About Graphic Designing
Graphic Designing means a visual Presentation of a subject and product with the help of Shapes, Colours, Images, Fonts, and space. It is a best professional course to make a successful career with good salary and creativity. Graphic design unleashes your creative thoughts and makes them so beautiful. In this course there is syllabus to design Brochure, Visiting cards, Magazine, Newspaper, Flyer, Web Template, Prospectus, Flex, Banners, graphic visualization, and Photo Retouching.
If you are looking for admission in UG courses, you must have cleared at least 12th or higher secondary education from any recognized board.
About Degree in Graphic Designing (BFA-Applied Arts)
Bachelor of Fine Arts(Applied Arts) program focuses on design studies like critical thinking, project development, community engagement, and collaboration. Students will learn to translate concepts into individual expression by using drawing, color, form, space, structure, and composition and by developing a solid understanding of tools and media. Above all, they will learn to cultivate the intellectual, conceptual, and critical skills required to successfully launch their careers in today’s highly demanding graphics and communication design industry and emerging new media based interactive design setups, apart from advertising and brand management agencies.
- Applied Arts
Colleges for Degree in Graphic Designing
In India and Abroad there are lots of best colleges where you can learn Bachelor of Fine Arts(Applied Art).
- Delhi College of Art, New Delhi
- Institute Delhi College of Art, New Delhi
- Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi
- Amity School of Fine Arts, Noida-UP
- Deviprasad Goenka Management College Of Media Studies, Mumbai
- Lalit Kala Sansthan of Visual and Performing Arts, Agra
- Sir J. J .Institute of Applied Art, Mumbai
- ABS-Affinity Business School, Bhubneshwar
- SVC-Sri Venkateswara College, Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University
- AKM-Abhinav Kala Mahavidyalaya, Mumbai
- IFA-Institute of Fine Arts
- College of Fine Arts, Chennai
- Kanpur University
- New York Film Academy
About Certification in Graphic Designing
Graphic Designing skills come into play when designing for magazines, posters, newspapers, Flyers, etc. A design destined for print demands certain specifications to ensure the highest quality & perfection. Even with the increasing popularity of web design, print design is still in demand. With the right knowledge and skills, you can be one of the in-demand professionals in the print & publishing industry.
Colleges for Diploma in Graphic Designing:-
- Arena Animation
- MAAC Academy
- ZICA Animation College
- TGC Animation
- Oxford Institute
- LISAA School of Design
- IMS-Design and Innovation Academy
Jobs and Career Opportunities
Many government and private firms recruit graphic designers to work on different projects for several clients. You can also work as a freelance designer in this field.
Skills needed in a graphic design job are given below:
- Innovative and Creative thinking to produce new ideas and develop interactive designs.
- IT Skills
- Problem Solving Ability
- Proficiency in the application used in graphic designing.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and other web design languages.
- Communication Skills
- Ability to meet client requirements.
You can easily find jobs in various design consultancies, advertising agencies, design studio, educational institutions, publishers, marketing firms and many other places. After completing a degree in graphic design, you may also set up your own design studio or can work as an exhibiting artist.
Role of Graphic Designer:
The graphic designers typically do the following tasks:
- Design layouts and select colors, images to use in the design.
- Create graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and websites.
- Develop graphic designs that meet clients objectives.
- Evaluate time and cost to complete the graphic design.
- Supervise other graphic designers or graphic arts, technicians
As a graphic designer, you can work on websites, advertising, books, magazines, posters, computer games, product packaging, exhibitions, and displays.
- Graphic Designer
- Picture Editor
- Design Manager
- Brand Identity Designer
- Flash Designers
- Web Designer
- Visual Image Developer
- Logo Designers
Graphic designer also creates marketing brochures for products and services, design distinctive logos for products and businesses. Some graphic designer works for design firms while some can work independently.
- Wipro technologies
- Design Factory India
- General Motors Design
- Moonraft Innovation Labs Pvt. Ltd.
- SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.
- Eastern Silk Industries Ltd.
Top Entrance Exams for:
- NID Entrance exam 2019
- MIT Entrance exam
- CEED Entrance exam 2019
- UCEED Entrance Exam 2019
- Symbiosis entrance exam 2019
Top colleges to study graphic design are:
- National Institute of Design, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
- Industrial Design Centre (IIT Bombay), Mumbai
- Symbiosis Institute of Design, Pune
- MIT Institute of Design, Pune
- Wigan and Leigh College (WLCI), New Delhi
In India, many universities offer admission to students on the basis of marks secured in the entrance examination. You may appear for the AIEED entrance exam for admissions in undergraduate and postgraduate courses.