st week of February, 2019|
|Release of answer key||1st week of February, 2019|
|Declaration of result||3rd week of February, 2019|
KMAT Exam Pattern:
- The Mode of examination: offline
- Type of questions: Multiple Choice Questions
- No. of questions:
- Medium: The question paper will be asked in English language.
- Maximum marks: 100 marks.
- The question paper is divided into three sections.
- Marking scheme: 4 marks are awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
- Duration: 2 hours.
KMAT Exam Centers:
The examination of KMAT is conducted across the following cities:
KMAT Test Cities
KMAT Admit Card:
The candidates can log on to the official website of the KMAT and avail their admit cards for KMAT 2019 by providing their registration id and password assigned.
KMAT Exam Syllabus:
The KMAT syllabus comprises of the topics mentioned below:
KMAT 2019 is proposed to be conducted with moderate level of difficulty without creating confusion in paper-pencil mode. The exam will have MCQs only. Section wise syllabus for KMAT 2019 is as follows-
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
English language ability would be tested through questions on Grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, synonyms, antonyms, comprehension of passages, etc. There would be questions on understanding of the contents of the passages and choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills. This shall include the passages with questions based on their contents to test comprehension.
Logical and Abstract Reasoning
This shall include questions to measure how quickly and accurately you can think. The section may have questions in sets as well individual ones based on Verbal Reasoning, analogy among others.
The questions in this section will be of matriculation standard. This shall include questions to know how fast and accurate you can work with numbers, do numerical calculations, understand various arithmetic problems involving ratio & proportion, percentage, interest, time & speed, etc. Apart from Arithmetic, the questions may also be based on Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry and parts of mathematics. This test also helps to measure your power of quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs & charts.
|Section 1 – Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40|
|Section 2 – Quantitative Ability||40|
|Section 3 – Logical Reasoning||40|
|Section 1 – Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40|
|Section 2 – Quantitative Ability||40|
|Section 3 – Logical Reasoning||40|
Books to refer
The books that are most preferred for KMAT preparation are:
- OP Sinhala for Quantitative Ability
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by TIME
- Quantitative Aptitude for MBA Entrance Examination by Guha
- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT and other Aptitude Examination by TIME
- Mathematics for MBA Entrance Exams by R S Agarwal
- The Pearson Guide to MBA Entrance Examination by Edgar Thorpe
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
- Verbal Ability by Wren and Marten
The candidates can log on to the official website of the KMAT and by providing their registration ID and password assigned they can check their score and tally it with the proposed cutoff to see whether they are qualified or not.
|Category||Percentage Cut Off||Marks equivalent|
|General||15% of the total marks||108 out of 720|
|SEBC||10% of the total marks||72 out of 720|
|SC/ST||7.5% of the total marks||54 out of 720|
KMAT Preparation Tips:
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as many questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.