Karnataka Polytechnic 2019
Karnataka Polytechnic is known as K.P.T, is a polytechnic university in Karnataka state, India. It was founded in 1946 and moved to its present 19-acre campus in 1954. The school offers the three-year program in eight different fields of study in Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics, and Communication Engineering, Automobile Engineering, Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Technology.
Karnataka Polytechnic admission procedure is administered by the Directorate of Technical Education, Karnataka. It is organized every year for admission in the first year of diploma engineering/non-engineering courses in governments/aided polytechnic colleges. The admission will be offered on the basis of the candidate’s SSLC/10th board scores.
The authority will release the notification very soon on its official website. Karnataka Polytechnic Admission 2019 is a state level examination conducted every year to offer admissions to eligible applicants. Karnataka Polytechnic admission 2019 is a gateway to get admission in the 1st year of Diploma courses in numerous Govt./aided Polytechnic colleges across Karnataka state. The admissions will be given on merit basis.
The various polytechnic courses offered by the board of Karnataka are;
- Part-time Polytechnic Engineering (PPE)
- Polytechnic Engineering (PE)
- Polytechnic Non-Engineering (PNE)
Application form filling procedure
Candidates should read the instruction given below related to the application form.
- Karnataka Polytechnic application form 2019 can be accessed from government & aided polytechnics institutions of Karnataka or through the online mode.
- Candidates can start the application form filling procedure from the second week of May 2019.
- The filled-in application form should be sent before the first week of June 2019.
- Candidates are advised to fill the details carefully in the application form.
- The completely filled in application form should be submitted along with relevant documents and bank Challan in person to the nearest:
- Candidates are also advised to keep the printout of the application form with them till the admission process.
Following are the steps prescribed to fill the Karnataka Polytechnic application form.
- Visit the official website (link will be given above).
- Open the link in new tab.
- Read the instructions given therein and download the application form along with the prospectus.
- Fill the details asked in the application form such as contact, qualification, personal, academic, category, etc carefully.
- Attach the documents required and paste the photograph in the given space.
- Pay the application fee and submit the application form at the designated centers after verification of documents.
- Also, take the printout of application form and keep it for future reference.
Candidates should compulsorily produce all the required documents in original with one set of gazetted officer attested photocopies of all the documents.
- SSLC or equivalent examination mark sheet
- SSLC/10th passing certificate
- Original TC memo/NOC from the past institute/college
- Original Transfer Certificate
- Recent Passport Size photographs
- Character Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Two passport size photographs
Application fee details
The candidates have to pay Rs. 100/- (Rs. 50/- for SC/ST/CAT-I categories) towards the application fee. The application fee can be processed through online mode and offline mode. Candidates can pay the fee through challan in any branch of State Bank of Malleshwaram Branch, Bangalore.
Examination Dates (tentative)
The given schedule is tentative in nature. The official dates will be published later on.
|Application form releases from the||2nd week of May|
|Last date to submit application form the||1st week of June|
|Releasing of merit list||June 2019|
|Starting of counselling||3rd week of June|
Candidates have to check the Karnataka Polytechnic 2019 eligibility criteria so they can check whether they are eligible to apply or not for admission. Below is provided Karnataka Polytechnic 2019 eligibility criteria contains Nationality, Qualifying Exam, Minimum Marks and Appeared Candidates etc.
The eligibility criteria to get admission in Karnataka Polytechnic institutions are given below:
- Nationality: The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates should pass Karnataka SSLC or equivalent exam from any recognized university or Karnataka Board.
- Minimum Marks: The candidate should score a minimum of 35% marks in aggregate.
- Appeared Candidates: The candidates those studying in the 12th class in 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Other Requirement: For both Engineering & Non-Engineering diploma courses, the candidate should have completed at least five years of study in Karnataka between 1st Standard and qualifying examination (the study of one class for one year will be treated as one academic year).
Candidates those applying other than Karnataka board have to produce the ‘Eligibility Certificate’issued by the Secretary, Board of Technical Educations, Bangalore.
The admissions through Karnataka DTE 2019 will be carried out strictly on merit basis. The eligible applicants will be selected based on the marks obtained in 10th standard or equivalent examination. The Directorate to Technical Education, Karnataka will prepare a separate merit list based on which 50% seats will be allotted to the applicants who have passed the secondary or equivalent examination. The rest 50% seats will be divided into different groups of society.
The procedure of counseling and allotment of seats will be carried out once the application process will be over. The counseling will start in the month of July 2019 tentatively. The applicants can apply their preferences of colleges during application form filling but the selections will be made strictly based on the number of available seats.
During the interactive counseling, candidates can opt the college and course of their choice at Online Interactive Counselling/Admission Nodal Center. If the selection is done then candidates have to make payment of admission fee in cash at the allotted polytechnic college before the last date.