Council of Scientific and Industrial Research, University Grants Commission, National Eligibility Test, commonly known as CSIR UGC NET, is conducted twice a year to provide research fellowships to the most praiseworthy and justifiable candidates for training under the expert guidance of faculty members/ scientists.
This test not only provides fellowship but also determines the eligibility of candidates for lectureship positions in University/ colleges. Those who take this examination are eligible for lectureship as well, subject to the eligibility criteria laid down by UGC.
All the information pertinent to the examination is cited in the sections below, followed by the thorough registration process, application form details, rules and regulations, eligibility criteria for the examination, important dates, examination pattern and syllabus for examination.
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Registration Procedure:
The steps to be followed for registration are:
STEP 1 – Visit the official website of Human Resource Development Group
Council of Scientific & Industrial Research i.e., http://www.csirhrdg.res.in.
STEP 2 – Click the link saying “Apply Online”. First-time candidates are supposed to register before filling the application form. After the registration is complete a verification email is sent to the email id as provided during the registration. After the candidates complete the registration process, a registration number is generated that the candidates must keep safe.
STEP 3 – Fill the application form: Login using the credentials, i.e., the registration number and password generated in the previous step and fill the application form. Preview the application and check for errors and correct if any.
STEP 4 – Upload the documents: The documents that are required to be uploaded are:
|01.||Scanned recent passport size photograph||· Background: Light.
· Format: JPEG/ JPG.
· Dimension: 35mm width x 45mm height (Max. 280×360 pixels; Min. 150×180 pixels).
· Maximum File size: 150 KB.
|02.||Scanned Signature||· Format: JPEG/ JPG.
· Dimension: 35mm width x 15mm height (Max. 280×120 pixels; Min. 100×40 pixels).
· Maximum File size: 150 KB.
|03.||Qualifying final/last marksheet or testimonials||Clearly mentioning the semester that you are pursuing or passed with a clear indication of % of mark scored, to confirm your eligibility to take the exam. The candidates are to note that the uploaded document should clearly indicate the % of mark scored or the grade awarded by the Institute/University. (PDF format; File size should be less than 400KB).|
|04.||Category Certificate||As proof that you belong to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer) (PDF format; File size should be less than 400KB).|
|05.||PwD Certificate||Maximum file size: 400 KB|
|06.||Candidates applying under Result Awaited (RA) category||Upload the Attestation Form duly attested by the HoD of the University/College/Institute (PDF format; File size should be less than 400KB|
STEP 5 – After successful submission of ONLINE Application, an Application Number will be autogenerated. Candidates are advised to preserve the Application Number for future reference and for downloading his/her e-Admit Card. Candidates should also keep a print (hardcopy) of the duly filled in application form for future use. Candidates are also advised to note down the e-mail ID and Password for future reference.
STEP 6 – Make payment: Candidates applying for the Examination are required to use payment gateway facility to deposit their Examination fee only through Credit Card or Debit Card or Net Banking after verifying their eligibility. Candidates are not required to pay any transaction charges for using payment gateway facility
Registration Fee Details:
|Category||Registration fee (in rupees)|
|OBC – noncreamy layer||500/-|
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Application Form Details:
The candidates are required to fill in the following details/ fields in the application form:
- Parent’s name
The candidates are strictly advised to give primary contact details that they actively use.
- Email id.
- Mobile number.
- Details of matriculation.
- Detail of 12th
- Graduation details.
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Rules and Regulations:
The rules and regulations mentioned below are exactly as per the guidelines laid down by the Human Resource Development Group Council of Scientific & Industrial Research:
- Candidates are required to bring a photo identity card such as voter ID Card/PAN Card/Driving License /Adhaar Card/Photo ID Card issued PSU/Central/State Govt./ID Card issued by University/College, along with a printout of their online e-Admit Card on the day of examination.
- While applying for this test, please ensure that you fulfill all the eligibility conditions and follow all the laid down procedures/guidelines for this test.
- Facility for downloading e-Admit Cards to the registered candidates will be provided on our website www.csirhrdg.res.in. E-Admit Card will not be sent by post. No duplicate e-admit card shall be issued to the candidates at the Exam Centre. CSIR will not be responsible for any delay on the part of the candidates.
- The Test Booklet for this test will be printed in Hindi & English Version. The candidate opting for Hindi medium in the Application Form will be supplied bilingual Test Booklet and Candidate opting for English medium will be supplied Test Booklet printed in English Version only. Candidates are required to answer in the medium as per option exercised in the Application Form.
- The actual number of questions in each Part and Section to be asked and attempted may vary from subject to subject.
- A candidate should submit only one application. If a candidate submits more than one application, only the latter/last application will be considered.
- The candidate should exercise due care in filling up the application form. In case of any error on the part of the candidate, he/she will be held solely responsible for any loss suffered by him/her.
- No candidate shall be permitted to leave the Exam Hall before the expiry of 3 Hours from the start of the exam.
- Candidates will be permitted to take their Test Booklet and also the carbonless duplicate copy of OMR sheet with them after the completion of the examination for their reference/record.
- The OMR Answer Sheets shall be distributed to the candidates 15 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam while the Test Booklet shall be distributed 5 minutes before the scheduled start of the exam to enable the candidates to go through the instructions and correctly fill up the required particulars.
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
The criteria mentioned here is exactly as per the guidelines issued by UGC.
- Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of online submission of application form, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with the requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award. Such candidates will have to submit the attestation form duly certified by the Head of the Department/Institute from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
- Sc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for General (UR) and OBC candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for Ph.D./Integrated Ph.D. program within the validity period of two years.
- Candidates possessing only Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply only for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and not for Lectureship (LS).
- The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. Ph.D. degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991 with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
- UPPER AGE LIMIT:
For JRF (NET): Maximum 28 years as on 01-07-2019.
Upper age limit may be relaxable up to 5 years in case of SC/ST/Persons with Disability(PWD)/ female applicants and 03 years in case of OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) applicants}.
For Lectureship (NET): No upper age limit.
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Important Dates:
|Commencement of application||1st week of March 2019|
|Last date to apply an online||4th week of March 2019|
|Last date for receipt of written request for change of examination center (only on merit basis)||3rd week of April 2019|
|Tentative date of publication of the list of candidates registered for test on the website||3rd week of May 2019|
|E-admit card will be issued on||1st week of June 2019|
|Tentative date of the single MCQ examination||3rd week of June 2019|
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern:
CSIR UGC NET is conducted for following areas that come under science and technology:
- Chemical Sciences.
- Earth Sciences.
- Life Sciences.
- Mathematical Sciences.
- Physical Sciences.
- Mode of examination: Online.
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions.
- The medium of examination: English and Hindi medium.
- Duration of examination: 3 hours or 180 minutes.
- Maximum marks: 200.
Negative marking for wrong answers, wherever required, shall be applicable as per subject wise scheme of Exam.
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Syllabus:
The question paper is divided into three sections viz.,
- Part ‘A’ is common to all subjects. This part contains a maximum of 20 questions of General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc. The candidates are required to answer any 15 questions of two marks each. The total marks allocated to this section is 30 out of 200.
- Part ‘B’ contains subject-related conventional MCQs. The total marks allocated to this section is 70 out of 200. The maximum number of questions to be attempted is in the range of 20-35.
- Part ‘C’ contains higher value questions that may test the candidate’s knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions are of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem. The total marks allocated to this section is 100 out of 200.
CSIR UGC NET 2019 Preparation Tips:
First things first, you need a plan. A plan helps you every step of the way and brings you closer to your goal. It saves your time of going back and forth and lets you move only in one direction and that is forward.
STEP 1 – Note down your goals.
STEP 2 – Divide your goals into smaller tasks.
STEP 3 – Assign a deadline for every task.
STEP 4 – Make a plan to execute the tasks.
STEP 5 – Start the execution of the plan.
Always keep track of your progress.
A few things that will help you in getting a better score are:
- Take regular mock tests – it will help you finish the exam within the provided time.
- Practice any questions as you can.
- Start early preparation.
- Focus on your weak as well as strong points, equally.
All the best for the examination, prepare well.