Radio Jockey & Video Jockey
A radio jockey is a person who plays music, delivers news, manages contests, and chats with the listeners on the radio to entertain the listeners of a radio program. A radio jockey has their own style and creates new styles to entertain their listeners. They also write their own scripts and should be innovative in nature.
A video jockey is a person who plays and introduces video on commercial music television stations. They create video content and curate content and video playlist for concert performances, live events, and DJ nights. A video jockey hosts shows and series. Apart from it, they also incorporate live television feeds and music by organizing music video on television channels. A person who wants to become a video jockey must have excellent body language, dress sense, and good command over the spoken language.
About Radio Jockey & Video Jockey Courses:
To become a video jockey and radio jockey, it is not necessarily required to get a college degree if he/she is capable to teach themselves the essential skills asked for the work. There is no specific educational background required to become a video jockey and radio jockey. However, a candidate from mass communication background, visual communication or the arts can opt for this field as their career.
List of Radio Jockey Courses:
- Certificate Course in Announcing, Broadcasting, Comparing, and Dubbing
- Certificate Course in Radio Jockeying
- Certificate Course in Radio Production Programme
- Diploma in Radio Management
- Diploma in Radio Programming and Management
- Diploma in Radio Station Operations and Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Radio Programming and Management
List of Video Jockey Courses:
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Course in TV Reporting, Presentation, and Production
- Diploma in Communication and Media Development
- Master of Arts in Mass Communication
- Post Graduate Diploma in Journalism or Mass Communication
Eligibility Criteria and Duration of Various Courses:
- Certificate Courses: The duration of a certificate course is usually eight months to twelve months. A candidate who has passed the 12th examination or any other equivalent examination from a recognized board can apply for the course.
- Diploma Courses: The duration of a diploma course is one year. A candidate who has done 10+2 or any other equivalent examination can apply for the diploma course.
- Degree Courses: A candidate who has passed the senior secondary examination from a recognized board can apply for this course. The duration of the course is four years.
- Post Graduate Diploma Course: The duration of this course is one year. A candidate who has done graduation in any stream from a recognized university is eligible to apply for the course.
List of Top Entrance Exams & Colleges for Admission in Radio & Video Jockey Courses:
- Academy of Radio Management: The University offers undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma courses in Mass Media Communication. The interested candidate can apply for the admission on the website http://www.arm.net.in.
- Asian Academy of Film & Television: The University offers certificate, postgraduate diploma, undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Radio Jockey & Video Jockey. Interested candidates can apply for the desired course on the website http://aaft.com.
- Indian Institute of Mass Communication: The Institute conducts an entrance examination through which candidates can get admission in the Post Graduate Diploma course in Radio & Television Journalism. Interested candidates can check the details on the website
http://www.iimc.nic.in. The Institute grants admission on the basis of marks scored in the written examination followed by a group discussion and interview round.
- International Institute of Mass Media: The Institute conducts an entrance examination followed by GD and PI round. Interested candidates can check the website https://www.iimmdelhi.com for more details.
- Radio City School of Broadcasting, Mumbai: The candidates who want to get admission in this School can apply on the website https://www.radiocity.in/radiocity-school-of-broadcasting. The Institute offers a certificate course in Radio Jockeying & Radio Production/Sales/Digital. The students will go internship of 3 months duration at Radio City 91.1 FM in the chosen field.
- Sardar Patel College of Communication & Management, New Delhi: The University offers postgraduation degree in Radio Journalism. The candidates who want to get admission in the course can apply on the website http://www.bvbdelhi.org/sardar_patelcollege. A candidate must appear for the entrance examination conducted by the university to be eligible for the admission.
- The Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad: The University offers Post Graduate Programs in Media and Entertainment Management. Interested candidates can apply for the course on the website mica.ac.in.
- Xavier Institute of Communications, Mumbai: The Institute offers Diploma course in Mass Communication, Journalism and conducts an entrance examination known as XIC OET (Online Entrance Test). The written examination is followed by a personal interview round. The University offers bachelor’s course in Mass Media. For more details, interested candidates can check the website xaviers.edu.
Jobs & Career Opportunities in Radio & Jockey Courses:
A radio jockey or video jockey are not bounded to work for fixed hours a day. The job of a radio jockey or video jockey is quite thrilling. They get to entertain and interact with a large number of crowd. On television, the success of a show depends on the capability of a radio jockey or video jockey.
The demand for radio jockeys and video jockeys are increasing day by day. They can also become one of the following:
- Dancer & Choreographer
- Fashion Model
- TV Anchor
- Film Editor