AIIMS 2019 examination is a national level examination, which is regulated by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. AIIMS MBBS exam is considered for providing admission to students in the MBBS programme offered by AIIMS, New Delhi, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Rishikesh, Bhubneshwar, Guntur, Nagpur, Patna, and Raipur. AIIMS exam is organized to offer admission in 807 MBBS seats offered by AIIMS institutions. This exam was conducted through CBT (computer-based test) in various cities.
AIIMS Application Form and Registration Details:
- Candidates, those seek admission into MBBS course, they can fill application through online mode.
- The registration will be done in two parts, i.e basic registration & final registration.
- AIIMS basic registration will be started from the month of January 2019.
- In basic registration, candidates will be able to fill their basic details and upload images.
- Upload scanned images of the Photograph (Size: 50 KB to 100 KB, Dimension: 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm), Signature (Size: 20 KB to 100 KB, Dimension: 3 cm x 6 cm) & Left hand thumb impression (Size: 20 KB to 100 KB, Dimension: 4 cm x 3 cm) in a jpg/jpeg/gif/png format.
- In final registration, candidates have to fill the remaining details and pay the application fee.
- Save a print copy of the downloaded application form/registration slip for admission purpose.
- There will not need to submit the application/registration slip to the officials via offline mode.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1500 for GEN/OBC (Creamy & Non-Creamy) categories.
- For SC/ST category, the fee will be Rs. 1200.
- Fee payment will be done during the final registration.
- Candidates will deposit the application fee through Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
|General||Rs. 1500||As Applicable|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC: Both Creamy and Non – Creamy Layers)||Rs. 1500||As Applicable|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||Rs. 1200||As Applicable|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||Rs. 1200||As Applicable|
The university will provide a correction facility only in some filled. So, candidates should fill the application carefully. Other details about AIIMS Application correction are given here:
- After the form submission, the correction/amendment/rectification/editing will not be allowed in these fields such as Name, Date of Birth, Category and Exam Centre.
- The correction in other fields is only allowed before the last date of registration.
- Candidates can make a correction in these fields such as Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Nationality, Gender, Marital status, etc.
- Correction in uploaded images will not be permitted.
AIIMS Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates must be citizens of India.
- OCI & Foreign National candidates are also eligible.
- The minimum age limit should be 17 years as on 31st December 2019.
- Passed class 12th(under 10+2 scheme)/SSC examination (CBSE) or Intermediate Science (ISc) or its equivalent examination.
- Pass the above qualifying examination with PCB& English
- Appearing Candidates can also apply.
|GEN/OBC & OCI Candidates||Score minimum 60% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English subjects.|
|SC/ST/OPH & Foreign Nationals Candidates||Score minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English subjects.|
AIIMS 2019 Important Dates:
|Application form starts||The first week of February 2019*|
|Last date for online registration||The first week of March 2019*|
|Correction window opens||The first week of March 2019*|
|Issuance of admit card||The second week of May 2019*|
|AIIMS MBBS exam (Announced)||May 25 and 26, 2019|
|The result will be declared||June 12, 2019|
|Publication of merit list||The second week of June 2019*|
|Counseling starts||Last week of June 2019*|
AIIMS Exam Pattern:
The AIIMS exam pattern details are mentioned below:
- Mode: AIIMS entrance exam will be held in online mode (computer-based test).
- Shifts: The examination will be organized in two shifts, i.e. 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM (Morning) & 3:00 PM to 6:30 PM (Afternoon).
- Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3½ hours.
- Language: The question paper will be provided either in English or in Hindi.
- Number of Questions: Total 200 multiple choice (objective & reason-assertion) type questions will be asked in the exam.
- Subjects: The questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge/Aptitude.
- Marking Scheme: Each correct response will get a score of one mark.
- Negative Marking: Each incorrect response will get a score of – ⅓ mark.
|Subjects||Number of Questions|
|Aptitude & Logical Thinking||10|
AIIMS Exam Syllabus:
Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Oscillations and Waves, Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases, etc.
Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Chemical Thermodynamics, s -Block Elements, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Organic Chemistry: Some Basic Principles and Techniques, etc.
The diversity of Living Organisms, Cell: Structure and Function, Human Physiology, Biology, and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its Applications, Ecology and Environment, etc.
Current Affairs Business, Punch line of companies, Top officials of big companies, Famous award and prizes, Major corporate events, World Records, Books and authors, Science, History, etc.
AIIMS Admit Card:
The hall ticket of AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be issued to only those candidates whose application form will be accepted by the authority. Aspirants can download AIIMS MBBS 2019 admit card from the link provided on this page. A candidate ID and password must be entered in the space provided to download the admit card. Students must carefully verify the admit card after downloading to check the details like name, address, roll number, photograph, signature among others have been published correctly. It is advised to preserve the AIIMS MBBS admit card 2019 until the end of counseling and admission process.
AIIMS Rules and Regulations:
- It is important for an aspirant to read the exam day guidelines provided by AIIMS, New Delhi to give their best shot without any hindrance.
- AIIMS MBBS 2019 will be conducted on two days across four shifts. Candidates will be randomly allotted their slot and hence, the details will be displayed in the admit card to know the exact date and time of examination.
- As per the timings are concerned, it is advised to reach the exam center at least one hour before the commencement of AIIMS MBBS exam. This will give them proper time for several pre-examination security checks such as biometric verification, photo capture etc.
- Aspirants should not carry any stationery items with them. The pens and the rough sheet will be provided by AIIMS authority outside the exam center. The rough work will only be done on the sheet provided and the back side of the admit card.
- Along with that, no electronic items, ornaments or text materials will be allowed inside the examination hall. No arrangements will be done for safekeeping of these items at the center.
- The only document to be carried inside the exam hall is AIIMS MBBS admit card 2019 along with an identity proof.
AIIMS, New Delhi will declare AIIMS MBBS 2019 result on June 12, 2019. The roll number-wise and rank-wise result will be released by the authority in the form of a merit list. Only candidates who will secure the minimum qualifying percentage can check their result. The merit list will include name, total scores, subject-wise percentile scores and qualifying status of qualified aspirants.
Along with the result, the individual percentile scorecards will also be released and can be downloaded by logging in with the required credentials.
AIIMS Merit List:
The merit list will be prepared by AIIMS, New Delhi, including the final scores of candidates who have qualified the entrance examination. Only aspirants included in the merit list will be called for counseling process, provided they must secure the minimum cut off percentile as set by the authority. Students called for counseling from the merit list will be four times than the number of seats available. Candidates included in the result-cum-merit list will be called for the first round of counseling.
AIIMS Cut off:
|Category||AIIMS MBBS 2019 Cut off percentage||AIIMS MBBS 2018 Cut off percentile|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||45%||97.0117712|
|Scheduled Class (SC)||40%||93.6505421|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40%||93.6505421|
AIIMS MBBS cut off for admission – The cut off for admission is the last rank at which the admission to particular AIIMS institute closes. Candidates can check the category-wise last rank in all 9 AIIMS institutes from the table below.
AIIMS MBBS Cut off ranks:
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi||53||236||1,081||NA|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal||647||1,516||8,657||22,120|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar||542||1,453||9,038||19,414|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Guntur||1,353||2,212||14,510||23,232|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur||459||919||1,641||NA|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur||1,324||2,168||13,638||23,875|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna||1,222||2,048||14,195||24,045|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur||1,145||2,074||13,607||NA|
|All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh||769||1,664||10,471||23,966|
Once the result is declared, candidates included in the merit list will be called for the counseling process as per their merit rank. From the year 2018, AIIMS, New Delhi has started conducting AIIMS MBBS counseling in online mode. The first round of counseling will begin in the last week of June 2019. Aspirants called for counseling and seat allotment procedure will be four times than the number of seats available. Last year, a total of 7,617 aspirants were qualified to appear for the counseling process. The counseling will be done in three rounds along with a separate open and spot rounds. During the counseling procedure, aspirants need to register themselves by entering the required details. During the registration process, candidates must provide their preferences of courses as well as colleges for admission. The result of the first round of seat allotment will be released in the second week of July 2019. Based on the choices filled, seats available and AIIMS MBBS AIR, the seat will be allotted to the eligible candidates.
Students included in the result of the first round of counseling will be required to report at the allotted institute for completion of admission process with documents to be verified. Once the first round of AIIMS MBBS 2019 counseling will be over, the authority will start the second round of counseling from the third week of July 2019.
AIIMS MBBS Seats and Reservation:
A total of 807 seats are offered for admission to undergraduate medical courses offered by AIIMS institutes. AIIMS, New Delhi has not released any official information regarding the seat matrix and reservations. Thus, it is expected that the total seats will be the same as the last year. If in case there will be any changes in the seat matrix and reservation of AIIMS MBBS 2019, it will be updated.
Until 2018, unreserved category candidates were eligible for 400 seats, OBC aspirants were eligible for 215 seats, while SC and ST category students were eligible for 121 and 64 seats, respectively. Of the total seats offered, 5% in each institute is reserved for PwD candidates. Only 7 seats in AIIMS, New Delhi has been reserved for Foreign Nationals. Aspirants can check the seat matrix of the previous year from the table below of each institute.
|AIIMS, New Delhi||50||27||15||08||5%||07*||107|
*Admission to these seats are not done through AIIMS MBBS entrance exam.
AIIMS Preparation Tips:
- Make a time schedule & divide equal time for each subject, i.e. Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Prepare from the class 11th& 12th NCERT books & other study material.
- Try to solve last year’s question papers & sample papers.
- Apart from the main subjects, you can also be updated with current affairs for the GK section of the examination.
- Practice & Prepare for Online mock tests.
- Take break time while preparing for the examination.
Related Entrance Exams: