The scope of establishing a career is not just limited into a few pages of a book anymore, it has stretched its arms into sports and physical education as well.
As indicated in the title itself, “Physical Education” is the study of maintaining the human body through physical exercise and sports. If you have are hyperactive and have the stamina of leaving everyone behind in the race and take part in physical activities on a regular basis, a career in physical education is the best and the ultimate option for you. There are a lot of courses that will give the right amount of spark to your flair and enthusiasm to achieve something huge in this field. The detailed description of the courses for physical education is mentioned in the following sections, including:
- Admission Procedure
- Jobs & Careers Opportunities
There are ample courses that will help you boost your career in physical education and get a job which includes undergraduate courses, postgraduate courses, and diploma courses as well. Following is the list of courses that one can pursue.
- Physical Education
- Yoga teacher training
- Yoga and Physical education
- B.A (Physical Education)
- B.A (Yoga)
- B.P.Ed (Physical Education)
- B.P.Ed (Master of Physical Education)
- Master of Philosophy in Physical Education (M.Phil)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Physical Education(Ph.D.)
- Yoga and Yoga Science
- Yoga and Naturopathy
The usual duration of the courses is mentioned below:
|Type of courses||Duration|
|UG Courses||3 Years|
|PG Courses||2 Years|
|Diploma Courses||1 Year|
The duration of the courses might change depending on the course.
Step 1 – Registration / Application: The first step towards taking admission in any institution requires the filling of the application form. The candidates are supposed to visit the official website of the institute they want to enroll in and register under the desired course.
Step 2 – Many institutes conduct a separate entrance examination for the admission and In order to take admission, the candidates are required to qualify the examination with the minimum marks (cutoff) specified.
Step 3 – Counseling: After the successful registration and qualifying the examination (if applicable) the candidates have to go through a series of counseling.
Step 4 – Take admission.
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university/ organization.
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Aspirants must have a degree of graduation in their respective fields with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Aspirants must have passed the school along with the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC)/ tenth standard/ equivalent
As mentioned earlier in section 4, some universities/ institutions conduct separate entrance tests for admissions and candidates are required to qualify that entrance in order to take admission. To be a part of the entrance test the candidates must abide by the series of step mentioned below:
- Filling the application form (online or offline)
- Submission and payment of application fee
Jobs & Careers Opportunities
The career prospects that are most preferred after achieving a degree in physical education:
- Sports Administration
- Physical Therapy
- Sport Psychology
- Sport Sociology
- Sports Medicine