An engineering discipline that is on the hike, robotics engineering is a procreation field for creativity and innovation from people with a background in mechanical, electrical, or software engineering. Robotics research engineers sketch robotic systems and research methods to manufacture them in a cost-effective manner.
It deals with the design, construction, operation, and use of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing.
Robots are used to carry out tasks too dangerous or dirty for humans to execute. Robotics engineers use computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) systems to perform their tasks.
The robotics-engineering industry is a broad and changing field of study. To keep their knowledge and skills up to date, robotics engineers will need to read research and trade journals, attend professional seminars and conferences, and work with colleagues on cutting-edge research.
Courses and Duration
Following are the courses under Robotics Engineering –
- Diploma Course (Four years duration):
- Diploma in Robotics
- Bachelors Courses (Four years duration):
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Robotics Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Robotics
- Master Courses (Two years duration):
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Robotics Engineering
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Automation & Robotics
- Master of Engineering (ME) in Robotics Engineering
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Remote Sensing & Wireless Sensor Networks.
Like engineers in other disciplines, robotics engineers must be able to work well as team members. They must be able to communicate their ideas effectively. Those entering this field should have an aptitude for mathematics, physics, chemistry, and electronics. They should also be skilled in using computers.
Admissions in these courses will be given on the basis of national, state or university level examinations. Students will get the colleges for admission on the basis of ranks secured by them in the entrance examination.
Top institution or colleges in India which offers Robotics Engineering courses are :
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai
- Bharath University – Bharath Institute of Higher Education & Research, Tamil Nadu
Robotics courses typically include training in hydraulics and pneumatics, CADD/CAM systems, numerically controlled systems, microprocessors, integrated systems, and logic.
For Bachelor Courses:
Candidates can apply for a bachelor’s degree (B.Tech) in Robotics Engineering after passing 12th science examination.
Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in the 12th standard.
For Master Courses:
To apply for a master degree (ME/M.Tech), students must have a bachelor’s degree (B.E/B.Tech) or any other related branches of engineering.
B.Tech /BE in Electronics /Mechanical /Electrical /Computer Science and Engineering/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering/ Electrical and Electronics Engineering are eligible to take admission in M.Tech programme.
Engineering has various fields to study such as civil, IT, CSE, mechanical, mining, automobile, petroleum, etc. Here, we are providing you with a list of national and state level engineering entrance examinations which are considered for admissions in top colleges of the country.
Robotics Engineering entrance exams are:
- JEE Mains
- JEE Advanced
- Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Exam (UPSEE)
- AP EAMCET
- TS EAMCET
- LPU NEST
Jobs and Career Opportunities
Plenty of job opportunities are available for robotics engineers both in India and in abroad countries. Candidates with M.Tech degree in Robotics can seek job opportunities in space research organizations such as ISRO and also in industries which manufacture microchips.
In terms of technological advancement, automation and robotics engineering is progressing quickly in its traditional home of automotive industries, but also in other areas too. Automation and robotics engineering is now also used within the emergency services, the military, and medical professions.
They can work in robot manufacturers. Robot engineers working for robot manufacturers are sometimes called robotics test engineers or automation system engineers.
- Robotics Programmers
- Robotics Technicians
- Robot Design Engineer
- Robotics Test Engineers
- Senior Robotics Specialist
- Automated Product Design Engineer
- Agricultural Instrumentation Engineer
- Robotics System Engineer
- Robotics Testers
- Maintenance Engineers
Employment Opportunities in Robotics Engineering :
- Manufacturing industries
- Agricultural equipment manufacturing firms
- Mining industry
- Nuclear power plants
- The research division of mechanical/electrical engineering firms