Indian Council of Agricultural Research organizes the All India Entrance Examination for Admission. It is a national level entrance exam which is conducted once in a year to grant admission in the bachelor degree courses and master’s degree programmes offered by the various agricultural universities.
ICAR conducts All India Entrance Examination for admission (AIEEA) to fill 15% seats in Bachelors degree programmes. Apart from that, on the basis of AIEEA Undergraduate aspirants are awarded National Talent Scholarships in agriculture & allied science subjects in agricultural universities and 15% seats in dairy technology at NDRI Karnal.
Following are the courses offered by the ICAR AIEEA 2019 under UG program which is categorised into two streams –
Stream A: Agriculture/Biology
- Home Science
Stream B: Mathematics
- Agricultural Marketing & Co-operation
- Agricultural Engineering
- Dairy Technology
- Food Science
Candidates appearing for AIEEA PG exam are offered admission to fill 25% seats in masters programmes [100% seats in ICAR-Deemed to be Universities ] as well as doctoral programmes offered at accredited Agricultural Universities.
Following are the courses offered by the ICAR AIEEA 2019 under PG program which is categorized into two streams –
|Stream A||Stream B|
|Plant Biotechnology||Water Science & Technology|
|Plant Sciences||Home Science|
|Physical Science||Animal Biotechnology|
|Entomology and Nematology||Veterinary Science Agronomy|
|Social Sciences||Fisheries Science|
|Statistical Sciences||Dairy Science|
|Forestry/Agroforestry and Silviculture||Food Science Technology|
|Agricultural Engg & Technology||Agri-Business Management|
ICAR AIEEA Application Form Details:
Candidates can submit AIEEA application form for both UG and PG admissions in the online mode only.
- ICAR AIEEA 2019 application form will be available from the first week of April 2019
- After filling the application upload the scanned copy of the signature, photograph, and thumb impression (his left/ her right hand) and take a print copy of it. Fill and apply for the due dates.
- Candidates need not require to submit any mark sheet/certificate along with the application. After filling the online application, a candidate needs to take the printout of the computer generated confirmation page.
- Enclose the confirmation page along with a copy of bank challan (duly stamped by the bank) and send it to the given address through registered/speed post.
- The last date for receipt of hard copy of computer generated confirmation page will be the last week of April 2019.
- No correction will be allowed after the form submission.
The address for sending the hard copy of confirmation page along with fee payment receipt is :
A controller of Examinations (Agril. Education),
ICAR, Room No. 216, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan-II, Pusa, New Delhi–1100
Application fee details
Mode of payment
- Application fee can be paid by credit card/debit card using net banking of Canara Bank.
- Applicants also have the option to pay the fee through NEFT/bank challan of State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ).
|AIEEA UG||GEN, OBC, and UPS||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST and PC||Rs. 250/-|
|AIEEA PG||GEN, OBC, and UPS||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ST and PC||Rs. 300/-|
|AICE-JRF/SRF||GEN, OBC, and UPS||Rs. 1200/-|
|SC/ST and PC||Rs.600/-|
ICAR AIEEA 2019 Exam Dates:
The All India Entrance Examination for Admission has announced the schedule of the upcoming examination to be held in 2019. All the candidates who are appearing for the examination must understand the important dates provided. So, following is the complete schedule for Candidates –
|Availability of online application form||1st week of April|
|The last date to submit an application form||4th week of April|
|Last date to submit the hard copy of an application form the||1st week of May|
|Releasing the e-admit card||2nd week of May|
|AIEEA UG Exam Date||2nd week of May|
|AIEEA PG & Ph.D. Exam Date||2nd week of May|
|ICAR AICE-JRF/SRF (PGS) Exam Date||2nd week of May|
|Declaration of the result||1st week of June|
|Counseling||In the month of July|
ICAR AIEEA Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates those who will be satisfying all the eligibility criteria for the courses offered by the All India Entrance Examination for Admission 2019 will only be considered appropriate for the admission.
For UG courses :
- Age Criteria: The minimum age will be 16 years as on 31st August 2019.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must pass the 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with PCM/PCB/PCMB/PCF subject combinations.
- Minimum Marks: General/OBC/UPS category candidates have to obtain 50% marks for and 40% for SC/ST/PC category candidates.
- Appearing Candidates: Such candidates can be also eligible to apply but, they have to produce the proof of qualifying the examination.
For PG courses :
- Age Limit: The maximum age should be 19 years as on 31st August 2019 (should not have been born after 1st September 2000).
- Qualifying Exam: Candidates must have the bachelor’s degree in any respective field under the pattern of 10+2+5 (B.V. Sc. and A.H.), 10+2+4 and 10+6.
- Those passed the bachelor’s degree in the pattern of 10+2+3 can apply for IARI Pusa and NDRI Karnal.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates must secure 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PC categories) in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing Candidates: Final year candidates can also apply.
ICAR AIEEA Exam Pattern:
|Total number of questions||PG – 200|
|UG – 180|
|Type of questions||Objective type – OMR for PG|
|Objective type – MCQs for UG|
|Language of examination||English and Hindi|
|Examination duration||2.5 hours (150 minutes)|
|Marking scheme||Correct answer +4 marks|
|Wrong answer – 1 mark will be deducted|
|Total marks||For PG – 650 marks|
|For UG – 720 marks|
Segregation of marks and questions according to subjects
For PG program
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
For UG program
|Stream A||Stream B||No. of Questions||Max marks|
ICAR AIEEA Syllabus:
ICAR AIEEA 2019 Syllabus for Undergraduate Programme:
Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves, Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms & Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems.
Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Solid State, Solutions, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reaction, Hydrogen, s-Block, Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Preparation and properties of some important compound, Some p-Block Elements, Group 14 elements, Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Coordination, Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymer, Environmental Chemistry, Chemistry in Everyday Life.
The living World, Unit of Life, Diversity of Life, Organisms and Environment, Multicellularity: Structure and Function – Plant Life, Multicellularity: Structure and Function – Animal Life, Continuity of Life, Origin and Evolution of Life, Application of Biology.
Sets and functions, Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus, Vectors, and Three-Dimensional Geometry, Linear Programming, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics & Probability, Statics, Dynamics.
Agrometeorology, Genetics, and Plant Breeding, Biochemistry and Microbiology, Livestock Production, Crop Production, Horticulture.
ICAR AIEEA 2019 Syllabus for Postgraduate Programme:
Plant Biochemistry/ Bio. Chem., Plant Biotechnology & Molecular Biology/Biotechnology, Plant Physiology/Crop Physiology.
Plant Breeding & Genetics, Plant Pathology, Agricultural Microbiology/Microbiology, Seed Science & Technology, Plant Genetic Resources.
Agricultural Meteorology/ Agrometer, Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry/ Soil Conservation
Water Management/ SWC/ Irrigation and Water Management, Agricultural Physics, Agricultural Chemicals, Environmental Science.
Entomology And Nematology
Agricultural/ Horticultural Entomology, Nematology, Apiculture, Sericulture, Plant Protection.
Agronomy/Forage Production, Tea Husbandry.
AgriculturalEconomics, Agriculture Extension Education/ Communication Development, Agricultural/ Livestock Economics, Agriculture/ Veterinary Extension Education.
Agricultural Statistics, Statistics, Computer Application, Bioinformatics.
Horticulture, Vegetable Crops/ Sci, Olericulture, Pomology Fruit Sc., Fruit and Orchard Crops, Management of Plantation Crops, Fruit Breeding, Post-harvest Technology of Horticultural Crops/ PHM, Floriculture & Landscaping, Spices, and Plantation Crops/Medicinal and Aromatic Plants.
Forestry/Agroforestry & Silviculture
Forest Products, Silviculture, Forestry including Tree Genetic Resource, Agroforestry, Forestry/Env. Mgt, NRM, Plantation Tech. / P. Forestry, Wood Sc./ Wild Life Mgt, Wild Life Sc. (Forestry)
Agricultural Engineering And Technology
Soil & Water Conservation Engg./Water Resource Engg., Irrigation & Drainage Engg, Post Harvest Engg./Food Engg./Agril. Processing and Structure, Farm Implements & Machinery/ Farm Power and Machinery/ FP & Equip., Bio-energy including Renewable Energy Mgt., Agril/Irri. Water Mgmt.
Food & Nutrition, Human Development & Family Studies/Child Development, Home Management/Family Resource Management, Clothing & Textile, Home Science Extension/ Education/ Sociology/ Extn. & Comm. Mgt.
VeterinaryAnatomy( & Histology), Veterinary Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Reproductive Biology/ Ani. Reproduction, Vet. Medicine (Clinical and Preventive), Veterinary Parasitology, Veterinary Pharmacology and Toxicology, Veterinary Pathology, Epidemiology/Wild Life Science/ Wild Life Health Mgt. Vet.Virology, Vet. Immunology, Veterinary Microbiology/ Bacteriology, Veterinary Surgery / & Radiology, Veterinary Public Health.
Animal Husbandry/Animal Sci./Dairy Sci, Animal Genetics & Breeding, Animal Nutrition/Feed/Fodder Tech., Vet/Animal Physiology, Livestock Production & Management, Livestock Products Technology & Meat Science Tech., Poultry Science, Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Extension Education, Livestock/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Economics, Bio-Statistics.
Fisheries Sciences/Fish Hydrology/Fish Environment/Fish IT, Fisheries Resource Management/Fish Processing Management, 16.3: InlandAquaculture/Mariculture/Freshwater culture. Fish Processing Technology, 16.5: Aquatic/Fish Biology/ Fish Physio. & Biochem. Fish Microbiology/ Fish Pathology/ Aquatic Animal Health Mgt. Fisheries Extension, Aquatic Env. Management, Fish Post-Harvest Technology, Fish Genetics/ Breeding / Biotechnology, Fish Nutrition & Feed Tech. Fish Business Management/ Fish. Economics.
Water Science And Technology
Water Science and Technology.
Animal Biotechnology, Vet./Animal Biochemistry.
ICAR AIEEA Prepared Tips:
Firstly, Candidates needs to make a detailed note of all the topics included in the Indian Council of Agricultural Research All India Entrance Examination for Admission 2019 and should prepare every topic thoroughly. Knowing the syllabus will help students prepare efficiently
Here are a few helpful tips for the students to prepare for the Examination –
- Download previous years question papers and sample papers for the exam preparation.
- Always make a study schedule and follow it regularly.
- All formulae, concepts, equations and key points should be on the student’s fingertips.
- Candidates should also try to recapitulate all the topics frequently.
- Regular discussions on relatable topics with friends are very helpful.
- Candidates should not ignore the topics in which they are weak if they have ample time for preparation. In case of less time, they can do the vice-versa.
- Candidates should focus more on notes instead of textbooks as they are more effective.
- If they face any problem/issue he/she should clear it out with their guide in order to secure good rank.
- Always be healthy.
ICAR AIEEA Participating Institutes:
Following is the list of colleges accepting ICAR AIEEA in PG programmes :
- Anand Agricultural University (AAU), Anand
- Assam Agricultural University (AAU) Jorhat
- Acharya N G Ranga Agricultural University (ANGRAU), Hyderabad
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya (BCKV), Mohanpur
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
- Central Agricultural University (CAU), Imphal
- Chaudhary Charan Singh Haryana Agricultural University (CCSHAU), Hisar
- Chandra Shekhar Azad University of Agriculture and Technology (CSAUA&T), Kanpur
- Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya (CSKHPKVV), Palampur
- Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth (Dr. BSKKV), Dapoli
- Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth (Dr. PDKV), Akola
- Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar University of Horticulture and Forestry (Dr. YSPUH&F), Solan
- G B Pant University of Agriculture and Technology (GBPUA&T), Pantnagar
- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi
- Indira Gandhi Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (IGKVV), Raipur
Colleges accepting ICAR AIEEA in UG programmes :
- Anand Agricultural University (AAU), Gujarat
- Assam Agricultural University (AAU) Jorhat, Assam
- Agriculture University (AU), Jodhpur
- Agriculture University (AU), Kota
- Bihar Agricultural University (BAU) Sabour, Bhagalpur, Bihar
- Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswavidyalaya (BCKV), Mohanpur, WB
- Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishvavidyalaya (CSKHPKVV), Palampur, HP
- Dr. Balasaheb Sawant Konkan Krishi Vidyapeeth (Dr. BSKKV), Dapoli, MS
- Dr. Panjabrao Deshmukh Krishi Vidyapeeth (Dr. PDKV), Akola, MS
- Dr. YSR Horticultural University, Venkataramannagudem, AP
- Kerala Agricultural University (KAU), Thrissur, Kerala
- Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth (MPKV), Rahuri, MS
- Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology (MPUA&T), Udaipur, Rajasthan
- Manyawar Shri Kanshiram Ji University of Agriculture and Technology (MSKJUAT), Banda, UP
- Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology (OUA&T), Bhubaneswar, Odisha