About Dairy Technology Course
Dairy Technology Courses as indicated in its name, is the study of dairy products, their manufacturing, milk processing and its by-products. There are a lot of courses that one can pursue. The detailed description of the Dairy Technology courses is mentioned in the following section which includes:
- Duration of courses
- Admission Procedure
- Jobs & Careers Opportunities
If the candidates find themselves in a position in which they have developed a keen interest for dairy technology and have a flair to dig deeper, then dairy technology is one such platform that will give the spark to their passion. The courses that the candidates can opt for, to pursue Dairy Technology, are:
- B.Tech in Dairy Technology
- E. in Dairy Technology
- Dairy Microbiology (M.Tech)
- Dairy Engineering (M.Tech)
- Animal Biochemistry (M.Tech)
- Animal Nutrition (M.Tech)
- Animal Biotechnology (M.Tech)
- Animal Genetics and Breeding
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Dairy Chemistry
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Food and Dairy Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Dairy Science and Technology
Duration of Courses
|Type of courses||Duration|
|UG Courses||B.Sc – 3 Years|
|B.Tech/B.E – 4 Years|
|PG Courses||2 Years|
|Diploma Courses||1 Year|
Step 1 – Registration / Application: The first step towards taking admission in any institution requires the filling of the application form. The candidates are supposed to fill the application forms of the respective institution/ university, they want to enroll in and register under the desired course.
Step 2 – Many institutes conduct a separate entrance examination for the admission and In order to take admission, the candidates are required to qualify the examination with the minimum marks (cutoff) specified.
Step 3 – Counseling: After the successful registration and qualifying the examination (if applicable) the candidates have to go through a series of counseling.
Step 4 – Take admission.
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university/ organization.
- Aspirants have to pass their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Aspirants must have a degree of graduation in their respective fields with the minimum qualifying marks specified by the institute/ university.
- Aspirants must have passed the school along with the Secondary School Leaving Certificate (SSLC)/ tenth standard/ equivalent
As mentioned earlier in section 4, some universities/ institutions conduct separate entrance tests for admissions and candidates are required to qualify that entrance in order to take admission. To be a part of the entrance test the candidates must abide by the series of step mentioned below:
- Filling the application form (online or offline)
- Submission and payment of application fee
Jobs & Careers Opportunities
There is an amazing scope of jobs and career opportunities for dairy technology in India as well as abroad. The course has gained popularity in a very short period of time. Some of the professions that candidates might go for are:
- Dairy technologist
- Dairy scientist
- Industry supervisor
- Dairy medical officer
Some of the top recruiting industries are:
- Mother Dairy
- Metro Dairy
- ITC (Food Division)
- Hindustan Unilever
Besides the options mentioned above, one can opt for higher education as well and can lead their careers in the direction of research or lecturership or assistant professors.