You are always surrounded by opportunities, you just have to find your passion and go with it. You can go about in any direction. If you have the flair for electrical engineering, there are a lot of options you can pursue. Electrical Engineering courses are all about learning discipline that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism, etc. This article is going to provide you all the information related to the electrical engineering courses, which includes:
- Admission Procedure
- Jobs & Careers Opportunities
The courses that will help you boost your career in the aforementioned field and get a job, are mentioned in the list below:
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Engineering degree in telecommunications systems
The markets are swarming with ample opportunities after the completion of electrical engineering and acquiring a degree of the same. You will find out about the jobs and career opportunities later.
|Type of courses||Duration|
|UG Courses||B.Sc – 3 Years|
|B.Tech/B.E – 4 Years|
|PG Courses||2 Years|
|Diploma Courses||1 Year|
|Doctoral courses||2 Years|
Step 1 – Registration / Application: The first step towards taking admission in any institution requires the filling of the application form. The candidates are supposed to visit the official website of the institute they want to enroll in and register under the desired course.
Step 2 – Many institutes conduct a separate entrance examination for the admission and In order to take admission the candidates are required to qualify the examination with the minimum marks (cutoff) specified.
Step 3 – Counseling: After the successful registration and qualifying the examination (if applicable) the candidates have to go through a series of counseling.
Step 4 – Take admission.
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university/ organization.
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Aspirants must have a degree of graduation in their respective fields with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Aspirants must have passed the school along with the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC) /tenth standard/equivalent examination
As mentioned earlier in section 4, some universities/ institutions conduct separate entrance tests for admissions and candidates are required to qualify that entrance in order to take admission. To be a part of the entrance test the candidates must abide by the series of step mentioned below:
- Filling the application form (online or offline)
- Submission and payment of application fee
Jobs & Careers Opportunities
There is an amazing scope of jobs and career opportunities for electrical engineers in India as well as abroad. Some of the professions that candidates might go for are:
- Acoustic consultant
- Aerospace engineer
- Broadcast engineer
- Control and instrumentation engineer
- Design engineer
- Electrical engineer
- Electronics engineer
- IT consultant
- Network engineer
- Nuclear engineer
- Systems analyst
- Management consultant
- Multimedia programmer
- Project manager
- Technical author
- Technical sales engineer
- Wireless communications and mobile.
- Nanotechnology and biomedical engineering.
Apart from these, one can even pursue higher education and after qualifying a few examinations like GATE, NET, etc. can go for options like: