AILET 2019 or the All India Law Entrance Test 2019 is a national level entrance test which will be conducted by the National Law University, Delhi. Candidates are eligible to get admission to the Delhi Law University (DLU) into the 5-year BA.LLB programme, 1-year LL.M programme as well as the Ph.D. programmes through this entrance test.
How to fill the AILET 2019 Application Form?
Candidates willing to appear for the AILET 2019 examination must register themselves through the official website – nludelhi.ac.in.
In order to register, the candidate will have to provide their name, contact number, email id, parents’ name, address as well as the date of birth. After filling in the details, the candidate will have to submit it. On successful registration, the candidate will have to select the college from a list of all the NLU’s and then on ‘click here to apply’.
On the next page, the candidate will have to select the course he/she wishes to study and then click on ‘apply now’. After this, the candidate will be redirected to the application form page where he/she will have to start filling out the form.
In the application form, the candidate will have to fill in necessary information according to the instructions provided and then upload a scanned copy of a passport size photograph.
Finally, the candidate will have to make the application fee payment – which can be done both online (through debit/credit card and internet banking) as well as offline (through post office). After successful payment, the candidate will receive a confirmation of the payment. The applicant will have to download the confirmation receipt as well as the completed form for future references.
The application fee category wise are –
General/OBC/Kashmiri Migrants – Rs. 3050
SC/ST/PWD –Rs. 1050
SC/ST (BPL) – Exempted
AILET Rules and Regulations:
For candidates willing to appear for the AILET 2019 examination certain rules and regulations with regards to the examination need to be kept in mind –
Reservation of seats –
BA LLB courses – SC – 15%, ST – 7.5%, PwD – 5%, Kashmiri Migrants – 1% and J&K – 2%
LLM courses – General – 75%, SC – 15%, ST – 7.5% and PwD – 5%
- There is no scheme for lateral entry under the AILET. Candidates willing to study under the Delhi Law University will have to apply afresh if they wish to study there.
- The AILET Spot Counselling round is the last round to provide admission to the waitlisted candidates. After that round, no other admissions are made or entertained.
- Qualified candidates are issued admission letters by the examination authority. On receiving this letter, the candidate must remit the admission as well as counseling fee, else his candidature stands canceled.
- AILET counseling will be conducted offline by the National Law University of Delhi.
AILET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
Candidates willing to appear for the AILET 2019 entrance examination must meet the eligibility criteria as is given below –
- B.A. LL.B (Hons) – Candidate must have passed his/her 10+2 examination from a reputed board of study with a minimum score of 50%. Candidates appearing in their final exams are also eligible to apply.
- L.L.M – Candidate must possess an LL.B or its equivalent from a recognized university/institute. Minimum marks scored in the last qualifying examination should be 55% (50% for reserved category candidates). Candidates appearing in their final year exams are also eligible to apply.
- Ph.D. – Candidate must possess an LLM or its equivalent degree in law from a recognized institute/university with a minimum score of 55% (50% for reserved category candidates).
AILET 2019 Exam Dates:
Candidates willing to appear for the AILET 2019 examination must keep the following dates in mind –
(P.S. – The dates are given below are tentative and subject to change.)
- AILET 2019 notification will be released on January 3rd
- AILET 2019 registration process will commence from 3rd January 2019 to 7th April 2019.
- AILET Admit Card will be available for download from April 14th
- AILET 2019 entrance examination will be conducted on May 5th, 2019 from 3 to 4:30 pm
- AILET BA.LL.B results will be declared on May 24th, 2019
- AILET LL.M results will be declared on July 2nd, 2019
- AILET Ph.D. results will be declared on 16th July 2019
- AILET 2019 counseling process will begin from 24th May 2019
AILET Exam Pattern:
The AILET 2019 examination pattern will be as follows –
- The exam will have a total of 150 questions.
- Each correct answer will be worth +1 and every wrong answer will have -0.25 deducted.
- The question paper for the LL.B exam will be divided into the following parts – English (35 questions), General Knowledge (35 questions), Legal Aptitude (35 questions), Reasoning (35 questions) Elementary Mathematics (10 questions)
- The LLM entrance paper will have 100 objective questions and 1 essay type question.
- The total marks for the exam will be 150 – 100 marks for the objective part and 50 marks for the essay.
- The Ph.D. entrance exam will have two separate papers – Paper I (Research Methodology) and Paper II (Research Proposal Specific Paper)
- Paper, I will have 100 multiple choice questions and for Paper II the candidate will have to submit a research proposal in 15 pages based on the topic of his/her Ph.D. degree.
AILET Exam Center:
The AILET 2019 examination will be conducted in 21 cities across the country. Candidate will have to choose one option from the given centers when filling up the form. The final allotted center will be mentioned in the admit card.
The exam centers will be in the following cities
AILET Admit Card:
The AILET 2019 examination admit card will be available for download on the official website from the 14th of April 2019. Candidates will have to carry they admit cards to the examination center in order to appear for the examination. If a candidate forgets to bring his/her to admit card then he/she will be debarred from giving the examination. The admit card will have to be kept secured until counseling sessions are not completed.
The candidates willing to appear for the AILET 2019 BA.LL.B examination must go through the syllabus – topic wise as is given below –
- English – Comprehension passages, Synonyms, Jumbled Words, and Sentences, Antonyms, Choosing Correct Words, Idioms and Phrases, Fill in the Blanks
- General Knowledge – History, Geography, General Sciences, Economics, Civics, and Current Affairs
- Basic Mathematics – Profit and Loss, Speed and Distance, Time and Work, Algebra, Average, Permutation and Combination and Venn Diagrams
- Legal Aptitude – Study of Law, Research Aptitude and Problem Solving Ability
- Reasoning – Logical and Analytical Reasoning Skills
AILET Preparation Tips:
Candidates willing to appear for the AILET 2019 examination must keep in mind the following preparation tips –
- Try preparing from and following good guidebooks, books common to other law entrance tests and NCERT books.
- Study each topic individually and invest enough time in all the subjects so that none of the topics are left behind.
- Time yourself so that you know where you stand with regards to completing the paper with or without time in hand.
- Practice mock tests. Mock tests are a way of analyzing the situation after you’ve prepared yourself. Solving mock tests will help you get used to the exam pattern and the types of questions you can expect in the examination.
- Eat healthily and stay hydrated. It is very easy to fall victim to panic and fear. In order to avoid that, try staying stress-free and tension free.
- Remember to read the rules and regulations of the exam clearly so that you don’t miss anything important.
- Take enough rest and sleep, as they are essential in keeping a healthy and fresh mind.
Important Books for AILET Preparation:
Some of the important books a candidate can look into for preparing for the AILET examination are
- General Knowledge 2019 by Prabhat Prakashan
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Legal Awareness and Logical Reasoning by AP Bharadwaj
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Past Year Question Paper for AILET by GKP
- India and the Contemporary World 2 by NCERT
- Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S. Aggarwal
- Legal Aptitude for AILET by GKP
How to check the AILET Result?
Candidates willing to check their AILET result can do so by logging into the official website. On entering the necessary login details, the candidate can download the result.
AILET Previous Year Cut-Off:
The AILET 2019 cut-off will be prepared based on the results of the entrance examination. It is usually declared separately for every category. By the NLU, Delhi.
The AILET 2016 BA. LLB cut-off was 98 out of 150 for General Category candidates, 65 for SC candidates, 60 for ST candidates, 58 for PWD candidates and 82 for Kashmiri Migrants.
The AILET 2016 LLM programme had the following cut-offs – 85 out of 150 for General candidates, 70 for SC candidates, and 52 for ST candidates and 65 for PwD candidates.
Similar Law Exams: