Goa Polytechnic 2019
Goa Polytechnic is the entrance conducted for the admissions in technical diploma courses in the State of Goa. The governing body of the examination is the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa. The candidates can get an insight into the examination on the official website dte.goa.gov.in.
This article will provide you with all the details relevant to Goa Polytechnic, 2019, including:
- How to fill Goa Polytechnic Application Form?
- Goa Polytechnic Rules & Regulations.
- Goa Polytechnic Eligibility Criteria.
- Goa Polytechnic Exam Dates.
- Goa Polytechnic Exam Pattern.
- Goa Polytechnic Exam Center.
- Goa Polytechnic Admit Card.
- Goa Polytechnic Syllabus.
- Important Books for Goa Polytechnic Preparation.
- How to Check Goa Polytechnic Result?
- Goa Polytechnic Previous Year Cut-off.
- Goa Polytechnic Preparation Tips.
How to fill Goa POLYTECHNIC 2019 Application Form?
To register for GOA POLYTECHNIC, 2019, follow the procedure mentioned below:
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of, 2019 registration.
OFFICIAL WEBSITE: dte.goa.gov.in
STEP 2 – Registration: The interested and eligible candidates can apply through the online mode.
- There are two separate application forms which are to be filled and submitted along with specified enclosures, viz:
- Form F: for admissions to First Year of Diploma courses.
- Form S: for admissions to Direct Second Year of Diploma courses (i.e. Std. XIIth Science, Std. XIIth Vocational and ITI applicants).
- The candidates need to sign up before filling the application form. After successfully signing up, the candidates are assigned a registration Id (application number which will be used as a username later) and a password that is to be kept safe for future reference and for filling the application form.
- The application form can be submitted online or in person.
- After registering successfully, candidates must take the printout for future reference.
STEP 3 – Fill the application form only after reading the eligibility criteria and the instructions carefully. The candidates are required to fill in Personal & Educational Details.
After filling the form successfully, candidates must take the printout for future reference (counseling and verification).
STEP 4 – Upload of Documents: Candidates are required to upload the soft copies of the following documents along with the application form:
STEP 5 – An applicant seeking admission to one or more Diploma courses and covering one or more categories shall submit an applicable application form(F/S) in person, at notified application receiving center (DTE, Porvorim/Ravindra Bhavan, Margao), in his/her own handwriting. Application fee of Rs.1800/- is to be paid with each of the application forms submitted(Form F/ Form S).
GOA POLYTECHNIC 2019 Rules & Regulations.
The norms that are to be followed while applying for them, as suggested on the official website, are:
An applicant must enter all the Categories he/she is eligible and wishes to apply for. The applicant must note the following combination of categories is not permissible:
- Category 1 & Category 7
- Any of Category 1 to 9 (except 7) and Category 10 to 12.ie an applicant cannot combine any of the categories 1 to 9(except 7) with any of the categories from 10 to 12
- Request for change in Category will not be entertained after the last date of submission of application form.
- The last date for receiving an application at the notified Centre shall be as mentioned in the Schedule of the admission process in the Prospectus. Any request for granting an extension of time for submission of form or admission at a later date shall not be entertained. Application forms are to be submitted as per notified schedule before the last date specified. Enclosures of results, if not available by the specified date of submission, due to non-declaration of results are to be submitted within 05 days of the declaration of these results. Other applicable enclosures are required to be submitted by the specified date.
- The application form must be accompanied by attested photocopies of relevant certificates and testimonials as per the list in the application form. A recent (taken not earlier than 3 months from the date of application) passport size photograph should be affixed to the application form in the space provided. One more copy of the same photograph should be affixed to the Acknowledgement cum Admit Card.
- In case the applicant is admitted to any course, he/she will be required to submit the School Leaving Certificate or Transfer Certificate to the Principal as the case may be, within 15 days from the date of admission, failing which the admission shall stand canceled.
- The applicant claiming a seat in the reserved category of SC/ST/OBC is required to submit the caste certificate in the prescribed Proforma given in Annexure II & III from the competent authority. If the required certificate is not received by the due date, his/her application will be treated as an application for the general category provided the applicant fulfills the academic condition of general category.
- The receipt of application form will be acknowledged by the notified Centre. The applicant is advised to personally submit the application form on or before the due date, at the notified Centre. The notified Centre will scrutinize applications and accept only those forms, which are complete in all respect and issue acknowledgment cum Admit Card.
GOA POLYTECHNIC 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- NATIONALITY: Admission to Technical Diploma courses in the State of Goa is open to Indian nationals fulfilling the eligibility criteria under various categories. Non-resident Indians holding Indian passport may also apply for seats reserved under NRI category. Foreign Nationals must apply to Govt. of India under GOI nomination. Overseas Citizens of India (OCI)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders are eligible for admissions to seats under NRI Category only
- AGE: No age limit for admission to Diploma Courses has been prescribed.
- EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION
- FOR SSC+ /HSSC+ SEATS: An applicant must have passed the Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Goa Board or an examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or any other examination, which in scope and standard, is deemed to be equivalent to the SSC/HSSC examination of Goa Board, and must have obtained, the minimum percentage of marks as prescribed for the admission to respective Professional Courses, as under:
- Engineering Courses: Candidate must have secured a minimum of 35% marks in aggregate in the SSC (Std. Xth) or equivalent examination.
- Hotel Management & Catering Technology/ Modern Office Practice (MOP): Candidate must have secured a minimum of 35% marks in aggregate in the HSSC (Science/Commerce/Arts/Vocational) or equivalent examination.
- Pharmacy: Candidate must have secured a minimum of 35% marks in aggregate in the HSSC (Science) or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- FOR HSSC (SCIENCE), HSSC (VOCATIONAL) & I.T.I. SEATS (Direct Second Year Admission):
- HSSC (SCIENCE): An applicant must have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Science) Examination (10+2), with Mathematics as a subject, from Goa Board or an examination conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, or any other examination, which in scope and standard, is deemed to be equivalent to the HSSC(Science) examination with Mathematics as a subject of Goa Board, and must have obtained, the minimum percentage of marks as prescribed for the admission to respective Professional Courses and fulfil the residence clause applicable for general category. In case candidates fulfilling Residence clause are not available, vacant seats if any, shall be offered to other applicants passing Std. XII from the schools located in Goa, followed by other applicants passing Std. XII from the schools located outside Goa.
- Vocational Seats: The applicant must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. Higher Secondary School Certificate Vocational (10+2), from Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, and must have studied Std. XII (VOC)from the schools located in Goa and fulfill the residence clause applicable for general category. In case candidates fulfilling Residence clause are not available, vacant seats if any, shall be offered to other applicants passing Std. XII (VOC)from the schools located in Goa, followed by other applicants passing Std. XII (VOC) from the schools located outside Goa.
- ITI Seats: The applicant must have passed the qualifying examination i.e. ITI certificate after passing SSC, from Industrial Training Institutes in Goa, under the State Directorate of Craftsman Training, and fulfill the residence clause applicable for general category. In case candidates fulfilling Residence clause are not available, vacant seats if any, shall be offered to other applicants passing ITI from the Industrial Training Institutes located in Goa under the State Directorate of Craftsman Training, followed by other eligible applicants passing ITI from the Industrial Training Institutes located outside Goa, recognized by NCVT/SCVT. The applicants shall be eligible for admission to Direct Second year Diploma Courses corresponding to the streams of Vocational & ITI branches studied by them, as determined by the Board of Technical Education, Goa. Only branches mentioned in the following table have been recognized for eligibility to Diploma courses.
GOA POLYTECHNIC 2019 Exam Dates
|Commencement of application||May 2019|
|Last date of online application||The third week of June 2019|
|The issue of admit card||The first week of July|
|Date of examination||August 2019|
|Declaration of result||The second week of September 2019|
|Counseling||The fourth week of September 2019|
GOA POLYTECHNIC 2019 Exam Pattern
- Type of questions: Objective-type-questions.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking.
- A number of questions:
Goa Polytechnic 2019 Exam Center
The examination is conducted in the following cities:
- Tiswadi Cujira(Bambolim)
Goa Polytechnic 2019 Admit Card
The candidates can log on to the official website of the Goa Polytechnic 2019 and avail they admit cards for Goa Polytechnic 2019 by providing their registration ID and password assigned earlier while registering for the application form.
Goa Polytechnic 2019 Syllabus
The question paper comprises of questions from subjects taught by the Goa Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education, Porvorim, for Standard XIIth (Science) examination. It will include topics from the following subjects:- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology.
Important Books for Goa Polytechnic Preparation
The most recommended books for, are:
- NCERT Biology Class XI NCERT.
- NCERT Biology Class XII NCERT.
- A complete self-study Guide for B.Arch P. K.
- Concepts of Physics – Vol.1 H. C.
- Concepts of Physics – Vol.2 H. C.
- Problems in General Physics I. E.
- Complete Mathematics Mcgraw Hills Education.
- Comprehensive Mathematics Mcgraw Hills Education
- Organic Chemistry Morrison & Boyd
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry J. D. Lee.
How to Check Goa Polytechnic 2019 Result?
The cutoff is the minimum marks which are to be scored to qualify the entrance and be eligible for the counseling. The cutoffs of respective subjects for respective rounds of counseling are decided to depend upon the vacancy of seats.
The candidates can log on to the official website of the Goa Polytechnic and by providing their registration ID and password assigned they can check their score and tally it with the proposed cutoff to see whether they are qualified or not.
Goa Polytechnic Previous Year’s Cutoff
The cutoff is the minimum marks which is to be scored to qualify the entrance and be eligible for the counseling. The cutoffs of respective subjects for respective rounds of counseling are decided to depend upon the vacancy of seats and the level of examination (easy or tough).
Goa Polytechnic Preparation Tips
The two keys that will help you accomplish your goals are:
- Hard work.
- Smart work.
No doubt hard work is important, but working hard without a plan is no different than catching a train without any destination.
First things first, you need a plan. A plan helps you every step of the way and brings you closer to your goal. It saves your time of going back and forth and lets you move only in one direction and that is forward.
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline to every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice as many questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.