AP LAWCET (Andhra Pradesh Law Common Entrance Test 2019) will be conducted and managed by Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur on behalf of APSCHE, Hyderabad. This is a state level entrance test and is conducted once a year. Through this examination, candidates can get admission to the 3-year as well as 5-year law courses. Through this examination, candidates cannot only seek admission to state law universities of Andhra Pradesh but to other colleges which are affiliated to them.
How to fill AP LAWCET Application Form?
The AP LAWCET application form will be available online through their official website – https://aplawcet.nic.in/Default.aspx.
The candidate will have to register himself/herself by providing a verified email id and phone number where login details will be sent. After the registration process is completed, the candidate will have to use the login credentials to log in to the site and start filling out the application form.
Candidates will have to fill in the following details – personal details, academic details, course they wish to apply for, exam center preference and other necessary relevant documents as may be needed. The following documents will have to be uploaded – date of birth proof (SSC or equivalent certificate/birth certificate),10th and 12th standard mark sheets along with hall ticket numbers, residential status certificate, caste certificate (if applicable), income certificate of parents and certificate of special category (if applicable).
After this is completed, the application fee will have to be submitted.
The fee is Rs. 700.
Candidates can choose either debit/credit card mode of payment or select one of the AP online centers to pay.
If a candidate wishes to pay through one of the AP online centers then he/she will have to carry the following details – hall ticket number of the qualifying examination, name of candidate as well as candidate’s father’s name, candidate’s date of birth, hall ticket number of class 10’s examination and mobile number. On successful payment, the candidate will receive a receipt which will contain a transaction id. Using the transaction id the candidate will have to update their fee payment details in the official website. After this is completed, the candidate can continue to fill up the application form.
AP LAWCET Rules and Regulations:
Candidates willing to appear for the AP LAWCET 2019 examination must keep in mind certain rules and regulations as are given below –
- Candidates will have to pay a counseling fee after which they will be eligible for choice filling and locking.
- Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of marks obtained as well as according to the availability of seats.
- AP LAWCET will issue an official answer key through the exam conducting body only.
- If there is a tie in the marks obtained by two or more candidates then part C of the question paper will get first preference as a tiebreaker. If the tie persists, then part B will be given the next preference. In case the tie isn’t resolved by then, the candidate who is the oldest among all the candidates in the tie will be given preference.
- Since the answer scripts will be checked with immense scrutiny and tabulation, the SKU/APSCHE will not be accepting any requests for revolution or retotalling of marks.
- It is to be noted that marks scored in the AP LAWCET 2019 examination will be valid only for the 2019-2020 academic year.
AP LAWCET Eligibility Criteria:
The eligibility criteria for candidates willing to appear for the AP LAWCET are –
- The candidate must be an Indian national and must belong to the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Candidates who are applying for the 3-year law degree programme must possess a graduation degree in any subject from a recognized university and with a minimum score of 45%.
- In case a candidate has secured less than 45% in his/her graduation degree then he/she must pass in an additional graduate/post-graduate degree examination with a minimum of 45% marks.
- Candidates applying to the 5-year degree programme must have completed his/her two-year intermediate examination (10+2), with a minimum score of 45% and from an institution which is equivalent to and is recognized by the Board of Intermediate Education, AP, or University concerned.
AP LAWCET Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the AP LAWCET 2019 examination must keep the following dates in mind –
(P.S. – The time frames are given below are tentative and subject to change.)
- The AP LAWCET 2019 examination notification will be available from the first week of March 2019.
- The AP LAWCET 2019 application form will be available from the second week of March 2019.
- The last date of registration minus late fee will be in the first week of April 2019.
- The last date of registration with late fee will be in the second week of April 2019.
- The AP LAWCET 2019 examination hall ticket will be available for download from the second week of April 2019
- The AP LAWCET 2019 entrance examination will be conducted in the third week of April 2019.
- The provisional answer key and response sheet will be available in the fourth week of April 2019.
- The AP LAWCET 2019 results will be published in the last week of April 2019.
AP LAWCET Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern for the AP LAWCET 2019 examination will be as follows –
- The examination will be conducted online.
- The examination will be conducted in English and Telegu.
- There will be a total of 120 questions in the examination.
- Questions will all be objective in nature. Options will be provided from which the candidate will have to choose the correct option.
- The duration of the exam will be 90 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- For every correct answer, the candidate will be provided +1 and there will be no negative marking.
- The question paper will be divided into the following parts – Part A – General Knowledge and Mental Ability (30 questions – 30 marks), Part B – Current Affairs (30 questions – 30 marks) and Part C – Aptitude for the Study of Law (60 questions – 60 marks).
AP LAWCET Exam Centers:
The AP LAWCET 2019 examination will be conducted in the following exam centers –
Anantapuramu, Chittoor, Tirupathi, Kadapa, Kurnool, Nandyal, Nellore, Ongole, Guntur, Vijayawada, Bhimavaram, Kakinada, Rajamahendravaram, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, and Srikakulam.
AP LAWCET Admit Card:
The AP LAWCET hall ticket/admit card will be available for download online through the official website. It will contain information such as name, roll number, exam center as well as exam venue, candidate’s address and the like. It will be mandatory to produce the admit card in the exam center else the candidate will not be allowed to sit for the examination. The candidate must keep the admit card/hall ticket till the time of counseling, for future references.
AP LAWCET Syllabus:
The AP LAWCET 2019 examination syllabus for the 5-year course will include a question from the intermediate level (10+2) and the questions for the 3-year course will be set on topics related to general knowledge, mental ability, current affair as well as the aptitude for the study of law.
AP LAWCET Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the AP LAWCET 2019 examination must keep in mind the following preparation tips –
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
Important Books for AP LAWCET Preparation:
There are no specific books, which a candidate might read in order to prepare for the examination. However, a candidate might go through guidebooks for other common law entrance tests as well as general knowledge books, which might help brush up those skills. Since questions will include the intermediate level of study, looking into topics studied in 10+2 will also help the candidate prepare well for the exam.
How to check AP LAWSET result?
The AP LAWCET 2019 examination result will be published online on their official website. Candidates will have to provide their name and roll number in order to check their results.
AP LAWCET Previous Year Cut-Off
The cut-off to qualify for the AP LAWCET for general category candidates for previous years has been 35% or 42 marks out of 120. There is no cut-off available for SC/ST candidates. Candidates other than those belonging to the SC/ST category will be allotted seats only if they obtain the necessary qualifying marks.