Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test commonly known as IMU CET is an all India level entrance examination. IMU CET 2019 examination will be organized by the Indian Maritime University (IMU). This university offers variegated UG, PG, PG diploma & research courses in the field of marine engineering. Candidates can pursue B.Tech, B.Sc. M.Tech, BBA, M.Sc, MBA courses at Indian Maritime University campuses & its affiliated colleges.
Take a look at the programmes offered by the IMU:
Undergraduate programmes :
- 4-Year BTech (Marine Engineering)
- 4-Year BTech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering)
- 3-Year BSc (Ship Building & Repair)
- 3-Year BSc (Maritime Science)
- 3-Year BSc (Nautical Science)
- 1-Year Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science)
Postgraduate programmes :
- 2-Year MBA (Port and Shipping Management)
- 2-Year MBA (International Transportation and Logistics Management)
- 2-Year MTech (Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering)
- 2-Year MTech (Dredging and Harbour Engineering)
Postgraduate Diploma programmes:
- 1-Year PGDME: Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering
At present Ph.D programme is being conducted at IMU Visakhapatnam Campus.
Following is the list of participating colleges accepting IMUCET for BTech admissions:
- C V Raman College of Engineering, Bhubaneswar
- Coimbatore Marine College, Coimbatore
- Euro Tech Maritime Academy, Cochin
- HIMT College, Kilpauk, Chennai
- International Maritime Institute, New Delhi
- Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training, Pune
- Park Maritime Academy, Coimbatore
- RL Institute of Nautical Sciences, Madurai
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Mumbai
- Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune
IMU CET Application Form Details:
IMU CET 2019 Application Form will be available in the fourth week of March 2019. Candidates will get the IMU CET Application Form 2019 only through online mode from the official website. While filling the application form, the candidates will have to provide valid personal, academic and contact information.
Steps to fill IMU CET 2019 Application Form
- Registration – Firstly the candidates will have to register using their email id and mobile number.
- Filling the online application form – The candidates will have to fill the application form with their personal, academic and contact information.
- Uploading of documents – Next, the candidates will have to upload scanned images of their passport size photograph, signature, 10 th standard marksheet as proof of date of birth, 12 th standard certificate and SC/ST/OBC-NCL Certificate (if applicable).
- Payment of application fee – The required application fee has to be paid by the candidates in online mode.
- Submission of application form – The filled application form has to be submitted and printed out for future reference. An automated email and sms will be received by the candidates on successful registration.
Application form fee details :
Candidates can submit the fee through online (credit card/debit card) or offline (bank Challan) mode.
|Scheduled Caste||Rs. 700|
|Scheduled Tribe||Rs. 700|
IMU CET Rules and Regulations:
The candidates appearing for the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test 2019 must follow certain guidelines prescribed below –
- It’s mandatory for all the candidates to carry the hall ticket to the examination centre with their recent passport size photograph pasted on it.
- The candidates will not be considered eligible to sit for the examination if they fail to bring their photo ID proof and application fee deposit proof at the time of examination.
- Any type of electronic gadgets like mobile phone and calculators are not allowed inside the examination hall.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any printed or hand written material inside the examination hall.
- There should not be any kind of communication between the applicants inside the examination hall.
- Any candidate found violating the above mentioned guidelines will be disqualified.In addition appropriate legal actions may be taken against the guilty candidate.
IMU CET Eligibility Criteria:
The Eligibility Criteria for Entrance Test which includes the Age limit for Admission in Indian Maritime University 2019, Indian Maritime University Admission Qualification as follows. The Following Group or Category of Courses list is the Eligibility for the Admission in University.
The minimum age should be 17 years and maximum age should be 25 years on or before 1st August 2019. There is a relaxation of 5 years for reserved category candidates. Only unmarried candidates can apply for this exam.
For B.Sc: The Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination with PCM & English subjects and have to secure minimum 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
For B.Tech: The Candidates have to qualify 10+2/ equivalent examination with PCM & English subjects and must have to score at least 60% marks in PCM & 50% marks in English.
For B.Tech (Lateral Entry): The Candidates have to pass Diploma in Engineering.
For DNS: The Candidates have to pass 10+2/ equivalent examination or B.Sc or BE/B.Tech And PCM or B.Sc in PCM, Electronics with Physics as individual subject in one of the years. The Candidates have to secure minimum 60% marks in 10+2/ equivalent examination or not less than 50% marks in B.Sc & BE/B.Tech.
For M.Tech: The Candidates have to pass their graduation or equivalent degree from a recognized university and have to secure minimum 60% aggregated marks.
For MBA: The Candidates have to pass their bachelor degree from a recognized university and have to obtain at least 50% marks. Score 50% marks in English Subject in 10th/12th/ UG Degree.
- Candidates should be medically fit & meet the medical requirements as specified by DGS guidelines.
- Candidates have a good binocular vision. The vision should be 6/6 (normal) in each eye separately.
- For B. Tech (Marine Engineering), the vision should be unaided 0.5 (6/12) in each eye or 0.67 (6/9) in the better eye and 0.33 (6/18) in the other eye.
IMU CET 2019 Exam Dates:
The Indian Maritime University has announced the tentative schedule of the upcoming examination to be held in 2019.All the candidates who are appearing for the examination must understand the important dates provided.So, following is the complete schedule for Candidates –
|Online Registration Starts||4th week of March 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||2nd week of May 2019|
|(Except BBA programm)|
|Hall Ticket Release||2nd week of May 2019|
|Examination Date||4th week of May 2019|
|Result declaration||Last week of May 2019|
|Online Counselling Starts||1st week of June 2019|
|Last date for Online Registration||3rd week of June 2019|
|for BBA programme|
|Commencement of Courses||First week of August 2019|
IMU CET Exam Pattern:
|Total number of questions||200 for UG courses|
|120 for PG courses|
|Type of questions||Objective type – MCQs|
|Language of examination||English|
|Examination duration||3 hours|
|Marking scheme||Correct answer + 1 mark|
|Wrong answer – no negative marking|
|Subjects||For UG||Maths – 50 questions|
|Physics – 50 questions|
|Chemistry -25 questions|
|English – 25 questions|
|General knowledge – 25 questions|
|General Ability – 25 questions|
|For MBA||Quantitative aptitude|
|Subject from the field chosen by the candidate.|
IMU CET Exam Centres:
Following are the test centres for IMU CET 2019 –
- New Delhi
IMU CET Admit Card:
Registered candidates will be able to access their admit card of IMU CET 2019 tentatively in the third week of May 2019. All details regarding the examination centre, timings and more will be available in the admit card. Candidates will be required to carry the admit card to the examination venue since it is essential to be produced.
How to download IMU CET Admit Card:
- Candidates will have to submit their User ID and password.
- Click on Submit
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen. Candidates will have to check for any discrepancies and print out the admit card.
IMU CET Exam Syllabus:
For UG courses
- Parts of Speech
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Meaning of words/phrases
- Phrasal verbs
- Critical Reasoning
- Word Groups
- Structural Analysis
- Syllogism (Logic Syllogism (Logic based questions)
- Fill in / Completion of series based on Pattern / Logic, Data Sufficiency
- Data Interpretation
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Odd Man Out
- Boat & Streams
- Numerical Computation
- Numerical Estimation
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
- Height & Distance
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Analytical Reasoning
- Logic Reasoning
- Fault Diagnosis
- Abstract Reasoning
- Mechanical Reasoning
- Mixture & Allegation
- Numerical Reasoning
- Basic GK Questions
- Current Affairs
12th standard state board and CBSE syllabus
12th standard state board and CBSE syllabus
12 th standard state board and CBSE Syllabus.
IMU CET Preparation Tips:
Firstly, Candidates needs to make a detailed note of all the topics included in the Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test 2019 and should prepare every topic thoroughly.Knowing the syllabus will help students prepare efficiently.As the syllabus will be completely based on the XI and XII standard,it will be a little relief for the appearing students.
Here are some tips that would be helpful for the students to score better:-
- Download previous years question papers and sample papers for the exam preparation.
- Every equations and key points should be on the students fingertips.
- Candidates should also try to recapitulate all the topics frequently.
- Regular discussions on relatable topics with friends are very helpful.
- Candidates should not ignore the topics in which they are weak,if they have ample time for preparation.In case of less time they can do the vice-versa.
- Candidates should focus more on notes instead of textbooks as the are more effective.
- If they face any problem/issue he/she should clear it out with their guide in order to secure good rank.
- Last and most important revise what you study.
- Always be healthy.
- Always revise what you have learnt.
Important Books for preparation:-
- NCERT Part 1 & 2 Class 12th – NCERT
- Concepts of Physics Volume 1 & 2 – H.C Verma
- NCERT Chemistry Part 1 and Part 2 for Class XII – NCERT
- Physical Chemistry – P. Bahadur
- Arihant Maths Series for in depth understanding and practice – S.K Goyal
- Wren and Martin for High school English – Wren and Martin.
How to check IMU CET 2019 results?
The authorities will be announcing the result of IMU CET 2019 in online mode tentatively in the first week of June 2019. IMU CET result 2019 will be released in the form of PDF and the candidates will also be informed through SMS and Email. The result will consist of the candidates’ name, application number, rank, parent/guardian name, gender and social category. Candidates will have to remember that the result of IMU CET 2019 will be valid only for that particular academic session.
Following steps will guide the candidates to check and download their IMU CET 2019 results –
- Firstly, the candidates have to visit the official website of Indian Maritime University.
- Candidates have to log in to the page.
- To get a result, candidates have to enter the IMU CET application number and date of birth.
- Click on the “submit option”.
- Candidates have to take a printout of the result and can download it for future use.