Hotel Management Catering Courses
Hotel Management & Catering Technology is a full-time program in Hotel Management. This course lends candidates the opportunity to sharpen their technical and management skills for a better profession in the future.
It is suitable for candidates who wish to build their career in Hotel and Hospitality Industry. The curriculum of Hotel Management & Catering technology is designed in such a manner that it can offer the students an in-depth knowledge of the stream and thereby enhance their practical and analytical skills to use them in management positions.
The program creates a wide arena for students to improvise on their analytical, management and technical skills, thus creating a strong foundation for them to imbibe professionalism and develop enduring career opportunities.
The program aims to build their acuity in Hotel Management through the study of subjects like Understanding of Food & Beverages, Food Hygiene and Nutrition, Guidance of Hotel Laws, Ethics of Hotel Management and so on, helping them gain specialization in the chosen field of study. The course covers four major dimensions of the subject which includes food & beverages service, food production, front office operation, and accommodation operations to strengthen student’s caliber in all the varied fields.
Colleges Offering Hotel Management is:
- Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh
- Institute of Hotel Management, Jodhpur
- Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management, Goa
There is large no. of course available in the hotel management field. The detailed list of the courses is given below:
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
- BA (Hons) in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hotel Management
- Master of Science in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- Certificate Courses in Hotel and Catering Management
- Craftsmanship Courses
Courses subjects :
- Food and Beverage Services (Wine and Liquor)
- Food Production and Culinary Art
- Front Office Operation and Management
- Guest Retaining Strategy
- Introduction to Hospitality
- Nutrition and Food Science
- Problem Solving and Creative Thinking
The Hotel management catering course duration varies according to its level of study the candidate is pursuing. As there is three level for Hotel Management Course, the student’s interest in the course defines its duration.
The Duration for the variegated level of education in Hotel management catering course is as under :
- Diploma in Hotel management catering Course – 1 year
It includes all the different types of diploma courses under Hotel management.
- Bachelor’s degree course – 3 years
It is just as another degree course which requires a study of three years.
- Master’s degree – 2 years.
All the master degree courses under Hotel management catering Course is completed in 2 years of study.
The admission to the various courses in the hotel management catering Course is based on the hotel management entrance exam. The selection in the various courses is done on the basis of NCHMCT JEE 2019 conducted in the month of April. Apart from this, there are a number of other entrance tests including IPU CET BHMCT, Oberoi Step in, UPSEE BHMCT and IHA, conducted by the big hotel chains for admission in the own training institutes. The application for the same is released in the month of December every year.
Following are the basic eligibility criteria for being admitted for Hotel management catering course :
- First of all, candidates should be at least 17 years of age.
- The certificate courses are generally short-term courses for the duration of 6 months to one year. The candidates can pursue these courses after completing 12th class.
- Students must clear 10+2 exam with minimum 50 % marks in any stream having English as a compulsory subject, to get admission in UG Courses.
- After completing a UG degree program, the candidate may go for a postgraduate program. The basic eligibility for this program is 45% marks in graduation from a recognized university.
There is a Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) for admission to B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration in various IHM’s and hotel management institutes conducted by India National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology (NCHMCT) every year. Apart from there is the direct admission in other private institution for Hotel Management and Hospitality. Students can directly apply in their hotel management courses after 12th.
IIHM e chat is national level exam also knows as combined hospitality aptitude test. IIHM e Chat offers admission to students in Hotel management courses. After, the written exam candidate is shortlisted on the basis of group discussion & personal interview rounds. Students interested in the exam should be 10+2 qualified with minimum 60 % marks. IIHM chat application process starts in Dec & exam will be in the month of May. IIHM has seven sister campus, through this entrance exam, students can get admission in any of the 7 campuses located in Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Pune, Jaipur, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad.
National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination (NCHMT JEE ) – NCHMT JEE is a gateway to get admission in 21 central & 15 state-affiliated IHMs. Its National Level exam conducted by an autonomous body come under Ministry of Tourism, Govt of India. NCHMT JEE happens every year, its application process starts from Dec and exam in the month of June.
Job & Career Opportunities
Hotel Management is an Industry which is taking over the Indian Market and giving a wide area of employment opportunities for the students. With globalization at its best, this field has taken an International base with wide areas of specialization. As small, big hotels are opening, a requirement of trained hotel management professionals are increasing globally, thus making it a lucrative profession.
It is a glamorous career but on the other side, it is one of the most challenging professions around the world. It requires a professional who can be very calm in every situation.
Job Profiles :
The career is not just limited to the chef or reception profile; there is a wide range of job profile comes under the hospitality industry.
- Executive Chefs
- Floor Supervisor
- Front office manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Marketing & Sales Manager
- Restaurant and Food Service Manager
- Hotel Manager
- Assistant manager