There are ten Central Universities, which jointly grants admission to aspirants for undergraduate, post-graduate, research, and integrated program. These 10 universities are established by an act of Parliament and Bengaluru Dr. B. R. Ambedkar School of Economics registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act of 1960. Below are the universities which will participate:
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of Jammu
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Central University of Karnataka
- Central University of Kashmir
- Central University of Kerala
- Central University of Punjab
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of South Bihar
- Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Bengaluru Dr. B. R. Ambedkar School of Economics
Following is the list of programmes granted by the ten Central University:
- 40 Under-graduate and Integrated Programmes.
- 154 Post-graduate, B.Ed., and Post-graduate Diploma Programmes.
- 73 Research Programmes.
About CUCET 2018:
CUCET 2018, an online entrance exam, is conducted jointly by the act of Parliament and Karnataka. The Central University of Rajasthan will conduct CUCET 2018. To get admission, candidates should have to appear for the exam.
CUCET 2018 Registration:
Candidates can register for CUCET 2018 from 19th February 2018 on the official website https://www.cucetexam.in. Candidates should register before 26th March 2018. After this, aspirants will not be able to apply for the examination.
CUCET 2018 Application Form:
Candidates can apply for CUCET 2018 from 19th February 2018 on the official website. There is only one mode to apply for the exam, there is no offline mode for the exam. Upon visiting the page, aspirants can apply by clicking on the link “Apply” button present on the Home page. After this, they can choose a course. After clicking on the “Apply” Button again, the application form will be opened in a new window.
Candidates will be asked to fill the application details correctly. They will be asked to fill the personal details, academic details, communication details, a center for the written exam and at last, they will be asked for declaration. Candidates will be asked to upload a recent photograph and signature on the application form.
To fill the complete application form, candidates will have to go through 8 stages. Candidates must pay the application form. Otherwise, the form will be accepted. Fee for different categories is given below:
Note: If a candidate wants to apply for more than one university, they will be asked to pay a fee for the individual university. Applying for more than three universities is not allowed.
Aspirants can pay the application via online or offline mode. For offline mode, candidates can pay the fee through offline challan mode. On the complete submission of the application fee, applicants will get an e-mail to the registered mail id in the online case. On offline mode, the bank will give a message after 3-4 days. An SMS will be sent to the successfully registered candidates.
Candidates can correct their mistakes, if made, while filling application form till 3rd April to 4th April 2018. After this, their details given will be taken as final.
If the candidates do not get a confirmation mail, then they can send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the aspirants should check the eligibility criteria sincerely as different universities have their different criteria. Below are the certain points which are mandatory to get admission into the University:
- For the undergraduate program, a candidate should be 10+2 pass from a recognized board. Candidate should have a minimum of 55% aggregate from a recognized university. A student appearing in final year can apply for the examination. But he/she should submit their degrees at the time of counseling.
- For the post-graduate program, a candidate should have a bachelor’s degree.
- For a Masters in Philosophy, a candidate should have a Master’s degree with at least 55% (for 50% SC/ST).
- For Ph.D. programs, the candidate should have M.Phil. degree or should be qualified UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET/SLET and should have a minimum of 55% aggregate.
Exam Dates & Pattern:
CUCET 2018 will be conducted in various cities on 28th and 29th April 2018. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the Central University by entering their name, father’s name, registration number, and date of birth.
For the Under-graduate as well as Post-graduate programs, there will be an offline examination. Candidates will be required to answer on OMR sheets. All the question paper will consist of multiple choice type. For undergraduate courses, the Question paper will be of 100 marks and divided into two parts-
- Part A: There will be 25 multiple choice questions divided into four sections in this part which are explained below:
- General Awareness
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Analytical Skills
- Part B: This part contains questions from the domain knowledge and will have 75 multiple choice questions. It may have three/four/five sections. Generally, each section contains 25 questions. A candidate will have the choice to choose any three section (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology) and answer the questions of that section.
To get admission into an integrated program like LLB or MBA or MSc, there will be only one paper which will have 100 questions divided into following sections:
- English Language
- Data Interpretations/Numerical Ability
- General Awareness
- Analytical Skills
Candidates will be given a time period of two hours to solve each part of the question paper. For each correct answer, candidates will be awarded one mark. There will be negative marking. 0.25 mark will be subtracted if an answer goes wrong. Questions not attempted will not be considered and hence will not be considered while preparing merit. After examination, candidates can take question paper and a duplicate copy of OMR sheet to home.
Answer keys will be uploaded candidates can check their answers on the official website on 30th April 2018. Candidates can file for grievance against their doubts till 4th May 2018 through e-mail at email@example.com. Final answer key will be released on 12th May 2018. The result of the online examination will be declared on 25th May 2018. Candidates can check their result on official website of Central University.
After written exam, candidates will be called for a group discussion round and a personal interview round as per the university rules. Written test carries a weight of 60% and 40% weight to interview.
Note: Candidates who have scores of NET/JRF/SLET are exempted for the written exam.
College authority will prepare a merit list on the basis of marks scored by the students. Candidates should take a print out of result for future reference. After the release of the merit list, counseling process will be held for the selected students. Students are called for the participation as per their rank scored in the exam. Seats will be allocated as per their rank. Candidates will be required to pay separately for the counseling.
CUCET 2018 Syllabus:
As discussed above, CUCET question paper consists of various fields like general knowledge, mathematical ability, reasoning, English, physics, etc. So the candidates are advised to follow the syllabus thoroughly.
For Under-graduate Programs:
- Physics: Measurement, Law of Motion, Motion in two dimensions, Work and Energy, Linear Momentum, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Oscillatory Motion, Mechanics of Solid and fluids, Thermodynamics, Wave, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current, Ray Optics, Wave Optics, Modern Physics
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Redox Reactions, Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics, Acid-base concepts, Electrochemistry, Periodic Table, Thermochemistry, General Organic Chemistry, Isomerism, Polymers, Solid State, Petroleum
- Mathematics: Algebra, Probability, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Calculus, Vectors, Dynamics, Statics,
- Biology: Zoology, Botany
For Post-graduate Programs:
There will be only one test paper for this session. The question paper will comprise of 100 MCQs from the following discipline. i.e. English, Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning, General Aptitude, and General Knowledge.
Documents required after Counselling:
Following are the list of documents required after counseling:
- 10th and 12th mark-sheets and certificates.
- The degree of their respective courses.
- AADHAR Card
- Caste Certificate
- Character Certificate
- CUCET 2018 Admit Card
- Transfer Certificate
CUCET Preparation tips:
- Make a proper timetable. All the candidates should follow a proper timetable
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly. After this, candidates should only focus on the prescribed syllabus.
- Start making short notes for final revision. This will candidates to revise everything before few days of examination.
- Start solving previous year question papers. This will give an idea about the type of questions asked in the exam.