By definition, Nanotechnology is the manipulation of matter on an atomic, molecular, and supramolecular scale. The world is advancing day by day and so is our technology. Nanotechnology has brought about a phenomenal change in the world of technology and has made our lives easier in a lot of ways.
If you wish to make a career in the field of nanotechnology, then, this article will provide you with all the details on how to become a scientist, including:
- Admission Procedure
- Jobs & Careers Opportunities
- M.Sc in Nanotechnology
- M.Sc in Nanoscience and Technology
- M.Tech in Nanotechnology
- M.Tech in Material Science and Nanotechnology
- M.Tech in Nanotechnology and Nanomaterials
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nanotechnology
- Doctor of Philosophy in Nanoscience and Technology
|Type of courses||Duration|
|UG Courses||B.Sc – 3 Years|
|B.Tech/B.E – 4 Years|
|PG Courses||2 Years|
|Doctoral courses||2 Years|
STEP 1 – Registering: The first and the most important step is to register in the right order. The registration forms are made available either through online or offline mode. Candidates can check the details of commencement of registration, on the official website of whichever college/ university they desire to enroll in.
STEP 2 (a) – Qualifying the entrance examination: Various entrance examinations are conducted for the courses (after the completion of) at the national level, state level or university level. Candidates are required to qualify the examination with the minimum cutoff of the desired course to enroll in that particular programme.
STEP 2 (b) – In case no entrance examination is conducted the candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their qualifying marks in the course pursued earlier. Candidates must fill in the application forms carefully, as their application is the main key to getting shortlisted for the programme.
STEP 3 – After completion of the first two steps successfully, the shortlisted candidates are called for counseling on the basis of their application or the marks scored in the entrance examination.
STEP 4 – After successfully locking the seats in the counseling, candidates are required to report to the venue of admission for verification of documents.
STEP 5 – After successful verification of documents, candidates can go ahead and take admission along with the submission of the curriculum fee specified.
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Aspirants must have a degree of graduation or any other equivalent course in their respective fields with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Candidates holding a degree in B.Tech in Mechanical, Biomedical, Chemical, Biotechnology, Electronics, and Computer Science or B.Sc in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Life Sciences can apply for the postgraduate courses in nanotechnology
The examinations typically conducted for the aforementioned course, are:
- IIT JAM
Jobs and career opportunities
There is an amazing scope in the field of nanotechnology as it is paving its path all across the world at a rapid rate. The job profiles that are that one can go with are:
- Applications Engineer
- Director of Product Marketing
- Manufacturing Engine
- Director of Research
- Optical Engineer
- Product Marketing Engineer
- Technical Program Manager
- Research Scientist
- Research & Development Engineers
- Product Marketing Manager