Diploma in Education (D.Ed) is a certificate level course in Education Education generally means the process of receiving or giving systematic instructions, especially at a school or University. Technically, Education is the process by which humankind knowingly transfers it’s accumulated knowledge, skills, and values from one generation to another.
This professional course duration ranges from 1-3 years with the varying duration across Institutes. The course can also be availed on a part-time basis in certain Institutes The diploma course can even be pursued after successful completion of the 10+2 level of education in the science stream from a recognized Educational board.
The D.Ed has been righteously designed for training candidates in the field of education which would further nurture them to become a good primary teacher at the school level.
The course mainly aims to develop the following qualities, ineligible candidates –
- Speculative understanding of tutoring and training.
- Technical and insight values.
- An advanced mastery of the intellectual, social and psychological aspects of teaching.
- An executive foundation in theoretical and practical lessons convenient for effective teaching.
- Self-instruction appropriate to candidates’ skills.
D. Ed placement test is held for selection of eligible candidates for the program. The test is conducted by a scale of Educational boards and Universities.
Top Institute that offers D.Ed in India are as follows –
- Amity University – Lucknow
- ICFAI University – Dehradun
- Jamia Millia Islamia University – New Delhi
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University – New Delhi
- University of Lucknow – Lucknow
- Kamla Nehru Mahavidyalaya – Bhopal
- Bombay Teachers’ training college – Mumbai
- Ranchi University – Ranchi
- Government College of Education for Women – Coimbatore
- Lady Irwin College – New Delhi.
D.Ed Application Form Details:
All the Eligible and Interested candidates need to apply through online mode via filling the online application form. The Prospectus can be downloaded from the official website. After filling the online form, candidates need to take print out of system generated the application and save for future use.
However, most institutes offering the course of Diploma in Education admit students based on their performance in a relevant entrance test. Admission process generally varies across colleges. A few institutes also provide direct admission based on the candidate’s performance at the 10+2 level.
D.Ed Application Fees:
- Fees for General Category, Special Backward Classes & Economically Backward Class Candidates – Rs. 500
- Fees for Scheduled Caste (SC), Backward Classes & Differently Abled (Physically Handicapped) Category Candidates – Rs. 275
Payment can be done through online- net banking, debit/credit card. There will be extra service tax on debit/credit card payment while there is no any service tax on net banking.
D.Ed Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates those who will be satisfying all the eligibility criteria for the course of Diploma in Education 2019 will only be considered appropriate for the admission.
- Successful qualification of class XII from a recognized educational Board.
- Preferably, Humanities subjects as the main subjects of study at the 10+2 level, and a minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Interested candidates need to attend a common entrance examination. This test is conducted in almost all the states of India.
D.Ed Exam Dates:
There is no particular date for such exams as every Institute has its own exam s accordingly. Candidates can check the dates on the official site of the particular college or university they are applying for.
Listed below are some of the entrance exams conducted in the country for admission to the Diploma in Education course.
- Arunachal Pradesh D.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Assam SCERT D.Ed. Entrance Exam
- SCERT CG D.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Goa D Ed. Entrance Exam
- Haryana D.Ed. Entrance Exam
- HP D.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Jharkhand D.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Karnataka D.Ed. Entrance Examination
- Kerala D.Ed. Entrance Exam
- MP D.Ed. Entrance Exam
- MSCE D.Ed. Common Entrance Test
- ODISHA D.Ed. Entrance Exam
- SCERT Punjab D.Ed. Entrance Exam
- Uttarakhand D.Ed. Entrance Exam.
D.Ed Exam Pattern:
It’s same as above, there is no pattern for such exams as it varies with every Institute across the country. Many Institutes don’t even take any Entrance examination for the same.
Diploma in Education Entrance Tests
- Haryana Board of School Education D.Ed. Exam
- D.Ed. Common Entrance Test Maharashtra (MSCE)
- Madhya Pradesh Board of Secondary Education D.Ed. Exam
- Education in Emerging Indian Society
- Educational Psychology
- Secondary Education: Issues & Problems
- Information & Communication Technology
- Methods of Teaching I
- Methods of Teaching II
- Specialization – Any One
- Microteaching: 7 Skills, 3 lessons Per Skill
- The teaching of Subject I – 20 lessons
- The teaching of Subject II – 20 Lessons
- Criticism Lessons (Two – One in each method of teaching subject)
- The final lesson in Methods of Teaching Major Subject
- Work Experience: (Anyone Craft)
- Working with Community & Social Service
- Five Psychology Experiments
D.Ed Preparation Tips:
Firstly, Candidates needs to make a detailed note of all the topics included in the Diploma in Education Course 2019 and should prepare every topic thoroughly. Knowing the syllabus will help students prepare efficiently
Here are a few helpful tips for the students to prepare for the Examination –
- Always make a study schedule and follow it regularly.
- Candidates should also try to recapitulate all the topics frequently.
- Candidates should not ignore the topics in which they are weak if they have ample time for preparation. In case of less time, they can do the vice-versa.
- Candidates should focus more on notes instead of textbooks as they are more effective.
- If they face any problem/issue he/she should clear it out with their guide in order to secure good rank.
- Always be healthy.
Some of the popular professional approach open to such professionals of the discipline are listed below with the corresponding salaries offered for the respective positions.
- Career Counselors – 2,43,804/year
- Teacher – 3,01,462/year
- Professors – 9,13,567
- Article writer – 2,43,264
- Home tutor – 2,91,632
Books for preparation of Diploma in Education
- Education and Empowerment – Arya, Anita
- The right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education – GOI
- Teaching and Learning English as Foreign Language – Bhatia, K.K
- Learning Mathematics – IGNOU
- Philosophy of Education – Biswal
- Handbook of Modern Methods of Teaching – Rao, V.K
- Fundamentals of Educational Technology – Mangal, S.K
- From Blackboard to Web – Naseem, C & Alam.
How to check the results of D.Ed?
The result will be disclosed online on to the official website of the particular college or University and candidates can check their results on the official website by clicking on the Results link and then entering their roll number or by providing their registration no on the official portal. There the result will be displayed on the screen. Candidates can download the result from there.
Students who clear the Entrance Exam will be eligible for admission to the D.Ed course