You are always surrounded by opportunities, you just have to find your passion and go with it. You can go about in any direction. If you have the flair for mining engineering, there are a lot of options you can pursue. Mining Engineering courses are all about learning geology, mineral processing, and metallurgy, geotechnical engineering and surveying. This article is going to provide you all the information related to the machine engineering courses, which includes:
- Admission Procedure
- Jobs & Careers Opportunities
The courses that will help you boost your career in the aforementioned field and get a job, are mentioned in the list below:
- Diploma Courses in Mining and Mine Surveying Engineering
- B.E./B.Tech in Mining
- ME/ M.Tech in Mining Engineering
- Doctoral Courses
The usual duration of the courses is mentioned below:
|Type of courses||Duration|
|UG Courses||B.Sc – 3 Years|
|B.Tech/B.E – 4 Years|
|PG Courses||2 Years|
|Diploma Courses||1 Year|
|Doctoral courses||2 Years|
Step 1 – Registration / Application: The first step towards taking admission in any institution requires the filling of the application form. The candidates are supposed to visit the official website of the institute they want to enroll in and register under the desired course.
Step 2 – Many institutes conduct a separate entrance examination for the admission and In order to take admission, the candidates are required to qualify the examination with the minimum marks (cutoff) specified.
Step 3 – Counseling: After the successful registration and qualifying the examination (if applicable) the candidates have to go through a series of counseling.
Step 4 – Take admission.
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university/ organization.
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Aspirants must have a degree of graduation in their respective fields with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Aspirants must have passed the school along with the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC)/tenth standard/equivalent examination
As mentioned earlier in section 4, some universities/ institutions conduct separate entrance tests for admissions and candidates are required to qualify that entrance in order to take admission. To be a part of the entrance test the candidates must abide by the series of step mentioned below:
- Filling the application form (online or offline)
- Submission and payment of application fee
Jobs & Careers Opportunities
There is an amazing scope of jobs and career opportunities for mining engineers in India as well as abroad. Some of the professions that candidates might go for are:
- Mining Engineer – Granite
- Mining Engineering Technicians
- Research Engineers- Data Mining
- Deputy Chief Mechanical – Metals & Mining
- Assistant Mining Engineer
- Mining Engineer / Mine Planner
- Technical Consultant- Mining Industries
- The Indian Bureau of Mines
- Geological Survey of India
- Neyvelli Lignite Corporation
- Essel Mining & Industries Ltd.
- Hindustan Zinc Limited
- Adani Mining Pvt. Ltd.
- Arcelor Mittal
- Bharat Forge Limited
- Cairn Energy
- Coal India Ltd.
- Damodar Valley Corporation
The starting salary of a marine engineer is quite promising and satisfying. Besides going for a job, people often go for higher education and proceed their career in the direction of research or lectureship.