CUCET 2019 (Central Universities Common Entrance Test) is conducted every year in the month of April as an entry-level examination for getting admission into 11 central universities of India. All the central universities conduct CUCET for shortlisting candidates and offering admission into undergraduate, postgraduate and P.HD. programmes of various disciplines. CUCET serves as a medium for aspiring candidates who are keen on studying from these top universities. Candidates should start preparing for the exam and collect all the information.
CUCET 2019 Registration Details:
Candidates must check out the eligibility criteria, registration process, tentative dates, rules and regulations, exam pattern and syllabus for CUCET. The registration process is completely online but the exam is offline (pen and paper-based test). The registration for CUCET registration will start in the 3rd week of February 2019. The application form process will end by last week of March and can be extended to 1st week of April 2019.
Make sure you check out the CUCET 2019 important dates.
Participating Central Universities
Following are the central universities of India which provide admission on the basis of CUCET scores, given that all the eligibility criteria are met and the documents are verified. Check out the list given below:
- Central University of Kerala
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Central University of Jammu
- Central University of Kashmir
- Central University of Karnataka
- Central University of Punjab
- Central University of South Bihar
- Bengaluru Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics
The admit card will be available for download in the 2nd week of April 2019. The admit card will not be sent to the candidate by post or any other means. The candidates will be sent alerts by mail and SMS regularly throughout the admission process. Keep in mind that you download the admit card from the website otherwise you will not be allowed to enter the examination venue.
The admit card will carry the personal details of the candidate as well as the date, time and venue of CUCET 2019.
Counseling For CUCET 2019
The counseling will be of two types; online and offline. The offline counseling will be held separately at each university. The counseling dates and venue will be announced after the declaration of result. For the online counseling, the candidates will have to pay an extra fee. Make sure you mark your calendars and appear for the counseling at the concerned university, once selected.
CUCET 2019 Results
The result for CUCET 2019 will be declared online in the last week of May 2019. The answer key will be available in the last week of April 2019. The candidates will be allowed to carry the question booklet and a copy of OMR sheet. This will enable you to match your answers when the official answer key arrives.
So, candidates can calculate an approximate score and check their final result on the official website of CUCET. But make sure you don’t forget to submit the original OMR sheet. Candidates will be allowed to address their grievances if they have any after the release of answer key.
How to Apply for CUCET 2019:
Candidates who wish to appear for CUCET 2019 should check out the process for registration. The registration process will be completely online and will start in the 3rd week of February 2019, tentatively. The registration will close in the 3rd week of March or 1st week of April 2019.
Before applying for the exam, check whether you are eligible or not. Every university has different eligibility criteria. Make sure you go through all of that before applying to a particular university and a particular course.
The steps for registration are as follows:
1. CREATE AN ACCOUNT
- Users who already have an account can sign in with their username and password.
- Enter your full name, Email ID, phone number and verify the same.
- Now students must enter their date of birth.
- Create a unique username. This will be crucial for the future when you log in again.
- Create a strong password which has lower and upper case alphabets, special characters and numbers.
- Your account has been created. Save your credentials for future reference. This is essential when you want to edit or make any correction in the application form.
2. Enter COMMUNICATION DETAILS
- Candidates have to enter their correspondence address and a permanent address for future correspondence.
- Candidates must enter a valid Email ID and mobile number as they will be getting alerts throughout the registration process through SMS and emails.
3. COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION FORM
- Upload your photograph and signature of the required size and format. This photograph will appear on the candidate’s admit card. The admit card has to be carried on the day of examination.
- Enter the work experience if you have any.
- Enter your gender, category, and domicile.
- Enter your educational qualification and the percentage of marks secured.
- Select the 3 universities you want to send your score to. You can select a maximum of 3 programmes which are included in the registration fee. An additional fee will be charged if you want to select more universities.
- Enter you Aadhar number and upload the image of the required size and format.
- Select two examination centers of your choice. Take a look at test centers here https://www.cucetexam.in/Document/Test_Cities_2018.pdf.
4. MAKE THE PAYMENT
- Preview and edit the application form before making the payment.
- Complete the registration process by paying the fee online using Debit Card, Credit Card, or Internet Banking. The payment can also be made offline through Challan.
- The application fee for General and OBC candidates is 800 and Rs. 350 for SC/ST candidates.
- The PWD candidates are exempted from paying the fee.
- For choosing additional programmes, the fee is Rs 800 for General/OBC candidates and Rs. 350 for PWD candidates.
CUCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The candidates must check out the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination. Without fulfilling the eligibility criteria, the admission will be canceled. The eligibility criteria are different for different universities and different programmes. The official eligibility criteria for CUCET 2019 are not out yet. But we will give you last year’s details just to give some idea.
Some of the common or basics criteria for all universities are:
- For UG courses: The candidate must have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board
- For PG courses: The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field from a recognized university.
- For research programmes: The candidate must have a Master’s degree in the relevant field from a recognized university.
For university-wise eligibility criteria visit https://www.cucetexam.in/ and click on ‘Universities’.
CUCET 2019 Important Dates:
The candidates who are interested in getting admission in the 11 central universities of India should check out the important dates of CUCET 2019. The official schedule for CUCET 2019 has not arrived yet. We will give out tentative dates based on the schedule of previous years. This article gives out tentative dates when the registration opens and ends, the date of examination, the admit card, the answer key, grievances and result date.
Make sure you stay tuned to our website until the official schedule arrives. Check out the table below for more details:
|Registration Opens||3rd week of February 2019|
|Registration Ends||3rd week of March 2019; Extended till 1st week of April 2019|
|The release of Admit Card||2nd week of April 2019|
|CUCET Exam Date||Last week of April, 2019|
|Release of Answer Key||1 or 2 days after the exam|
|Grievances, if any||1st week of May 2019|
|Second Release of Answer Key with correction||2nd week of May 2019|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of May 2019|
CUCET 2019 Rules And Regulations:
Check out the rules and regulations that need to be kept in mind while applying and preparing for CUCET 2019:
- Candidates must check out the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination online. If these eligibility criteria are not fulfilled, his or her admission is liable to be canceled. Even if you qualify the exam you will not be given admission if the eligibility criteria are not met.
- Candidates should have their own valid email ID and mobile number. They will be sent alerts throughout the admission process. Make sure that the ‘do not disturb’ mode is deactivated.
- Make sure you have a scanned recent digital photograph of size between 10kb-50kb. The background should be light and the candidate must look straight into the camera. There should be no red-eye or squint-eye. Candidates who have glasses should make sure there is no reflection and the eyes can be seen properly. The application will be canceled if the photograph is not clear.
- Candidates must also have a scanned image of their signature. The signature should be on plain white paper with a black ink The size should be between 10kb-50kb. The signature on the OMR sheet will be matched with the signature on hall ticket.
- Applicants should enter their details correctly while filling up the application form Complete the registration by paying the fee online or offline.
- Candidates can edit their details anytime by logging in using their username and password. For this purpose, candidates have to create an account before registration. Make sure you submit the application form before the deadline.
- The application form must be submitted only online. No offline submission is accepted.
- Candidates should appear for the exam they have registered for and not any other programme.
- CUCET is organized jointly by 11 central universities and Bengaluru Dr. B.R. Ambedkar School of Economics.
- For reservation policy, students should check out the official website of the university they wish to apply for.
- The choice of test center cannot be altered after the submission of application form. If a test center has less than 100 candidates, it can be canceled and the candidate will be allotted the nearest test center.
- The candidates can select a maximum of 3 universities and a maximum of 3 courses in each university at the time of registration. If the candidate wishes to select more universities, he or she has to pay an additional fee for that. Check out the application fee for CUCET on our website.
- The candidates who are in the final year of graduation will be allowed to appear provisionally. They have to submit a written consent of the head of the department. The candidate also has to submit the final year result when it arrives within a given time frame.
- Candidates have to fill the OMR sheet The unanswered questions will not be considered for evaluation. The questions that are not filled properly will be considered wrong with negative marking.
- The candidates cannot pursue two programmes from two universities at the same time.
- If a candidate needs to answer X number of questions from Y number of questions but answers all the questions. Then the best answers will be selected.
- For integrated programmes of MBA/LLB/MCA/B. Voc., there will be only one exam of 100 questions from English language, General Awareness, Data Interpretation, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning.
- If a candidate is found using unfair means, he or she will be disqualified from giving the exam.
- The seats will be allotted on the basis of the merit list after the declaration of result. Visit the official website of concerned university after the exam for more details on counseling.
CUCET 2019 Preparation Tips:
How to Crack CUCET?
The key to success is to make a proper study plan and sticking to it. Here is the preparation guide on how to crack CUCET 2019:
STRATEGIC STUDY PLAN:
Aspirants should find out about all the details about CUCET 2019 and make a proper study plan. Making a study plan or a timetable helps students to learn time management. Try to allow time to each subject according to its weight in the examination. A proper study plan also helps students to gain confidence before the exam. Collect the study such as reference books of good authors that will help you develop good concepts and in-depth analysis of each topic.
A competitive exam is all about the speed and accuracy. Only by practicing daily and maintaining a proper consistency can a student gain both the qualities. It will be beneficial on the day of the exam as students will have a proper idea of how much time they have to spend on a particular question. Never waste much time on a particular question. Always attend such questions after the rest of the questions are over.
Without proper revision, you may not remember everything on the day of exam even after studying everything. Success requires both hard work and smart work. Always make short notes of key formulas and important concepts. Take out at least half an hour to brush up these short notes daily. This will help your current subject keep in tune with the previous subject. With time and practice, the revision will take less time to complete.
PRACTICE MOCK TESTS:
This is the final and most important part of your preparation. Test your knowledge and practice by revising and solving at least one mock test paper daily within three hours. You can also solve some previous year CUCET question papers for more practice. Analyse your weaknesses and work on them.
Candidates are advised to follow these tips, and they will surely get success in the upcoming CUCET 2019 examination. All the best!