About Event Management:
Event Management is a technical and creative skill which is essential for the creation of any life experience whether it is a festival, wedding, sporting event, concerts, parties, ceremonies, meeting, product launches or conference. The course teaches a student how to plan and organize all aspects of events that cater to large crowds. Event Management includes below factors:
- Site Selection
- Acquiring necessary permits
- Coordinating Transportation
- Arranging Decor
- Event Security
- Coordinating with Third Party Vendors
- Emergency Plans and many more.
Types of Event Management Courses, their Eligibility, and Duration:
In our country, there are some very good event management colleges offering Event Management courses. Given below is the list of a few courses an aspirant can do in Event Management:
- Diploma Course in Event Management: Diploma in Event Management is a one year course which can be done by the students who have qualified higher & senior secondary with a minimum of 50% aggregate in the qualifying examination. The admission in this course is generally done on the basis of marks scored in the 10th or 12th Interested candidates will get training in planning, analyzing, producing, marketing and evaluating an event.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Event Management: This course includes event coordination, marketing, advertising, production, planning, accounting, communication skills, brand management, event special topics, and public relations. The duration of this course is one year. The course is divided into two semesters. A candidate who has done graduation is eligible for the course.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Advertising, Media & Event Management: This course allows students to develop and specialize understanding of management issues, approaches and challenges in the field like advertising, media management, marketing, event management, etc. A candidate who has done graduation in any stream from a recognized university is eligible for the course. The duration of this course is one year.
- BBA in Event Management: This is an undergraduate course. It enables a candidate to communicate with potential clients. The course teaches a student examining the complexities of the brand, devising the event concept, distinguishing the targeted audience, and coordinating the technical parts of an event. The duration of the course is 3 years. A candidate who has passed the 12th examination from a recognized board is eligible for the course.
- MBA in Event Management: Master in Business Administration in Event Management is a two years course which produces the professional promoters, marketing agent, and advertisers. The course involves education about wedding management, education fairs, seminars, birthday parties, college events, training programs, anniversaries, annual sports, award functions, entertainment events and many more.
Entrance Examinations for different Event Management Courses:
- Amity Institute of Event Management: The institute grants admission in MBA in event management through CAT, MAT, GMAT, and NMAT every year. A candidate who aspires to do post graduation in event management shall appear for the examination and apply on the official website of institute http://www.amity.edu/asco.
- Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication: The institute conducts examination for entrance in postgraduation diploma in event management every year throughout India. Interested candidates can apply for the examination on the website http://university.apeejay.edu.
- College of Events and Media, Pune: The university grants advanced program in event management of one year. Candidates who are interested in this course can apply on the website http://www.coemindia.com.
- Event Management Development Institute, Bengaluru: The institute offers Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management & Experimental Marketing. Interested candidates can apply for the admission in the Institute on the website http://emdiworld.com/bengaluru.
- Indian Institute of Management: The institute grants admission based on the scores obtained in CAT. A candidate shall have to appear for CAT to be eligible for the course.
- International Centre for Event Management: The institute offers the certificate course in Event Management. The duration of this course is six months. Interested candidates can apply for the admission on the website http://icem.com.au.
- National Institute of Event Management, Mumbai: This institute offers diploma courses and postgraduation diploma courses in Event Management. Interested candidates can apply for the course on the website http://www.niemindia.com.
Jobs & Career Opportunities:
Event management is a useful skill to have in a variety of different fields. Some common job posts and types are given below:
- Advertising and Marketing Executive
- Brand and Image Specialist
- Celebrity Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Event Planner
- Event Coordinator
- Event Manager
- Finance Management Executive
- HR Manager
- Public Relations Executive
- Promotion Executive
- Printing Executive
- Resources Purchase Manager