Pharmacy is a field that comprises of the study of all the different kinds of harmful and useful drugs.
This article will provide you with all the details relevant to Pharmacy courses, including:
- Admission Procedure
- Jobs & Careers Opportunities
The courses of pharmacy comprise of the study of the following:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmaceutical Maths & Biostatistics
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, etc.
The courses that one can pursue to have a career in the aforementioned field, are:
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)
- Pharm (Hons.)
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)
- D (Post Baccalaureate)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D)
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences
The duration of the pharmaceutics courses is as mentioned below:
|Type of courses||Duration|
|UG Courses||4 Years|
|PG Courses||2 Years
(Pharm.D – 3 Years)
|Diploma Courses||1 Year|
|Doctoral Courses||6 Years|
The admissions in the aforementioned course for the undergraduate programme are done through entrance examinations in most of the colleges. Some colleges also take admissions on the basis the mark scored in 10+2.
The admissions in the postgraduate programme are done through GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test).
The candidates are required to follow the procedure mentioned below:
STEP 1 – Registration for entrance or admission: The forms are made available either through offline and online mode. The candidates are supposed to fill the forms and submit it.
STEP 2 – Qualifying entrance (if applicable): The candidates are supposed to qualify the entrance examination for taking admission in the desired university/ college.
STEP 3 – Counselling: After qualifying the respective entrance (if applicable) with the minimum marks stated by the concerned authorities, the candidates have to go through a series of counseling for acquiring and locking the seats.
The candidates are called for the counseling, depending on their score in the entrance.
STEP 4 – Verification of documents: After the candidates are allotted the seats, they are supposed to report to the respective university/ college for verification of documents.
STEP 5 – Taking admission: After verification of documents the final admission is carried out along with the submission of the admission fee.
The basic requirements for taking admission in the courses are:
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university/ organization.
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Aspirants must have a degree of graduation in their respective fields with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
The examinations that are conducted for the aforementioned programme are:
- TS EAMCET
- AP EAMCET
- AP PGECET
- Delhi CET
- BITSAT, etc.
The procedure that must be followed is:
- Filling the application form
- Submission of application form
Jobs and Career Opportunities
The professions that can be opted after acquiring a degree in pharmacy, are:
- Consultant Pharmacists
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Dispensary Manager
- Dispensary Pharmacist
- Community Pharmacist
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Medicines Safety Manager
- Medicines Management Technician
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Senior Clinical Pharmacists