About Foreign Languages:
As language is informative in function, the study of foreign languages increases the creativity in a person and helps in dealing with another culture. When a person learns a language, he/she develops problem-solving, dealing with abstract concepts. List of famous foreign languages among people is given below:
Foreign Language Courses:
A person can opt from below courses to learn foreign languages:
- Diploma Course: A candidate who has passed 10th or 10+2 examination from a recognized board is eligible for the course. The duration of the course is one year divided into two semesters. There are some universities conducts entrance test, some offers based on the mark secured in Certificate Course of the language concerned.
- Degree Course: A candidate can get do a bachelor’s degree in Arts (Foreign Language). The duration of the course is a three year divided into six semesters. There are some universities conducts entrance test, some offers based on the marks secured in the 12th
- Certificate Course: A candidate who has passed the 12th examination are eligible for the admission in the course. There are some universities conducts entrance test, some offers based on the marks secured in the 12th Generally, the duration of such courses is six months.
- Advance Diploma Course: A candidate who has done a diploma in the language concerned from a recognized university. Selection is done on the basis of marks scored in Diploma or the Entrance Test.
Entrance Examinations for Various Courses:
- Jawaharlal Nehru Entrance Examination: The University conducts an entrance examination in the month of December every year. The university grants undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in foreign languages. Interested candidates can apply for the same on the website https://www.jnu.ac.in/admission. The University offers to learn in languages in Persian, Pushto, Arabic, Japanese, Korean, Chinese, French, German, Russian, and Spanish.
Apart from this, the university grants certificate courses in Mongolian and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Banaras Hindu University: The University grants Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Chinese and Russian languages. Interested candidates can apply for the admission on the website http://www.bhu.ac.in/arts/foreign_lang.
- Jamia Milia Islamia University: The University grants admission in Bachelor of Arts course in Turkish, Arabic, Urdu, Latin, and Persian. Apart from degree courses, the university offers certificate courses and diploma courses also. A candidate can apply for such language courses on the website https://www.jmi.ac.in. The university an entrance examination followed by an interview to shortlist the candidates.
This university also offers a certificate course in Uzbek, Modern Arabic Language, Turkemenin, French, Russian, and many more.
- English Foreign Language University: The University conducts an entrance examination every year and shortlists the candidates based on the marks scored in the examination. Interested candidates can apply for the examination on the website efluniversity.ac.in. The university offers undergraduate bachelor course in Arabic, French, German, Russian, and Spanish.
- University of Mumbai: The University grants undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in foreign languages. Candidates who want to pursue their career from the university can apply on the website mu.ac.in. The University conducts an entrance examination every year to shortlist eligible candidates. The University offers Bachelor of Arts in French and German Studies.
- University of Delhi: This University offers part-time as well as full-time undergraduate bachelor course in Italian, French, German, and Spanish. Candidates can check the website du.ac.in to keep updated for the information about the examination.
- Kurushetra University, Haryana: This University provides a certificate course in French and German. Candidates are shortlisted based on the marks obtained in the qualifying examination. Interested candidates can check the website kuk.ac.in.
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
As the languages are the essence of communication, a person who knows foreign languages can emerge as a global player. A person who has done any course in languages can become a freelancer, online content writer, teacher, decode, an interpreter. Given below are the list of few sectors one can join after doing foreign language course:
- Diplomatic Services
- Mass Communication
- Public Relations